What's new

Grade the Utah Jazz draft.

Hendricks - A; love him and I think when he develops chemistry with Lauri and Walker we’ll be very dynamic and difficult to defend and score against.

Keyonte - C-; Whitmore should have been the pick. I don’t like Baylor guys and thought we were done with them

Sensabaugh - C-; we already have THT. L. Miller should have been the pick. He’s shown he can play with men and do well.

Overall: C-C+; I’d feel different if Whitmore and Miller weren’t available with our 2nd and 3rd picks. But I love Hendricks so I guess we’ll see. Like all of us I hope it turns into the best draft in franchise history but I’m skeptical.

Hendricks: B+... one of the BPAs at that point with the way the draft shook out. a safe pick, seems bust proof, but perhaps with a limited ceiling (and i admit that probably isn't fair, but it's how i see it)
George: A... mostly because he's the kind of pick they needed to make at 16. a legit swing for the fences pick - a guy with legit star potential (also fairly significant bust potential). the high risk/high reward pick they had to make at least once with one of the three
Sensabaugh: C-... there were a lot of other guys i would have liked at that spot or his grade would be higher, but i love the fact the jazz took a guy with a specific nba skill and i think has a chance to be pretty good as he gains experience and gets great coaching

overall, it has to be a solid B+/A-

Hendricks- F this isn’t me hating Hendricks, but we could’ve had Cam without paying anything to move up. He at least had a punchers chance at being an allstar. Hendricks isn’t a wing. Hell, Lauri isn’t really a wing. We will get next to no creation at the 3&4 spots. No perimeter defense from either spot so we will rely on Sexton for that, wonderful.

George- F We need a pg so let’s draft George, the second coming of JC, BRILLIANT!!!!!! A 6-4 pf would be great, but a 6-4 sg who can’t defend… put a gun to my head!!! He’s not a ****ing pg!!!!

Sensabaugh- C This is the only pick I can get behind. And if not for passing on Miller and GG and Ciddy I’d give this an A.

All in all I give us an F. We didn’t draft dudes that fit what we are building like at all!!! We passed on high upside players for dudes who I question IQ wise. We need a pg so we draft a JC clone. WTF?

Are you slow? Whitmore went 20 for a reason. I’ve heard both medical flags about him as well as his Nova coach didn’t even give him a vote of confidence to teams. Whatever it is there was a reason and you being pissy that we didn’t take Whitmore when it’s obvious there was a legit reason is dumb af.

damn, if you're a highly touted draft prospect, make sure your coach likes you or you're screwed. hearing stuff saying that's why leonard miller dropped as well. i guess nba brass don't love hearing the guy who coached you and spent more time with you than any other say things like "yeah, he's selfish, arrogant, piece of ****"

Last edited:
Are you slow? Whitmore went 20 for a reason. I’ve heard both medical flags about him as well as his Nova coach didn’t even give him a vote of confidence to teams. Whatever it is there was a reason and you being pissy that we didn’t take Whitmore when it’s obvious there was a legit reason is dumb af.
Thanks

Hendricks- F this isn’t me hating Hendricks, but we could’ve had Cam without paying anything to move up. He at least had a punchers chance at being an allstar. Hendricks isn’t a wing. Hell, Lauri isn’t really a wing. We will get next to no creation at the 3&4 spots. No perimeter defense from either spot so we will rely on Sexton for that, wonderful.

George- F We need a pg so let’s draft George, the second coming of JC, BRILLIANT!!!!!! A 6-4 pf would be great, but a 6-4 sg who can’t defend… put a gun to my head!!! He’s not a ****ing pg!!!!

Sensabaugh- C This is the only pick I can get behind. And if not for passing on Miller and GG and Ciddy I’d give this an A.

All in all I give us an F. We didn’t draft dudes that fit what we are building like at all!!! We passed on high upside players for dudes who I question IQ wise. We need a pg so we draft a JC clone. WTF?
lol adding that up by your math 2 F's and 1 C = F smh
Whitmore clearly has a serious issue to fall to 20. I would have gambled on him at 16 and I think this front office would have as well, if they knew what the hell the reaosn he was falling was. Maybe they did know,who ****ing knows.
But they also didn't go the direction a lot of people on here thought they would, trading up for Black or Jarace lol
They could have gotten a better shooting version of a higher upside defensive pg than Black right there at 16 in JHS , but not taking him clearly says to me that archetype was never high on the board at all.
They got the complimentary to the current fc prototypical forward ,to develop offensively, that is mobile enough to defend all over the court, and can be played all over as a result.
Keyonte is a microwave with solid scoring tools, that needs to get stronger. His bb iq is pretty good, his finishing is decent, he has a pull up game etc. and if he is receptive to coaching he will be a legit first option or second option for us. He is not a good defender at all, clearly that was not our priority.
Brice is the proto DA type late first big body kid with tones of skill that fell due to his round mound build.
Look on the bright side we could have traded up for Black and got to draft his replacement next year in the top 10

lol adding that up by your math 2 F's and 1 C = F smh
Whitmore clearly has a serious issue to fall to 20. I would have gambled on him at 16 and I think this front office would have as well, if they knew what the hell the reaosn he was falling was. Maybe they did know,who ****ing knows.
But they also didn't go the direction a lot of people on here thought they would, trading up for Black or Jarace lol
They could have gotten a better shooting version of a higher upside defensive pg than Black right there at 16 in JHS , but not taking him clearly says to me that archetype was never high on the board at all.
They got the complimentary to the current fc prototypical forward ,to develop offensively, that is mobile enough to defend all over the court, and can be played all over as a result.
Keyonte is a microwave with solid scoring tools, that needs to get stronger. His bb iq is pretty good, his finishing is decent, he has a pull up game etc. and if he is receptive to coaching he will be a legit first option or second option for us. He is not a good defender at all, clearly that was not our priority.
Brice is the proto DA type late first big body kid with tones of skill that fell due to his round mound build.
Look on the bright side we could have traded up for Black and got to draft his replacement next year in the top 10
Those F’s were really low F’s. That C had no chance.

I don’t know if anyone ever heard this when he played, but Matt Harpring, his dad, some of his brothers, and a guy who lived down the street all played football. Craig Bolerjack may have mentioned it a time or two…

Maybe I'm wrong and this guy turns into Charles Barkley but my money is on him being the next Byron Houston

damn, if you're a highly touted draft prospect, make sure your coach likes you or you're screwed. hearing stuff saying that's why leonard miller dropped as well. i guess nba brass don't love hearing the guy who coached you and spent more time with you than any other say things like "yeah, he's selfish, arrogant, piece of ****"
I heard he interviewed poorly

Changing my grade to I (incomplete)

I think they ****ed up passing on Whitmore. Not sure how I can excuse doing that twice.

Cam has a shot to be a star. That’s most of my gripe with the Hendricks pick. I do like him though. He has great qualities as a prospect long athletic and might be an elite floor spacer as a big.

I think they ****ed up passing on Whitmore. Not sure how I can excuse doing that twice.
Why did we pass on him? If you know its a mistake then you surely must know the yellow flags.

Reports seem to read "entitled & poor work ethic" between the lines, and if its true thats a very toxic and contagious combination for a supposed future leader of your team.

I think some of us are being a bit critical of Utah's picks. Generally speaking, nearly everyone I'm seeing thought Utah had a fantastic draft.

I think there was enough Yellow Flags there that Utah was never going to draft him and I agree with it if the medicals and personality rumors were true.