What's new

Granger on the block!

This is the actual quote from the Marc Stein article:

The Pacers have generally resisted trade interest in Granger, including feelers from Denver earlier this season about Indiana's willingness to include Granger in multi-team Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios.

One source with knowledge of Indiana's thinking, however, said this week that the Pacers -- 6-11 and fading since their big November wins over the Heat and Lakers -- have not dismissed every recent proposal that includes Granger. Another source insisted to ESPN.com that the Pacers, while they'd naturally be seeking a lot in return, quietly listened to a few Granger pitches last season as well.

It seems far safer to suggest that the Pacers would make a move before the Feb. 24 trading deadline with one of their expiring contracts, such as Mike Dunleavy or T.J. Ford, but here's another way to put it: Roy Hibbert, despite his own December fade, has emerged as the more untouchable piece in Indiana's eyes than Granger, who is shooting just 41.6 percent from the field, going to the free-throw line just 5.1 times per game as he too often settles for jumpers ... and has three pricy years left on his contract after this season valued at $40 million.

It doesn't say he's on the block. It says the Pacers will listen to offers, but they would expect a lot in return.

Not really any different than what the Pacers party line has always been on Granger, in my opinion. I wouldn't get too excited.

They have problems, but I don't think they're dumb enough to start trading players instead of firing Jim O'Brien.

But obviously I would love Danny Granger on the Jazz.

This is the actual quote from the Marc Stein article:

It doesn't say he's on the block. It says the Pacers will listen to offers, but they would expect a lot in return.

Not really any different than what the Pacers party line has always been on Granger, in my opinion. I wouldn't get too excited.

They have problems, but I don't think they're dumb enough to start trading players instead of firing Jim O'Brien.

But obviously I would love Danny Granger on the Jazz.

I do still wonder how much they'd value Hayward as a player though.. I mean if they could get AK+Hayward for Granger+Someone else, I think they'd probably do the trade. Although I don't have any direct knowledge of Indiana's thought process.

I do still wonder how much they'd value Hayward as a player though.. I mean if they could get AK+Hayward for Granger+Someone else, I think they'd probably do the trade. Although I don't have any direct knowledge of Indiana's thought process.

I highly, highly doubt it. I don't even think they would have drafted Hayward if we hadn't.

I highly, highly doubt it. I don't even think they would have drafted Hayward if we hadn't.

I thought it was common knowledge that Larry Bird loved Hayward, so the reason we didn't trade down was to pick him at 9 because they wanted him at 10? Or am I completely off base here?

The best thinking of Pacers fans is that the Pacers wanted and had targeted Paul George. They had several trades on the table on draft night -- so if the Jazz had drafted Paul George, the Pacers likely would have traded down in the draft and picked up a point guard in a trade. Larry Bird speaks highly of Hayward, but not in a way that makes you think he covets him.

i dont know why a lot of people here want granger, he is a chucker. lets see.....his FG%/3PT%/scoring average has gone down each of the past 3 years, he cant average 6 boards a game, doesnt know how to finish strong around the rim, not good off the dribble, and is not a great defensive player.

let's take a look:

2008-09 FG- 44.7% 3PT- 40.4% PPG- 25.8
2009-10 FG- 42.8% 3PT- 36.1% PPG- 24.2
2010-11 FG- 41.6% 3PT- 35.9% PPG- 21.1

i dont know why a lot of people here want granger, he is a chucker. lets see.....his FG%/3PT%/scoring average has gone down each of the past 3 years, he cant average 6 boards a game, doesnt know how to finish strong around the rim, not good off the dribble, and is not a great defensive player.

let's take a look:

2008-09 FG- 44.7% 3PT- 40.4% PPG- 25.8
2009-10 FG- 42.8% 3PT- 36.1% PPG- 24.2
2010-11 FG- 41.6% 3PT- 35.9% PPG- 21.1

This...He isn't a system player..He is a great athlete. We need both.

He plays the way Indiana asks him to play. He takes a lot of shots because he's had no help. He shoots a low percentage because he takes a lot of three pointers because his coach's offense is largely oriented around taking three point shots. He is a good defender (not great, but capable of stepping up at times). He also gets played out of position a lot, as his coach usually asks him to play a lot of minutes at the power forward position. Less so this season, because the coach now has James Posey to play at power forward. (I know how ridiculous this sounds, but it's true.) He is good around the basket. For a small forward, he is a solid rebounder. Last week he had 17 rebounds against the Knicks.

If I had my choice of any small forward in the league to play for the Jazz, well -- I'd go with Durant or LeBron -- but then Granger. I think Granger would thrive in a structured offense, with a coaching staff that believes in a crisp offense (as opposed to a scrambling, baffling offense designed to chuck up three pointers with 16 seconds left on the shot clock.) I think he's smart, solid in every aspect of the game. He would contribute hugely to the Jazz. I'd trade Jefferson for him in a blinding flash.

Why couldn't Granger fit in here? He at least has a killer instinct, something our team now severely lacks.

Posters think that Indiana would trade Granger for someone on our team not named Deron Williams? I like Millsap, but the Pacers aren't trading their premier player for Paul. Like the article says, they might trade him for somebody like Carmelo, who's a superstar that also sells jerseys and fills arenas.

Guys, come on. We're not the Lakers and they're not the Grizz.

If we want Granger we are going to have to include Deron

I think Granger would work. Just about every team is doubling Deron to the point he is completely exhausted. Granger can take some pressure off him by creating on his own and also plays ok off the ball. Did I mention this guy is deadly from three point range? It would take Millsap + fillers to get him though.

Posters think that Indiana would trade Granger for someone on our team not named Deron Williams? I like Millsap, but the Pacers aren't trading their premier player for Paul. Like the article says, they might trade him for somebody like Carmelo, who's a superstar that also sells jerseys and fills arenas.

Guys, come on. We're not the Lakers and they're not the Grizz.

If we want Granger we are going to have to include Deron

nah I don't think we'll have to include Deron. I'd include Sap + whatever else it took though. I think any team would love a guy like Millsap, he has a decent contract and produces well enough. The problem with the Jazz (and a lot of teams this year) is we don't know what the collective bargaining agreement will look like next season and they don't want to take on too many long term deals.

It would take Millsap (or Jefferson if the Pacers are retarded), Hayward, and AK from the Jazz and I'd probably still do it (of course, Indy would have to include filler salary).

Take note, everyone. If the Jazz are trading their 2nd best player (Millsap), they'd better be getting another - at least - 2nd best player. The Pacers haven't had production out of the 4 since Jermaine O'neal was healthy and happy (yeah, that's a minute), so Millsap definitely would hold some appeal for them, especially since he's young and on a pretty cheap deal.

You guys are kidding right? First off, Milsap is cheap, tough, and fits the Jazz. Second, Granger is injury proned, chucker and overpaid.

Sure I'd trade the CJ, Bell and Hayward for Granger, and throw in AK just because he tires me. The way they are playing lately Granger and three Dleauge guys would out-perform those other 4. But I don't think Indy would go for it.

Millsap is a slightly rich man's Brandon Bass. Not a real difference maker unless he plays real hard, which he doesn't seem to be doing consistently.

Big Al was offered for him last year straight up, and the Pacers said no. So get that thought out of your heads right now.