What's new

Great Hayward Article from The Ringer

On sports radio in Boston, everyone is just assuming Hayward is coming to the Celtics. So annoying.

The paraphrasing of Gordon's agents quote about Charlotte is a stretch. Just a professional doing their job.

On sports radio in Boston, everyone is just assuming Hayward is coming to the Celtics. So annoying.

Boston fans in general are amongst the most annoying... I think they get a meeting but I think Hayward would be crazy to leave us with what we have going.

Just skim read that ****... was basically an article about how Gordon is probably leaving... "desperate billboard" the Hornets paraphrase is ummm awful. I hate Bill Simmons and some of the Ringer crap.

Bill put Stockton outside his top 7 pgs all time... even missed him initially in his "next 5". Most national guys are pretty fair... Bill is an ***.

Just skim read that ****... was basically an article about how Gordon is probably leaving... "desperate billboard" the Hornets paraphrase is ummm awful. I hate Bill Simmons and some of the Ringer crap.

Bill put Stockton outside his top 7 pgs all time... even missed him initially in his "next 5". Most national guys are pretty fair... Bill is an ***.

I didnt get that out of it.

Simmons voted Hayward 3rd team All-NBA and Gobert 1st team. He has some respect for the Jazz.

Since none of us are in Gordon's head, the Boston pitch seems strong.

Eastern conference = weak *** competition. More mainstream media coverage. Go further in the playoffs.

Coach Brad Stevens = College coach and probably in higher esteem than Quin as far as best young coach.

Future competitiveness = They have like 3 #1 picks in the next 5 years from Brooklyn.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Look I hope he stays be good for Utah and the league in general, I'm all for one club players, it creates icons and a bit of romance about the game. But who knows what will happen, sport most of the time is a business these days.

I didnt get that out of it.

Simmons voted Hayward 3rd team All-NBA and Gobert 1st team. He has some respect for the Jazz.

I think I did a bad job reading... was really only the two things I noted.

I still think the simmons Stockton omission was egregious... I just don't see how you can put CP3 and Nash ahead of what Stockton accomplished. Would have been a 2 time champ had he not run into the GOAT and set records that are likely never broken.

Since none of us are in Gordon's head, the Boston pitch seems strong.

Eastern conference = weak *** competition. More mainstream media coverage. Go further in the playoffs.

Coach Brad Stevens = College coach and probably in higher esteem than Quin as far as best young coach.

Future competitiveness = They have like 3 #1 picks in the next 5 years from Brooklyn.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

i will still root for him even if he leaves. I just think it would be short sighted. I also think the first round picks get zero value in his assessment. He's played with Dante Exum and Trey Lyles the last two years... guessing he doesn't have time to wait on another rookie.

I still think the simmons Stockton omission was egregious... I just don't see how you can put CP3 and Nash ahead of what Stockton accomplished. Would have been a 2 time champ had he not run into the GOAT and set records that are likely never broken.
He immediately tweeted that the Stockton omission was just a brain fart and he edited the article.

I honestly don't see him leaving. After helping build this team, as soon as they are starting to be a really good team/contender, he leaves? Just doesn't make sense to me.

I think if we had crapped out of the first round it would have been an even-money bet that Hayward would leave. But after winning the first round series and having a chance to make some noise against golden state I think that will entice him to stay.

Hayward isn't going anywhere.
$$$

This article literally had nothing to do with Stockton.

I think the jazz still have a lot of improvement. A healthy favors is better than any big the Celtics have after horford. Gobert is a beast, and a healthy George Hill is probably more impactful than IT, since he is 5'7".

Add all that together, as well as the fact that he is universally loved in a city where his team is top dog, and that's a pretty attractive offer, not to mention the jazz can offer more money.

All this is a moot point if he makes all NBA. He will be a jazz lifer if that happens.

Wait what? Im confused. Is there a different article that I am supposed to read?