What's new

Greg Monroe signs 10 day contract

Jazz need another backup center with Dok out
Had to sign someone
Sometimes Gobert and Whiteside may be out
Nah. It'll never happen.

In other news the Celts signed Juwan Morgan to a ten day. Watching the carnage of the last three quarters he and NWG, Oni, JWF and Brantley popped into my mind with the thought "these guys couldn't have been this bad."

In their press release, the Jazz said Monroe was a center/forward. I wonder if they might try and go with a big lineup when he is here.

Could you imagine Corbin still coaching this team? This is like his wet dream. Swear his playbook consisted of nothing but "Throw it to Al in the post" and nothing more.

We be day there’s going to be a movie made about a struggling journeyman who joins a once-promising team in a tailspin and becomes the unsung emotional impetus to their turn around and Cinderella championship story. That movie may be about Greg Monroe. It could very well be about someone else, but it could also be about Greg Monroe.

He looks washed AF.

Also crazy how thin the center talent in the G-League is. There just isnt anyone near NBA level available. Monroe might be the best available. I'd be calling Larry Sanders tbh.

He looks washed AF.

Also crazy how thin the center talent in the G-League is. There just isnt anyone near NBA level available. Monroe might be the best available. I'd be calling Larry Sanders tbh.
If the Jazz playbook is as complicated as everyone says, he did fine. I think he has played for four different teams so I would bet he is doing a lot of thinking.

Wow, Greg Monroe on the Jazz? I didn't know until I saw him play against the Clippers, and the typical pretenders utah fraudz choking again as usual. Nice signing though.

This probably means Forrest will make the playoff roster. I really hope Rudy and Whiteside can both stay healthy in the playoffs because we likely won't have a third center.

You must be wrong. If there's one thing I've heard a dozen times on this forum, it's that center is the most easily replaceable position in the NBA. Don't let mere observations distract you from this dictum.

You must be wrong. If there's one thing I've heard a dozen times on this forum, it's that center is the most easily replaceable position in the NBA. Don't let mere observations distract you from this dictum.
That's more in the off-season. Legit centers get lucrative contracts in Europe, which is what I was pointing out. They have no reason to be in the G-League, a league that pays like **** and isnt really good for big men style wise.

Backup center is the most easily replaceable position in the NBA... we got Whiteside on a minimum and he might be the best one we have had. Hartenstein, Drummond, Dedmon, Biyombo, etc. were all minimum guys or on the scrap heap... by time you get to 4th string center you likely had better uses of a roster spot or better options... like playing Gay or Hernangomez at the 5 instead of Monroe.

This probably means Forrest will make the playoff roster. I really hope Rudy and Whiteside can both stay healthy in the playoffs because we likely won't have a third center.

I'd rather play Gay at the 5... If Monroe was playing at the 5 you were likely cooked.