What's new

Guy on Yahoo pimping Jimmer

Getting a Jimmer is gonna help improve our tank as well as filling up the stadium. I can't fault it.

I could get behind it. I'm totally cool bringing in more BYU homers and their 9 children. Drive those ticket sales up, people!

He is probably the worst defender in the NBA. When he hits the floor opposing teams stop doing everything else and run plays through the guy Jimmer is defending

He is probably the worst defender in the NBA. When he hits the floor opposing teams stop doing everything else and run plays through the guy Jimmer is defending

Do you think John 5' 11" Lucas is better of a defender?

I think the main thing we're missing in all this Jimmer talk is that we don't know what Sac would even want for Jimmer.

I think it's a no-brainer to bring him in for this season, but I really think that the Kings would try and get too much for him. He's really not that expensive of a back up, so what incentive do the Kings have of trading him? I feel bad for the kid. He hasn't been as horrible as some have suggested. However, unless Jimmer really starts to kick and scream to get out of SacTown, he'll just play out (or bench out) this season.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think the main thing we're missing in all this Jimmer talk is that we don't know what Sac would even want for Jimmer.

I think it's a no-brainer to bring him in for this season, but I really think that the Kings would try and get too much for him. He's really not that expensive of a back up, so what incentive do the Kings have of trading him? I feel bad for the kid. He hasn't been as horrible as some have suggested. However, unless Jimmer really starts to kick and scream to get out of SacTown, he'll just play out (or bench out) this season.

I think the main thing you're missing is that Jimner ****ing sucks.

Are you related to the Done's by chance Matt?

£¥£

I think the main thing you're missing is that Jimner ****ing sucks.

Are you related to the Done's by chance Matt?

£¥£

That's a bit harsh, but that's what I'm getting at to some degree. I'm saying that Jimmer is a back up PG, nothing more.

When compared to JLIII, I'm saying that he may be a step up in offense, big step up in potential, but a big step down in defense.

Overall, too much of a headache for the minor talent swap.

.... and no to Done.

That's a bit harsh, but that's what I'm getting at to some degree. I'm saying that Jimmer is a back up PG, nothing more.

But he might be less. Isn't he sort of a poor-man's Eddie House, as in not a real PG but too short to plausibly be described as anything else?

the plan is to build "the spurs way"

so no way lindsay brings the circus in town even for 1 year

and jl3 is on the team for a reason, he's lindsay's guy in the locker room

So another BYU fan who happens to write for Yahoo wants Jimmer back in town. No one without BYU roots ever brings this up or thinks it makes sense.

But he might be less. Isn't he sort of a poor-man's Eddie House, as in not a real PG but too short to plausibly be described as anything else?

No one really knows cause he doesn't play as much as eddie house did.

What we do know is that his 3pt and free throw percentages are much better than jl3

I could get behind it. I'm totally cool bringing in more BYU homers and their 9 children. Drive those ticket sales up, people!

Is there anything worse than BYU fan? Lots of kids, but the cheap tickets/wait for free tickets, smuggle in PB&J, don't drink alcohol...

Cowherd said awhile back on his show that Fiesta Bowl officials told him that they would do everything they could to never invite BYU to the Fiesta Bowl because fans don't come early to the game and buy hotel rooms, they don't eat out at restaurants, they don't buy the good tickets and they don't buy concessions.

But if the Jazz did a free T-shirt with corporate logos all over it, BYU fans would snatch those up faster than you can say, "should we watch a movie or try for another bab...."

Is there anything worse than BYU fan? Lots of kids, but the cheap tickets/wait for free tickets, smuggle in PB&J, don't drink alcohol...

Cowherd said awhile back on his show that Fiesta Bowl officials told him that they would do everything they could to never invite BYU to the Fiesta Bowl because fans don't come early to the game and buy hotel rooms, they don't eat out at restaurants, they don't buy the good tickets and they don't buy concessions.

But if the Jazz did a free T-shirt with corporate logos all over it, BYU fans would snatch those up faster than you can say, "should we watch a movie or try for another bab...."

Not a Coug fan at all but they missed on this one. I know plenty of Cougies that lay down serious money both in giving to BYU and to watch their team. Hotels and restaurants are not the issue for the die hards - just the alcohol.

If the difference between having a team that will sell tickets, and a team that won't sell tickets is cheapskate BYU fans, I'll choose including them every time.