What's new

Happy 53rd to The Mailman

Aging sucks, but Chamberlain in his early 50s used to brag that he could "drop 30 on you right now" if he wanted to. Of course he had a very big mouth but from seeing videos of Olajuwon practicing against Howard, Lebron and Kobe in recent years I'm pretty sure that the Dream could - at least until a couple years ago - be a fourth big in a good team. Pippen seens also in great shape, although in his last season, way back in 2003-04, he couldn't either put the ball in the basket or really defend - due to aching knees, if I recall correctly. I wonder if the Mailman would be able to, at 53, play like, let's say, Jarron Collins at his prime.

That being said, it is too bad that the NBA doesn't have the Legends Game during at the All-Star weekend anymore - 1993 was the last year in which it was held. I would even settle for two mixed roster of retired legends, rookies and sophomores playing against one another. East versus West, 3 legends in each team. It would be fun seeing the Mailman bumping Jahlil Okafor, for instance, or Olajuwon posting Nerlens Noel up, or even Dennis Rodman trying to annoy Karl-Anthony Towns.

Some legends would struggle for sure, but most would be wise enough to not force the issue. Besides, if that was the case, the particular legend could play only a few minutes.

The legends would have to go through a sensible physical evaluation before taking part on a game of this kind, of course.

Last edited:
That being said, it is too bad that the NBA doesn't have the Legends Game during at the All-Star weekend anymore - 1993 was the last year in which it was held. I would even settle for two mixed roster of retired legends, rookies and sophomores playing against one another. East versus West, 3 legends in each team. It would be fun seeing the Mailman bumping Jahlil Okafor, for instance, or Olajuwon posting Nerlens Noel up, or even Dennis Rodman trying to annoy Karl-Anthony Towns.

I would definitely be a fan of that idea.