What's new

Harden Smacking Himself In the Face

Are you actually serious?! Josh Hart has his feet set and his position established before Harden goes up for the shot. There is no universe in which that could possibly be "Harden't space."
Have to look at it again, but you have to give the offensive player space to come down. If Harden jumped into Hart's space, then yes, it's Harden's foul. But the first reach in was definitely Hart's foul.

It looks like Hart has position before Harden jumps but it's very close and to know for sure I'd have to see it in slow motion. But Hart's feet are definitely under Harden when he comes down. Looks like Harden's upper body rams into Hart, so like I thought before, a good no-call.

Last edited:
You must be, and all of the posters here, Harden haters. Either I'm blind or he was first fouled on the reach in as he was dribbling. While Harden pushed off with his arm, it was AFTER he was fouled with the reach in by the defender. I watched it multiple times and enlarged my screen. On the second possible foul, it was close as there was contact. Was the defender in Harden's space when he shot, not allowing him to come down or was Harden getting into the defender's space. That I think probably should've been a no-call but there was definitely contact. So, in my opinion, Harden was fouled while dribbling before he took the shot.
I disagree, the guy didn't hit him on the reach in Harden pushed him away first, then jumped into him. They both look like fouls on Harden. And FWIW, this kind of flopping and acting is why he has so many haters. He fouled twice, and should have received a tech, but he's Harden and they never call **** on him.

Have to look at it again, but you have to give the offensive player space to come down. If Harden jumped into Hart's space, then yes, it's Harden's foul. But the first reach in was definitely Hart's foul.

It looks like Hart has position before Harden jumps but it's very close and to know for sure I'd have to see it in slow motion. But Hart's feet are definitely under Harden when he comes down. Looks like Harden's upper body rams into Hart, so like I thought before, a good no-call.
Not a good no call, It should be an offensive foul. He jumped onto and into another player who was set.

He still shot 12 fta for the game and got the win.

Averaging 13 fta per game this season. (Last season he averaged 11)

I disagree, the guy didn't hit him on the reach in Harden pushed him away first, then jumped into him. They both look like fouls on Harden. And FWIW, this kind of flopping and acting is why he has so many haters. He fouled twice, and should have received a tech, but he's Harden and they never call **** on him.

My eyes saw something different. Hart reached in and Harden pushed off with his forearm. Blow it up and watch in slow-mo. I didn't watch in slow-motion but blew it up. It happened very fast.

I just watched in 1/4 speed. Hart leans over Harden shoulder while Hart is moving and reaches in to try to slap the ball. It's a reach in foul. Watch it in slow motion.

Last edited:
If that's a foul, the NBA would be completely unwatchable and every player would foul out every game.
Did you watch it in slow-mo? He reached in over Harden's shoulder making contact while moving along with Harden. He had not established position but was running alongside Harden. That's a foul no question because it not only made contact but impeded Harden's movement. People can't be objective because they hate Harden. Yes, I hate the ticky-tacky fouls they call, like the ones against Conley when he was guarding CP3. But this was not ticky-tacky.

Only got fouled once. By the ball. But he fouled the ball first so he deserved it.
Whatever ... this is a good example of mob mentality. When people hate something, they can't be objective about it. I don't like the way Harden gets so many dumb calls, but you shouldn't let emotion distort your objectivity. Yes, the second one wasn't a foul against Harden and could've been a foul on him, though I think that was debatable. But the first one definitely was a foul by the defender.

Arguing about whether it was a foul or not missed the point. Harden got hit in the face by his own spike. That's funny stuff. Here's to more where that came from.

My eyes saw something different. Hart reached in and Harden pushed off with his forearm. Blow it up and watch in slow-mo. I didn't watch in slow-motion but blew it up. It happened very fast.

I just watched in 1/4 speed. Hart leans over Harden shoulder while Hart is moving and reaches in to try to slap the ball. It's a reach in foul. Watch it in slow motion.
I'm with the other guy. If they called that foul there would be 60 fouls per game on each team. That amount of contact happens on almost every possession.