What's new

Hardknocks

I'm stoked!!! There's so many good storylines here (Revis holding out, Mangold unhappy with his contract, Cromartie and his 26 kids arrival to the team, Mr. Hollywood Mark Sanchez, Santonio Holmes suspension and flair-ups, Braylon Edwards dropped passes, Shonn Greene taking over, LT being a backup, the emerging Dustin Keller, local stud rookie Kyle Wilson, other rookies making the team or being cut), that this honestly could be an hour and a half to two hours and I'd love it just as much.

I'm stoked!!! There's so many good storylines here (Revis holding out, Mangold unhappy with his contract, Cromartie and his 26 kids arrival to the team, Mr. Hollywood Mark Sanchez, Santonio Holmes suspension and flair-ups, Braylon Edwards dropped passes, Shonn Greene taking over, LT being a backup, the emerging Dustin Keller, local stud rookie Kyle Wilson, other rookies making the team or being cut), that this honestly could be an hour and a half to two hours and I'd love it just as much.

And you didn't even mention the star of the show: Rex Ryan. Well, Rex Ryan and some undrafted scrubs trying to make the team.

August is a reason I love my DVR: Hard Knocks and The WSOP starting on ESPN.

By the way, I highly recommend T.O.'s show (the third or fourth episode of the year is this Sunday I think and you could probably on demand the rest) on VH1 and to a lesser degree, Ocho Cinco's show.

T.O.'s show had a killer clip on the Soup last week involving him leading his girlfriend on to think he was going to ask her to move in ... and then proposing that he adopt a puppy.

Her face was fantastic.

Sorry I know this is prolly over done and stale but I can't help to think of this when I think of this show since it is NYC (wonder of Jay Z is a Jet fan)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxtn6-XQupM

Haha just found a remix of this song and it has Jay Z in a Jet jersey so guess I'm easily amused.

T.O.'s show had a killer clip on the Soup last week involving him leading his girlfriend on to think he was going to ask her to move in ... and then proposing that he adopt a puppy.

Her face was fantastic.

That was great. Honestly, she's an immature female dog and he needs to move on. He's a very bright guy with a big heart and he could do better--I say all this as an Eagles fan who was furious with him when he was in Philly. His cheating hasn't helped his cause though I suppose.

The Jets hold their camp at SUNY Cortland. I amassed three drunken years at this stellar university when it was ranked near the top 10 in the Playboy party schools in the early 80's.

I look forward to a walk down memory lane.

Very good episode. Too much Rex though imo. I think he's hilarious and he's the star as you said YB but the show loses its substance when he's hamming it up too much.

Very good episode. Too much Rex though imo. I think he's hilarious and he's the star as you said YB but the show loses its substance when he's hamming it up too much.

I'm sure he'll be a big part of each episode, but they focus on different guys each episode... I don't think Nick Mangold got one second of face time last night, but I guarantee he's a major part of an upcoming episode.

Excited to see next week when they feature Vernon Gholston.. Dude is built like a brick sh*t-house and was drafted in the top 10 a year or so ago. Put up or shut up time for him as he's been non-existent up to this point in his career. I'm also excited to see if they feature Donovan Warren, an undrafted corner out of Michigan. I believe they moved him to safety, but he was a stud in college lost on a crap team. With Revis potentially out all year holding out, Warren could be a name Jets fans start to hear a lot.

I'm sure he'll be a big part of each episode, but they focus on different guys each episode... I don't think Nick Mangold got one second of face time last night, but I guarantee he's a major part of an upcoming episode.

Excited to see next week when they feature Vernon Gholston.. Dude is built like a brick sh*t-house and was drafted in the top 10 a year or so ago. Put up or shut up time for him as he's been non-existent up to this point in his career. I'm also excited to see if they feature Donovan Warren, an undrafted corner out of Michigan. I believe they moved him to safety, but he was a stud in college lost on a crap team. With Revis potentially out all year holding out, Warren could be a name Jets fans start to hear a lot.

Mangold was on it, wasn't he? I thought he was the long haired guy who met Namath and then was in the bar, or am I wrong?

As for Gholston, I'm interested to see him and hear what is said about him. He's a guy the Rams were thinking about drafting but went with Chris Long instead, thankfully.

I prefer it when they're tastefully done, not too large … oh wait, I thought this was the hard knockers thread.

Mangold was on it, wasn't he? I thought he was the long haired guy who met Namath and then was in the bar, or am I wrong?

As for Gholston, I'm interested to see him and hear what is said about him. He's a guy the Rams were thinking about drafting but went with Chris Long instead, thankfully.

Yes, that was Mangold YB, you're correct.

Is Long still in the league?

Namath is a freakin' crack-pot. The only decent thing about his appearance was that his **** of a niece tagged along though when she complained about the rain I almost threw up.

FYI, their director of player personnel, Brandon Prophett, who they showed cutting someone at the end of the episode went to my college, The College of New Jersey. I was in a summer class with him and he was very nice. He was a starting WR on our team (we were a very good DIII team), and if I remember correctly he signed with a league in Europe but then broke his leg and never went over there. Hence, why he mentioned those connections he had at the end. Anyway, I just thought it was neat.

Yes, that was Mangold YB, you're correct.

Is Long still in the league?

Namath is a freakin' crack-pot. The only decent thing about his appearance was that his **** of a niece tagged along though when she complained about the rain I almost threw up.

Yeah, Long is still in the league and came on last season, not that anyone other than a ****ing massochist would watch the Rams long enough to know. He's starting to live up to his name and draft status.

I thought that was Namath's daughter. His outfit was awesome. Nothing like a 68 year old guy with a popped collar. Joe made Steven Tyler look masculine. But he knows why Sanchez fumbles too much.

LOL. His rambling about QB's fumbling too much because of their technique was priceless.

FYI, add the Rams to my lock to go under 5 wins. No ****ing way they get six wins with that team, having to play in a division where every other team is much better, yes, even the Seahawks imo.

LOL. His rambling about QB's fumbling too much because of their technique was priceless.

FYI, add the Rams to my lock to go under 5 wins. No ****ing way they get six wins with that team, having to play in a division where every other team is much better, yes, even the Seahawks imo.

I was going to bet the over, but the moneyline was -140. The bettors disagree with you. I think they go 6-10 this year. Their defense is not as bad as many think (they get put in awful spots), their o-line is coming on, and I think Jackson has 2 more good years left. If they can find anything resembling a passing game, 5 wins shouldn't be out of the question.