What's new

Hardy’s 4-guard lineups explained

Ochai has a 6'10 wingspan, 8'8 standing reach, and weighs 218 lbs (per the combine measurements from last year).

I think it's a bit disingenuous to refer to him as a guard when effectively he is more of a forward as that fits more of his playstyle and he physically qualifies.

Ochai has a 6'10 wingspan, 8'8 standing reach, and weighs 218 lbs (per the combine measurements from last year).

I think it's a bit disingenuous to refer to him as a guard when effectively he is more of a forward as that fits more of his playstyle and he physically qualifies.

Eh, who really cares about labels but those measurements would be small for the average "SF"...I think what's more important though is that he was an extremely low stocks+rebounds guy last season, like one of the lowest in the NBA. That can change, but I wouldn't necessarily call him the most physical player....yet.

Ochai and Kris Dunn are two of the Jazz's best wing defenders. It's their ability to press up and get out in transition that defines that lineup, as much or more than the fact that they can play as guards.

Eh, who really cares about labels but those measurements would be small for the average "SF"...I think what's more important though is that he was an extremely low stocks+rebounds guy last season, like one of the lowest in the NBA. That can change, but I wouldn't necessarily call him the most physical player....yet.
Those are way better than average for SFs. He's nearly the same vertical/horizontal reach length of John Collins