What's new

Hardy, "That was an absolutely horrendous performance from start to finish..."

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
Next line was, "Um, that was a masterpiece of dog ****." Censors didn't clean it up at all. "I really don't know how to describe that game."

Next line was, "Um, that was a masterpiece of dog ****." Censors didn't clean it up at all. "I really don't know how to describe that game."
We don't know either.

Hardy described it perfectly. To be fair, Doncic was white hot from the beginning and we just don't have the talent to compete when he's going and involving the supporting cast around him.

I guess it's expected to lose big when you're a bottom dweller and the main dude and another 2 central dudes are out.
That said, it was about as ugly as you can get.

Hardy has got to prove something. He’s no longer in the honeymoon phase.
I'm still a believer but he may have to chill calling the team out constantly and realize this is now the job he originally signed up for and it won't mean a lot of winning.

I can't picture Sloan putting up with lousy play in games like this fairly regularly. Hardy can blame himself for Lauri's injury when he got pi$$ed at the regulars and left them in at Portland and then ran a hard practice the next day. KO's and JCs injuries are part of hooping. Let's give the two ways and the draft picks big league time. What is the worst that could happen lose by 50?

I'm still a believer but he may have to chill calling the team out constantly and realize this is now the job he originally signed up for and it won't mean a lot of winning.
I see it as a throwback to Sloan. He wasn't shy about calling the team out even when they won.

Hardy has got to prove something. He’s no longer in the honeymoon phase.
I think he is a mediocre coach similar to Tyrone Corbin. I don't trust his player development abilities and he makes plenty of head scratching rotation decisions. We likely screwed up when it came to choosing Hardy over Alex Jensen who we always heard was a key player development guy and may be one of the reasons that we are seeing Walker struggle this year. My understanding was that Jensen was Walker's primary coach last year and obviously we saw a lot of good things from him.

I see it as a throwback to Sloan. He wasn't shy about calling the team out even when they won.
I love Sloan… not sure his style would work today. Ime is a hardass too so maybe it would work.

I think he is a mediocre coach similar to Tyrone Corbin. I don't trust his player development abilities and he makes plenty of head scratching rotation decisions. We likely screwed up when it came to choosing Hardy over Alex Jensen who we always heard was a key player development guy and may be one of the reasons that we are seeing Walker struggle this year. My understanding was that Jensen was Walker's primary coach last year and obviously we saw a lot of good things from him.
Alex Jensen was my pick as well. In the Rick Majerus’ book he lists Jensen as his favorite player ever because of his work ethic.

Hardy is not what he thinks he is. When you are a young coach and losing this bad and everyone looks worse than last year ,they are going to tune anything he says out. That looks to be the case, he is yelling but on deaf ears.