What's new

have gobert guard aldridge

Utah at Portland, 8 pm mtn.

Potland is 8-1 at home.

Jazz are 1-9 on the road.

Game thread, Sticky this.

Aldridge leading potland with 23.5 ppt and 9.7 RPG.

Portland (16-3) knows that when its star forward dominates, things can open up offensively for others. The Trail Blazers shoot 41.0 percent from 3-point range, third-best in the NBA, and are among the league leaders at 105.0 points per game.

It doesn't appear the Jazz (4-16) have the offensive punch to keep up with Portland. Utah is scoring a West-low 91.2 points per game, including a league-worst 88.7 in road contests.

This game is full of great story lines and match ups.

Hayward vs Mathews. Hayward drafted and Mathews went away...two chuckers, but one is leading the league in effective fg%, while the other is kicking himself for not signing an extension.

Trey vs Lilliard, ROY vs ROY hopeful. Lilliard is 2.5 years older and 3 inches taller than Trey. Lilliard never played less than 3o minutes in a game during his rookie season. Trey has only played 30+ minutes in 4 games--the jazz are 3-1 in those games.

Portland has had the same starting line up for all 19 games. Utah has had 5 different starting lineups.

This game is full of great story lines and match ups.

Hayward vs Mathews. Hayward drafted and Mathews went away...two chuckers, but one is leading the league in effective fg%, while the other is kicking himself for not signing an extension.

Trey vs Lilliard, ROY vs ROY hopeful. Lilliard is 2.5 years older and 3 inches taller than Trey. Lilliard never played less than 3o minutes in a game during his rookie season. Trey has only played 30+ minutes in 4 games--the jazz are 3-1 in those games.

Portland has had the same starting line up for all 19 games. Utah has had 5 different starting lineups.

I would like to give Rudy a shot at it. I am more worried about the Blazers lighting us up from the three point line. I have this game as a loss. I just hope Wes doesn't destroy us because it will just bring up the pain of him leaving. Jazz are going to need a good start to keep the crowd out of this. I would take a moral victory of 10 pts. It might get ugly fast though. Jazz need to make Aldridge play defense. Hopefully Burke can get to the paint and setup our bigs.