What's new

Hawes Trade- For Refernce

I am speechless.
I knew you were not bright,this is just too low even for you!

I guess after watching Blatche dominate Kanter off of simple cuts to the basket just make me not impressed with his "defense".

Jazz have won 1 game when Kanter starts. Sixers have won more when Hawes starts.

I guess after watching Blatche dominate Kanter off of simple cuts to the basket just make me not impressed with his "defense".

Jazz have won 1 game when Kanter starts. Sixers have won more when Hawes starts.
Plus Hawes knows how to play basketball. It's amazing to me how frequently Enes gets in someone's way on offense or is slow to rotate/misses an assignment on D.

Hawes simply has better BBIQ than Kanter. It really isn't close, either. Hopefully Kanter improves in this year.

I have been watching Hawes like for years.
He still is not half the player he can easily be, at least that is my impression having watched him as a collegiate freshman.
He has great mobility despite his lankier-back-then frame.
Still, Kanter is the way better player in my not-so-biased and not-so-humble-at-all opinion.
(better range, good fundamentals, esprit de combat, good physique, younger)
Just allow him to play in a meaningful bball setting, which Jazz are certainly not.

I have been watching Hawes like for years.
He still is not half the player he can easily be, at least that is my impression having watched him as a collegiate freshman.
He has great mobility despite his lankier-back-then frame.
Still, Kanter is the way better player in my not-so-biased and not-so-humble-at-all opinion.
(better range, good fundamentals, esprit de combat, good physique, younger)
Just allow him to play in a meaningful bball setting, which Jazz are certainly not.

Kanter homers are the worst on the board.

Kanter is great offensively (when it comes to getting points for himself), but holy crap if y'all can't see how bad he is at team defense (you can;t play his utter lack of competence on Corbin).

Kanter homers are the worst on the board.

Kanter is great offensively (when it comes to getting points for himself), but holy crap if y'all can't see how bad he is at team defense (you can;t play his utter lack of competence on Corbin).
just who the **** do you think you are to call me a homer?
You just go and take photos from those matches that you (used to at least) go to with your daddy!
I think you are that overweight conehead.
( I liked those pics BTW)
But you are just getting too annoying and stupid even to tolerate with your fixed idea!

just who the **** do you think you are to call me a homer?
You just go and take photos from those matches that you (used to at least) go to with your daddy!
I think you are that overweight conehead.
( I liked those pics BTW)
But you are just getting too annoying and stupid even to tolerate with your fixed idea!

What?

Good post though. 10/10 in the laughter department.

I would also take Kanter over hawes any day of the week. Kanter's physical gifts are in a different league than Hawes. Enes also has greater range. I find Hawes to be a better passer and knows defensive floor spacing better. Although you would expect that from him since he's been in the league for five more years.
Kanter is a project and like most bigs that get drafted won't live up to his potential until around his fifth year. I doubt he will ever be a "good" defender but finding a legit 5 (size wise) who can give you 15 and 10 is very hard to come by. Don't give up on him yet. Also Kanter is coming off his first real injury. Coming back from being seriously hurt is also a learning process.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Evan went for a 2nd round pick? WTF!!! If I knew the Jazz would have been this mediocre bad...

Biedrins, Jefferson and Rush went for TWO 1st's and TWO 2nd's? WTF!!! Why didn't every team make this kind of deal? How can you trade for trash and still get those kind of assets?

Hawes is soft, but I would gladly give up a 2nd round pick or two for him.

He's an UFA at the end of the year. Jazz can try to acquire him for 2015 by offering a contract. But would he even WANT to sign, knowing Favors is the starter?

So why would the Jazz have given up the #36 pick for him to play 28 games?

1. Jazz give up a decent asset for an UNRESTRICTED FA.
2. Decrease time for Favors, Kanter and Gobert
3. At worst, hurt the tank. At best, no difference (if he plays like Kanter).

Evans at least is a RFA so trading a pick would have made sense - IF the Jazz thought he'd be decent fit. And the Jazz could have traded back contracts to Philaeplhia so they could reach the salary floor (which was the purpose of the uneven trade amounts). But again, he's struggled with his shooting % his entire career, dipping to 29% from 3-PT range this season. Jazz likely had no interest in him for next season, he would have cost a pick and hurt the tank (better player than Jefferson).