What's new

Hawks fan as you guys all know: What do you want to know about John Collins

I'm not sure about Gay's lockerroom presence but it WAS reported our lockerroom was the worst it ever was 2 years ago.

@NBASupes , one of the current worries we have a Jazz fans is the seeming lack of ball movers on the team. It's good to hear that Collins has great movement skills, but what would you say about his ability to be a positive for ball movement.

@NBASupes , one of the current worries we have a Jazz fans is the seeming lack of ball movers on the team. It's good to hear that Collins has great movement skills, but what would you say about his ability to be a positive for ball movement.
The last I watched, it was with Conley and it was a lot of player movement plus ball movement before he was traded.

He's not much of a ball movement guy. He doesn't have tunnel vision but he does have limited passing vision. He's just not a playmaker and that's fine, he's a finisher.

The Hawks fans who say that are usually the idiot JC stans who are trying to cop pleas when people like me said that contract was horrendous for JC's prototype. They tried to say, well he's a good player but with his prototype, even if you are a good player, he's too easy to expose like Julius Randle. Not worth it. AT ALL. I wanted him traded before we gave him the 2nd contract.

His catch radius is still elite and his shooting percentages in all other areas was basically the same. What hurt his 3pt percentage was lack of touches. He just wasn't getting quality touches anymore. When we lost Kevin, we lost spacing and since it became harder for Trae to get off, he spammed the 1/5 PnR with Clint even more because Clint is a very good screener. JC is a flare/slip-the-screen guy. So JC became Dre Hunter 2.0 and just touched the ball to end possessions and if you know JC, that's not his game. He needs rhythm which he had in previous years but not last year. I actually thought the shot wasn't looking bad, especially at the end of the season. He just wasn't in rhythm. He even mentioned it in a presser which I laughed about because I told Hawk fans his struggles was touches based, not the finger.

The finger was an issue as well as the knee last year against Miami but not this year. He was healthy for the most part. More so than most of our team.

This sounds quite much like what Lauri had to go through with Jim Boylen in da Bulls. His touches also went down so much it hurt his rhythm and many things were off bc of that. Lauri is also a good flare/slip-the-screen guy... Sounds like the fact we got Collins too and our coach is great.. Teams will have big issues defending both of them with this kind of actions. We have two of them now.

1. How did he do playing next to a mostly defensive center such as Capela? Jazz obviously have Kessler. I heard some Hawk fans say they thought JC would play better next to a more offensive type center.

2. How do you see him meshing with Lauri?