What's new

Hayward, Favors, Gobert, Booker

jjscap

These four guys in order seem to the best performers of the Utah Jazz. These numbers are "Wins Produced", a similar metric to PER. (info)

VyHN5p4.png

Sample size is limited but this is still important because the variance is significant, I mean there is huge disparity between some players. Though keep in mind Kanter is rising recently, will soon be a + guy but still far away from the top dogs.

WP48 still has Hayward at #1, but Gobert marginally passes Favors to take 2nd place.

These four guys in order seem to the best performers of the Utah Jazz. These numbers are "Wins Produced", a similar metric to PER. (info)

VyHN5p4.png

Sample size is limited but this is still important because the variance is significant, I mean there is huge disparity between some players. Though keep in mind Kanter is rising recently, will soon be a + guy but still far away from the top dogs.

WP48 still has Hayward at #1, but Gobert marginally passes Favors to take 2nd place.
Lol @ trey

The sample size is too small to make comments about. So Clark is ahead of both of the PGs in the team? Hood sucks? Ingles is favorite fan guy right now? All these stats will be changing and changing.

The sample size is too small to make comments about. So Clark is ahead of both of the PGs in the team? Hood sucks? Ingles is favorite fan guy right now? All these stats will be changing and changing.

I disagree. Yes, obviously it is too early in the season to make long term judgements, but this clearly tells you who have been contributing to wins in this early part of the season. No surprises really other than maybe Gobert being that highly ranked. It confirms what we have been saying here, Burke and Kanter are the weak links.

I would not be surprised if Clark could outplay Burke and Exum right now.

I disagree. Yes, obviously it is too early in the season to make long term judgements, but this clearly tells you who have been contributing to wins in this early part of the season. No surprises really other than maybe Gobert being that highly ranked. It confirms what we have been saying here, Burke and Kanter are the weak links.

Dennis Lindsey should see this graoh. I think it bodes well for the future since I'm pretty certain - unless Kanter improves a ton over the next 73 games - that Enes won't be offered a contract. As for Burke, he's still pretty cheap. Probably keep him around unless a deal arises for a quality veteran who could come in and start immediately and then turn the reins over to Dante when Exum is ready.

VyHN5p4.png

Makes sense.

I think our future are these players

Favors
Hayward
Gobert
Exum

With

Hood, Booker, and Burks on the bubble.

I can't see the rest of those players here in 5 years

I'm still a fan of playing Hayward at SG, unless there's a match-up problem (e.g., Harden). I think his size and physicality are an advantage there, and he can play as part of a 2-guard front. Exum and Hayward would give us size and versatility in the backcourt and could become one of the better combinations in the league. Then we can play a real 3/D player at the SF, then bring Burks off the bench and swing Hayward to SF in the 2nd unit, where he can be a more prominent initiator.

Makes sense.

I think our future are these players

Favors
Hayward
Gobert
Exum

With

Hood, Booker, and Burks on the bubble.

I can't see the rest of those players here in 5 years

Dawg, not sure if you missed the news but Burks signed a long-term deal. I think he is officially a part of the future, for better or worse.

Burks signed a long-term deal, but he could potentially be regarded as an asset to trade. DL seems to really like him though.

Dawg, not sure if you missed the news but Burks signed a long-term deal. I think he is officially a part of the future, for better or worse.

I know. I said 5 years. Maybe I should have said 6.

I've always been a big fan of Burks, and have thought the potential is there, but Im starting to doubt it now. I have a little buyers remorse with him now. I'm not sure he was worth that contract. His game still has a lot of flaws.

I'm not gonna give up on him yet though. That's why I put him on the bubble.

No offense to OP.. but not only is the sample size too small (no offense, kkk), but it's so small that the thread is dumb. Again, no offense.

No offense to OP.. but not only is the sample size too small (no offense, kkk), but it's so small that the thread is dumb.

Says the statistics guru who told in an earlier post he did not know what std-dev is.
Willing to bet top guys will change after 82 games?

I'm still a fan of playing Hayward at SG, unless there's a match-up problem (e.g., Harden). I think his size and physicality are an advantage there, and he can play as part of a 2-guard front. Exum and Hayward would give us size and versatility in the backcourt and could become one of the better combinations in the league. Then we can play a real 3/D player at the SF, then bring Burks off the bench and swing Hayward to SF in the 2nd unit, where he can be a more prominent initiator.
I miss Hayward at the 2. I'd like to see DL make a run at PJ3 in the offseason to add more length to the starting line up.