What's new

Hayward Included in Hollinger's All Break Out Team

Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz

Once the Jazz cut the crap with starting Raja Bell and Josh Howard and actually put their best players on the floor, Hayward emerged as one of the league's top young wing players. He averaged 16.1 points on 50.7 percent shooting in April, helping Utah's surprise playoff run, and, more encouragingly, he shot 42.2 percent on 3s after the All-Star break.I'd like him even more if he could play at small forward full-time, as his ball skills are stretched as a shooting guard, but regardless the 22-year-old Hayward needs only more aggression and a bit more experience to start averaging in the mid-high teens for scoring. Between Hayward and second-year pro Alec Burks, this is one the league's most promising wing situations.

(While we're on the subject of Utah, Derrick Favors is a beast, but I left him off the team because it's not clear to me how much he'll play with Paul Millsap and Al Jefferson in front of him and Enes Kanter looking like one of the league's most improved players during the preseason. I do expect Utah to make a trade at some point to clear up the frontcourt logjam, but if it's not until February it won't help Favors' averages much.)

If your an ESPN insider, here is the Link

https://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/PERDiem-121031/john-hollinger-all-breakout-team-2012-13

Isn't Carlos Boozer always on the All Break Out team? Guy definitely needs a case of Clearasil each season.

kevin-durant-acne.jpg