What's new

Hayward our best scorer since Karl Malone?

jope

Maybe this is old news to some, but i just realized that hayward is scoring more ppg this season than any one has from this franchise since karl malone 15 years ago. What a dynamic 2-way player he has become..

Can we get a countdown thread, similar to Gobert's, for Hayward eventually being the scoringist Jazzman?

I posted the highlights of an article Marc Stein did about the all-star reserves in the all-star thread. I'm fairly certain that is where you got this from.

The same has to be said for Hayward, who appears poised for his maiden All-Star nod from West coaches as a reward for his offensive consistency in the face of Utah's numerous injuries. This is the sixth straight season that Hayward has increased his scoring average, nudging him to a level (22.1 PPG) that makes him the most prolific scorer seen in Salt Lake City since Karl Malone.

Anyways, it is interesting and I would have to say I agree with Stein.

Boozer at 21.1
D-Will at 19.4
Big Al at 19.2
Okur at 18
Millsap at 17.3

Those are the best scoring seasons for the top-5 scorers we've had post Malone and pre Hayward.

Can we get a countdown thread, similar to Gobert's, for Hayward eventually being the scoringist Jazzman?
For the Hayward to catch Malone on the scoring list, he'd have to play the next 12 seasons without missing a single game and average 29.8 ppg over that span. Totally doable...please start this thread ASAP.

For the Hayward to catch Malone on the scoring list, he'd have to play the next 12 seasons without missing a single game and average 29.8 ppg over that span. Totally doable...please start this thread ASAP.

Thanks for your concern. I was worried if we didn't start the thread soon we may miss out and not properly savor it when the moment comes.

How many seasons would he have to play if he averaged 45ppg? I bet it would be less.

How many seasons would he have to play if he averaged 45ppg? I bet it would be less.

Or he can average 10 ppg over the next 36 years. Who knows what the future brings. Maybe stem cell therapy or some ****. :p

Best hair of all-time? Slow start, but let's assume he keeps this up.

Or he can average 10 ppg over the next 36 years. Who knows what the future brings. Maybe stem cell therapy or some ****. :p

Good thing about it: the NBA's anti doping program won't spot it as long as he doesn't try weed.

Thanks for your concern. I was worried if we didn't start the thread soon we may miss out and not properly savor it when the moment comes.
When that special moment happens, I propose we celebrate this historic accomplishment in grand style...I pledge to rent out the entire Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas and invite every Jazzfanz poster for a week on me. Airfare, Food/Alcohol, and Gambling money will be provided. Should be lots of fun.

When that special moment happens, I propose we celebrate this historic accomplishment in grand style...I pledge to rent out the entire Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas and invite every Jazzfanz poster for a week on me. Airfare, Food/Alcohol, and Gambling money will be provided. Should be lots of fun.
Can you make the fountain show look like Hayward? Maybe some montages of him dunking and/or playing starcraft?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Can you make the fountain show look like Hayward? Maybe some montages of him dunking and/or playing starcraft?
I'll see what I can do. It will be difficult...but I know they can make the fountains replicate Haywards hair for sure.

You know those totals include playoff games too.

No hookers and blow? I'm out.