What's new

Hayward starting in place of AK tonite!

I did't think Hayword sucked. First of all he played decently even though he made some mistakes. Iggy was how fire no matter who guarded him. Yes there were a couple of times he got "owned" but pretty much anyone on the Jazz team gets owned on a nightly basis.

The thing that stuck out was he didn't back down and forced Iggy to make some tough shots. He played with energy and ran the offense. The thing he still needs to do is relax and be more assertive on the offense. He also got a few rookie calls against him but didn't sulk. I would like him to shot more when he has an open look in the offense. Just be more assertive offensively. That will come with experience and with some more confidence. I rather develop Hayward than give Raja too many minutes which he hasn't earned.

I'll say this about Hayward ... he did try, he did give the effort. In fact, probably too hard, and the harder he tried, the more he pressed, the more mistakes he made. That's why Jerry should've taken him out, because he started stumbling over his own feet, it got so bad. And he had several opportunities to take outside shots but he hesitated because of his lack of confidence. This, to me, was one of his worst outings and Philly was just abusing him, whoever he was guarding.

Shad called it - 4 points. Kirilenko had a decent game, but really needs to stop taking threes.

Hayward despite some of the negative things posted in here still did better then Bell, which is the person he should be replacing in the starting line up.

Hayward will only get better -- and has skillsets far better suited to Sloan's offense -- whereas Kirilenko...why even bother? He doesn't.

Hayward was a smart move, long-term. His ability to be a secondary playmaker and scorer in the backcourt could remake this team into a real contender.

The problem is one where Utah may not have much time, or may have made moves concurrent with Hayward that vitiated his future-worth.

I was reading or listening yesterday that Sloan is unsure at this point. Seems like the staff doesn't even have time to tell players what's going on before the media pesters them to know the next move.

The problem with him starting against the Lakers is if he starts at the two he is guarding Kobe and if at the 3 he is guarding Artest who is way to strong for him right now. So hopefully AK back in the starting lineup tonight.

Hayward will get burn tonight if he starts...He'll get either burned by Kobe or burned by Artest. Scratch that...torched.

Hayward will get burn tonight if he starts...He'll get either burned by Kobe or burned by Artest. Scratch that...torched.

ROFL.

What you did there, I see it.