What's new

Hayward to Boston

Hayward is gone today because DL tried to get cute and let Hayward go find his own deal. That's a fact.

DL screwed up. His drafting sucks (and KOC as an extension).

If we drafted better, he's still here. If we made better trades, he's still here. If we signed him to a max deal, he's still here.

This is on DL, not Hayward.

Did you want to max him at that time?

Did you want to max him at that time?

I don't remember. Someone should dig up my posts. I know I wasn't 100% for it, but I don't remember when push came to shove if I was happy with the deal or not. Also, I am not a GM.

Lindsey's problem is he tries to outsmart everyone and gets burned over and over again.

[TWEET]882413420686917632[/TWEET]
https://twitter.com/mbodmer/status/882413420686917632

165738_1322688.jpg

I think most don't care that he left, more the way he went about it.

#awkward
#coward

Wouldn't even come into town to face us.

But why should we expect anything less from him. He has turned away from every adversity and confrontation he ever faced.

The only exception was him wrestling away a loose ball from Chris Paul, and the fans reaction was so overwhelming because it was the first time in 7-years they ever saw Hayward fight.

Are you that stupid? Look at the before and after pictures of Hayward.

He busted his *** for the Jazz.

Just because he is not emotional on the court like an ******* does not mean he is not hungry.

EVERY teammate knows how competitive he is.

I do not understand the hate for Hayward...

It is called lack of loyalty. There is no conceivable reason why he pick Boston over Utah basketball wise except that he can have an easier chance to make the Finals. It wasn't a family decision unless Robyn is from the east coast. Is she? I heard she doesn't like the cold then Boston was the choice.

Hayward cares more about being noticed and making all-star games because the Celtics don't have any better of a chance than the Jazz did. The Jazz did everything to keep him but give him a MAX deal before he earned it. Boo hoo. Again if he or his wife didn't like UTah and then he should have just been like Paul George and say he wasn't re-signing and the Jazz could have dealt him away and got something.

So fans are mad because he showed little gratitude for the franchise who gave him an opportunity and have bent over backwards to appease him. Overpaid for his friend and went and got the PG he said he wanted to play with. Made him the go to guy and focus of the offense. So are you still surprised?

Just pathetic. No reason for him to go. For what? Are you seriously telling me Boston is a better situation than he had here?
Lost a lot of respect for Hayward today... Especially how this was handled. Good luck being a coward in Boston. No heart, no loyalty, no drive. Taking the easy way out. He'll never win the finals in Boston. No team in the east will be able to beat the west for years to come. Oh, and BTW, have fun trying to score with the black hole that is IT.

Patterson just signed a totally reasonable deal... I'll bet if we had retained Hayward he'd have been ours.

Has anyone here pointed out that Hayward's letter never mentioned a single Jazz player besides Jeremy Evans?

It is called lack of loyalty. There is no conceivable reason why he pick Boston over Utah basketball wise except that he can have an easier chance to make the Finals. It wasn't a family decision unless Robyn is from the east coast. Is she? I heard she doesn't like the cold then Boston was the choice.

Hayward cares more about being noticed and making all-star games because the Celtics don't have any better of a chance than the Jazz did. The Jazz did everything to keep him but give him a MAX deal before he earned it. Boo hoo. Again if he or his wife didn't like UTah and then he should have just been like Paul George and say he wasn't re-signing and the Jazz could have dealt him away and got something.

So fans are mad because he showed little gratitude for the franchise who gave him an opportunity and have bent over backwards to appease him. Overpaid for his friend and went and got the PG he said he wanted to play with. Made him the go to guy and focus of the offense. So are you still surprised?

Lack of loyalty? Who told him to go get an offer?

Who never traded for a key piece?

Who drafted poorly?

What team was consistently at the bottom of the NBA in payroll?

Loyalty was thrown out the window when DL sent Hayward looking for a deal.

If Utah was "loyal" Hayward would be under contract for another year.

Yup. And Hayward will be in the Eastern Conference Finals and maybe NBA Finals.

Yeah right. Hayward isn't going to win anything. Boston was lucky last year. Have you heard of Lebron? When Isaiah Thomas goes down next, who will carry them? We know it's not going to be Hayward.

Has anyone here pointed out that Hayward's letter never mentioned a single Jazz player besides Jeremy Evans?

Did Hayward even have friends on this current team beside the forced relationship with Jingles because they both had kids?