What's new

Hayward to Boston

So he REALLY was just waiting to finish that abortion of an article!

I will watch Boston carefully in hopes he fails miserably.

Worst of luck in Boston!

My sentiments exactly.

**** you, Hayward.

I hope Gobert eats you alive, starting at the toes.

I don't get all the Hayward hate.

If you worked for a company that didn't do everything they could to win (not trading for Paul George) would you stay with them or go to a company that has shown they will do what it takes to win titles?

Hayward has a better shot at a title in Boston than Utah, the Millers have made that perfectly clear.
How do you know they didn't try to trade for George? You think offering a gimpy forward who hasn't been healthy for several years and an inconsistent wing who has also had injury problems is better than what they got?

BTW, the Miller kiddies no longer have anything to do with the team. It is run by a Board of Directors.

You are correct on Boston media.

I was there on a biz trip years ago after Pats got railed by KC on Sunday or Monday nite. Next day talk radio wanted Brady and Belicheck out of town (2 more super bowls since that day). They are nasty.

I will say this , I didn't think Hayward had the nuts to go to that tough market.

He looks like a kid but his RFA year he bet on himself and got a Max offer from Charlotte (NEVER did I think he would get a Max)

This year I thought he would play it safe and stay here, but he didn't.

I wish him luck but I am getting sick of the Rudy love. Let's see what Rudy does as an UFA. If he stays then he can speak.

Right now Rudy looks like an *** because he did not control his destiny.

Fans are like "Hayward should have told us he was leaving". Owners vs. players I always root for players. You think owners give a flip about many players ? They are pawns. Hayward is lucky to be in the top 5% that are treated not like pawns.....

He busted his *** and helped us get to 2nd round of playoffs.

He made a family decision to move on .... let's not make this more than it is

Oh, shut up Robyn.

I thought if he left we should tank... I've changed my mind... we need an eff you nobody believed in us year. I don't want to sign anyone unless they a bargain. Let's work with what we got.

I actually think purely from a personality perspective, Hayward and Gobert seem similar to Durant and Westbrook.

The one who wants it easier, and the one who enjoys having the worlds biggest chip on their shoulder.

Are you that stupid? Look at the before and after pictures of Hayward.

He busted his *** for the Jazz.

Just because he is not emotional on the court like an ******* does not mean he is not hungry.

EVERY teammate knows how competitive he is.

I do not understand the hate for Hayward...

I won't speak negative of a jazzman, but since Gordy is gone...

Talk about a self absorbed moron. The jazz, and jazz fans might not realize it but Boston did us a huge favor today. For seven years this organization has done everything to appease the little runt.

We made excuses for him while he was getting pushed and shoved and bullied, but never responded.

We were told not to worry that Gordon spent his spare time his first few seasons working on his degree from Butler rather than his basketball game.

We tried to proclaim him a leader, even while his teammate Richard Jefferson scoffed at the idea, telling us leaders have to earn it, they cannot be anointed. He never earned it.

Last season when the team was drifting it was Rudy who laid it out in the locker room, not team captain Gordon.

When Quin shouted Wake up, it was 5th year Hayward on the court.

Time after time the jazz tried to make Gordon the hero. And time after time at the end of games...clank.

When the team needed a basket in the most desperate way, they went to Joe Johnson, not Hayward.

He wants awards, he wants glory, and he wants it handed to him. Everything on his terms, no adversity, nothing earned.

Don't take this wrong I am not a Hayward hater, and I realize he made huge contributions to the jazz, but Gordon is not the superstar he thinks he is. His personal fame will surge in Boston, for awhile, and he will probably enjoy seeing himself on ESPN every night. But as he clanks another potential game winner or demures to his teammates soon ESPN will start talking about "what's wrong with Hayward". Nowhere to hide now Gordon. And where will you turn, when the Boston press sticks a wet Wiley in your ear?

Isaiah Thomas had a courageous performance in the playoffs, and the Boston media/ fans were calling for him to be traded because of his defense.

Al Horford was Bostons big FA signing last summer but the talk after the season was about how to trade or dump him because he didn't rebound.

Jae Crowder is the heart and soul of the team (and the starting sf) the fans and organization practically booed him to applaud a guy who would be his replacement.

Danny Ainge traded Paul pierce, Kevin Garnett, Ramon Rondo and the head coach. He will trade you for a late first rounder if he gets a chance.

You want to live life in the headlines mr. Hayward? Well enjoy it, for the next three years you will be the subject of Multiple trade rumor headlines. Tell Robyn to pack lite, and I recommend renting.

You are walking away from stability into chaos. You think Jae Crowder wants to just hand you his starting job? You think the celtics can let Tatum rot on the bench after they gave up Fultz to get him? You think Jaylen Brown is ready to concede he is forth string? It's not like you handle adversity well.

And what have you done to your dear friend Brad? Because of you He is under extreme pressure to win now. Will you sulk in the corner when he draws up play after play for Isaiah? Will you step and defend him in the hard times, or will you throw him under the Hayward bus tires like you have done to your teammates here?

All this so you can go to a couple of all star games? For what? Each of your all star appearances will have an asterisk. Everyone knows you took the easy path, your all star selection will mean a little more than a kids soccer trophy.

But maybe that is what Gordon Hayward has always been about, wanting others to hand him little plastic emblems of shallow accomplishments.

Can we get rid of the cancer shelvin mack. Just seeing his twitter post congratulations to hayward with tons of winks made me want to.vomit

Can you imagine how pissed his former teammates are especially Rudy, Hood, Rubio spent four hours in his house and he already knew he was leaving. Rubio came all the way from Spain. Ingles probably de-friends him on facebook, but only after thanking him for his contract. Gordon not only gave the finger to the Jazz organization and its fans but how does his teammates feel: Betrayed!!! I don't think Utah will ever win a championship, which means I can't win with these guys.

They have time to process and comforted each other after that meeting before the news got out.
Unlike us Jazzfanz that was surprised and have to deal individually :(

I thought if he left we should tank... I've changed my mind... we need an eff you nobody believed in us year. I don't want to sign anyone unless they a bargain. Let's work with what we got.

Ya, **** tanking man. It's been ages since we've been good. Just develop the current young pieces we have (we got plenty!), and add a couple of pieces to reinforce a solid playoffs team. I still think the Jazz will comfortably make the playoffs.

I agree he had made up his mind a long time ago. Going to Miami was just a diversionary tactic to make people think he was undecided. He knew he wanted to go back with Stevens, and I think that was biggest reason for him going to Boston. Nothing wrong in wanting out but a man of character would've made his wishes known up front and not put on this act that he did.

He gave so many compliments to the Jazz organization and the people who worked with him, and yet he betrays them. Gordon, you should reread what you wrote so that you will realize what you have done. You had something here in Utah and you have given it away. Often we fail to see the forest for the trees or like Joni Mitchell wrote, "you don't know what you got till it's gone."

Yes, Gordon, you don't realize what you have left behind and I think someday you will regret it.

It's impossible to tank. Jazz still have a ton of talent. And if Utah isn't committed to winning, the first trade has to be Rudy. He isn't going to stand for losing. Gobert's now got another chip on his shoulder. He's coming back angry. Circle the first Boston vs. Utah game on the calendar. It's going to be "can't-miss TV." And I'll bet if any Utah players start to shake Hayward's hand, Rudy will deck them.

We still need another player, though. Ingles should be coming off the bench. And there's no depth in case of injuries.

Yep, blowing it up now would look weak as hell. We've got a couple guys who could have a break out year and replace some of what we just lost. We very well could be a better defensive team with Rubio and Mitchell. Damn shame we couldn't have worked something out with Hill, but he's regretting it even more than us.

The thing that sucks is that the west got so much tougher. I think we're probably a first round exit team, but I also think we could be a lot better than people think. Have to give it a shot for at least a year. If the next 2 years are trash, then we have to think about moving Rudy. I hope it doesn't ever happen and he stays loyal no matter what, but I would never expect it when a team is rebuilding. That's why there's so much bitterness towards doucheward. We built a good team around him and were just starting to take off and he ****ed us.

Not sure why you guys are so mad. Best of luck Hayward. Soon you will realized how good you had in Utah.

I think his teammates had to know. I think they went all out to try to change his mind, but I think they knew and if they didn't know, they must have known last night after seeing him.

I won't speak negative of a jazzman, but since Gordy is gone...

Talk about a self absorbed moron. The jazz, and jazz fans might not realize it but Boston did us a huge favor today. For seven years this organization has done everything to appease the little runt.

We made excuses for him while he was getting pushed and shoved and bullied, but never responded.
Yeah, I had a feeling he was a weak little bitch when he let nutjob Delonte West give him a wet willy and did nothing about it.

I think mitchell has some juice... rudy is pissed and I think this will only make his bond to Utah more concrete. I like Ricky... joe, Hood, return of AB... maybe Exum can get after it. I don't care if we top out at Memphis type success... we gotta press on.