What's new

Hayward was at the Flash game tonight...

TroutBum

My Member's Premium
Contributor
So my daughter and I were gifted some front row tix to the Flash game tonight, and lo, my boy Hayseed was sitting just to the left of us w/ his parents. Gods, I wish I would've worn my Hayward jersey.

Anyhow, I really wanted to express my man-love for him, but I didn't want to be, 'That Guy', so instead, I walked past him and told his mother how thankful I was that she had such a bad *** for a son. His dad and mom talked to me and my girl for a few minutes and were nice as can be. I didn't say a word to Hayseed, who just sat there and stared. My inner 15 year old was beaming. I also instructed my daughter to yell to Jeremy Evens, "I love you Jeremy!" while he was on the block for some free throws -- he looked over at her and smiled. Of course, I yelled, "So do I, Jeremy!" and he grimaced, looked at the ref, said something and shook his head.

I hope I never grow up.

So my daughter and I were gifted some front row tix to the Flash game tonight, and lo, my boy Hayseed was sitting just to the left of us w/ his parents. Gods, I wish I would've worn my Hayward jersey.

Anyhow, I really wanted to express my man-love for him, but I didn't want to be, 'That Guy', so instead, I walked past him and told his mother how thankful I was that she had such a bad *** for a son. His dad and mom talked to me and my girl for a few minutes and were nice as can be. I didn't say a word to Hayseed, who just sat there and stared. My inner 15 year old was beaming. I also instructed my daughter to yell to Jeremy Evens, "I love you Jeremy!" while he was on the block for some free throws -- he looked over at her and smiled. Of course, I yelled, "So do I, Jeremy!" and he grimaced, looked at the ref, said something and shook his head.

I hope I never grow up.

Why the cold shoulder?? I get you not wanting to be "that guy", but at least telling him that hes the cats pajamas wouldnt have hurt

Why the cold shoulder?? I get you not wanting to be "that guy", but at least telling him that hes the cats pajamas wouldnt have hurt

I'm not sure -- I just thought it would be fun to ignore him and talk to his mom. I doubt that happens all that often.

Also, fwiw, I don't think Evans is ready for any minutes in the NBA. Take away his 'Early-Oops' and he's not all that neat. He looked sad and weak tonight against D-League scrubs. He had a few amazing dunks, but he was getting his *** taken to school by no-named tools all night.

I'm not sure -- I just thought it would be fun to ignore him and talk to his mom. I doubt that happens all that often.

I quite enjoy your complete disregard for the jazz players' popularity. Shoulda introduced yourself as Ballou, the guy who spurned CJ on a 6 game hotstreak a few months back; speaking of which, I think its time you light another match underneath the metaphorical buh-tox of the Miles family.

freakazoid manages to take the best thread created in the past 72 hours, and attempt to skew it into obscurity.

I hope I never grow up.

Dammit stop making me posrep you! I hate you.

But great post. That sounds like a fun evening.

You should have gotten his mom's autograph. That would have been great.

Did Evens show any upside what so over, did he make a jump shot, or did he look exactly as he did with the Jazz???

That's cool that you talked to his mom. You should've got yourself invited to dinner.LOL.

I would have asked if they saw the dunk in the Pacers game and if they thought it was a foul.

Did Evens show any upside what so over, did he make a jump shot, or did he look exactly as he did with the Jazz???

That's cool that you talked to his mom. You should've got yourself invited to dinner.LOL.

I wasn't there at the game. But this isn't surprising. Most d-league players are very strong and play very hard. Evan's isn't very strong. So he probably will struggle.

Not sure Evans even got to practice with his Flash teammates, which will slow him down. My impression was Corbin & Co just wanted him to get some court-time, which has been sparse lately with the Jazz trying to squeeze into the playoff picture... BTW, SLTrib is saying Corbin was at the Flash game too...

I don't think we should be expecting a huge bump stats wise from Evans in the D-League other than the resultant bump from picking up some minutes. I think his game is going to be pretty similar wherever he plays. He's a hustle player right now, nothing more. 10 pts/8 rebs/2 blocks last night is about what he put up in college. He could probably average that in the NBA too.

Also, fwiw, I don't think Evans is ready for any minutes in the NBA. Take away his 'Early-Oops' and he's not all that neat. He looked sad and weak tonight against D-League scrubs. He had a few amazing dunks, but he was getting his *** taken to school by no-named tools all night.

Ive said this before and was lambasted here on the board.

You should get negrep for going to a Flash game, then posrep for hittin on his mommy!