What's new

Hayward's Recent Stretch

Who is "everyone"? Larry Coon is pretty darn accurate. I can see how maybe 1 all star and 1 all NBA in different years could be something he overlooked, but I doubt twice in the same year qualifies.
It would make sense for it to be this way. That would prevent a guy from getting a deadly team killing contract after having a fluky season during a contact year or something.

Hayward has stepped up to a new level. Last night against the Wizards... that final few minutes was amazing! I loved seeing him act like an all star after making those two shots with that look he gave the Wiz bench. That was sure great to watch.

Not to be lost before those two clutch as hell shots. That one handed offensive rebound and put back a few minutes before. He got WAY up there for that. Huge play.

If he can sustain this it is yet a new level for his game. He maintains this and he will be an all star for multiple years straight.

He ain't bad for a no name player!

-the above statement is in reference to John Walls comments after the game... I think Hayward has been amazing all year and everyone should remember the name... and the hair... my god the hair!

The way Hayward played in those final minutes of the game to thwart a Wizards comeback reinforced how deserving he was to be an all-star this year. If he can replicate that type of clutch play in the playoffs, IMO, it will guarantee him a spot on the All-Star team for years to come...he will no longer be a fringe/wildcard/"on the bubble" type all-star.

The way Hayward played in those final minutes of the game to thwart a Wizards comeback reinforced how deserving he was to be an all-star this year. If he can replicate that type of clutch play in the playoffs, IMO, it will guarantee him a spot on the All-Star team for years to come...he will no longer be a fringe/wildcard/"on the bubble" type all-star.
Also, it's the kind of offensive performance that the Jazz will need to make any noise in the playoffs. Have to cut down on turnovers. Every possession is valuable. Wiz game was sloppy. Hope Quin ripped them and they're more focused tonight.

Also, it's the kind of offensive performance that the Jazz will need to make any noise in the playoffs. Have to cut down on turnovers. Every possession is valuable. Wiz game was sloppy. Hope Quin ripped them and they're more focused tonight.

They're trying out new **** on offense right now, though. I think the turnovers will come down as part of a natural course.

Not to be lost before those two clutch as hell shots. That one handed offensive rebound and put back a few minutes before. He got WAY up there for that. Huge play.

THAT was a strong rebound. He took that ball with authority and then the put back!

we're being a lot more aggressive in the PnR.

I've noticed this. . . which considering Snyder's background, I'm surprised it took this long. Just seemed like a lot of turnovers came down to guys running poor transition opportunities or getting caught in the air and needing to get rid of the ball. They can improve in both those areas.