What's new

Hear Me Out: NBA Screws Utah Jazz out of Playoffs Through Rockets vs Jazz Jan. 04, 2016

KarlMalone

The Utah Jazz lost plenty of games they should have won, yadda yadda yadda. I get it, you will all say this. But, if you recall the Jazz are in a tiebreaker with Houston, one that Houston wins because of their records versus the Western Conference. This 2-2 tiebreaker is ending the Jazz' season, if only we could have won one more game against the Rockets, right? If only the Jazz could have beat the Rockets in just one of those other two games they would be in the playoffs with a win tonight against the Lakers. If only the Jazz had a chance to beat the Rockets three times, oh wait they did, and the NBA took it away.

I am sure we all remember the poorly officiated final two minutes against the Rockets on January 4th. Remember Withey getting hacked with 24 seconds left in the game? (Watch this video, see the Rockets player raise his hand to take the foul? EVEN THE PLAYERS KNEW IT WAS A FOUL! https://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0021500518&eventNum=1284) The NBA admitted that it should have been a foul, but it wasn't called. This would have tied the game with the free throw makes. Or do you remember when Trevor Ariza fouled Gordon Hayward during the inbound pass with 12 seconds on the clock? (Watch Hayward get help here: https://official.nba.com/last-two-minute-report/?gameNo=0021500518&eventNum=1285) Yes, another no call that the NBA conceded was incorrect. This missed call would have given Gordon Hayward a free throw and the ball back to the Jazz. But the NBA missed the calls and the Jazz lost the game, and now they are going to miss out on the playoffs because of a corrupt tiebreaker that never should have occurred.

Can anybody see why I am upset? Like I prefaced this post with, I get that we lost games we should have won yadda yadda yadda. That is not the point of this post. The point is that the Jazz legitimately and literally missed the playoffs because of the poor calls from the referees when the Jazz played the Rockets on January 4th. The NBA literally ruined the Utah Jazz' chance at the playoffs in those final two minutes.
Is anybody else bothered about this? Does anyone care? Because what is the point of the L2M report if the league doesn't do something about it? As a Jazz fan I am disappointed in the NBA.

Let me know what you think, hopefully we can start a helpful dialog of being angry at the NBA

[video]https://makeagif.com/i/ld9tYq

Last edited:
Did you read the post [MENTION=2296]Eenie-Meenie[/MENTION]? It says the post isn't about the games they should have one. Gimme a break! Read the post before posting this crap.

Jazz had over 40 chances to make the playoffs and didn't. Let's not turn into Clutchfans.

But yeah, that bull **** was bull ****.

[MENTION=15]VINYLONE[/MENTION] Oh I am sorry for posting an embarrassing thread. I am so sorry. I should not have done that to you. It is wrong of me. Oh wait. I don't care.

Jazz not showing up against the Clippers. That was the game that knocked them out.
Nope. January 20th against the Knicks.
Jazz up 10 in the fourth against one of the worst teams in the NBA...and the Jazz lost.

I told you then that game will knock the Jazz out of the playoffs. I am not being mean or rubbing anything in. I told you then. I was right.

Jazz up 10 in the fourth against one of the worst teams in the NBA...and the Jazz lost.

I told you then that game will knock the Jazz out of the playoffs. I am not being mean or rubbing anything in. I told you then. I was right.

Hi, my name is Melo The Jazz Killer, I am trolling this thread even though the author stated that he knew there were other games they should have won, but didn't and wanted to focus on the Rockets game. Aka, I am Melo The Jazz Killer and my reading comprehension is that of a 5 year old.

Get outta here you idiot. The post was explicit. No need to hear from you.

Did you read the post [MENTION=2296]Eenie-Meenie[/MENTION]? It says the post isn't about the games they should have one. Gimme a break! Read the post before posting this crap.

Yes, I totally agree with you. I saw that game. But like I said, all we had to do was win that game against the Clips bench and we wouldn't be in this predicament.

True, but we didn't. Now I know you understand I am arguing that the NBA screwed up a vital game. So what are your thoughts?

True, but we didn't. Now I know you understand I am arguing that the NBA screwed up a vital game. So what are your thoughts?

My thoughts are it wasn't the only one in which they screwed us. But then we screwed ourselves a bunch of times too, like the Warriors game among others.

No need to hear from you.
No need? I am the only one here who stated that the Jazz were toast back on January 21st! Think about that. I know basketball so well that I knew that Knick loss was a crushing, devastating blow to the Jazz. Was I wrong? Uhh, are you buying any Jazz playoff tickets this weekend?

Not rubbing anything in. Just saying you want me banned, I shouldn't post... Heck, I was the only one here who knew what the hell would happen to the Jazz! I know the Jazz better than you do. I told you that Knick loss would knock the Jazz out of the playoffs and guess what? The Jazz missed the playoffs by one game.

You should have listened to me back in January. Tonight's out-of-playoff hurt wouldn't have been so crushing.

No need? I am the only one here who stated that the Jazz were toast back on January 21st! Think about that. I know basketball so well that I knew that Knick loss was a crushing, devastating blow to the Jazz. Was I wrong? Uhh, are you buying any Jazz playoff tickets this weekend?

Not rubbing anything in. Just saying you want me banned, I shouldn't post... Heck, I was the only one here who knew what the hell would happen to the Jazz! I know the Jazz better than you do. I told you that Knick loss would knock the Jazz out of the playoffs and guess what? The Jazz missed the playoffs by one game.

You should have listened to me back in January. Tonight's out-of-playoff hurt wouldn't have been so crushing.

Your intuition was good, but the Jazz had plenty of other chances to redeem themselves but they blew it.

To be fair. . . Despite his blatant trolling around here, he has been consistent. He called it way back then and was right even though it looked like they'd make it for a good long stretch.

I'm sad, but not surprised. When you have your own destiny in your hands, you have to win the damn games that you're supposed to win. Better get to P3 and work some asses off in the offseason. Get healthy. Get mad. Fix your turnovers AND effing practice your free throws. They lost AT LEAST five games on missed free throws alone. One of them secures a playoff berth.

If you dig through the tapes, you'll find countless examples where bad calls influenced the results of games that affect every team in the NBA. Sometimes those mistakes benefit your team and sometime they don't. You can't isolate one specific mistake and then claim that it is the reason that the Jazz didn't make the playoffs ... unless you're also willing to go through every second of tape and reverse every mistake that occurred during the course of the season.

Jazz aren't in the playoffs because they didn't win enough games, not because of one officiating mistake.

One of the main reasons the Jazz don't get those calls is the lack of "respect" demanded by Snyder.
He has to get in the refs heads. I don't remember any techs he got after going after at them when they blew a call or 5. That's a huge problem, he needs to get there respect.