What's new

Here's a great article showing the idiocy of NBA award voters and "experts"

I don’t even care. ROY is a ****ing pony prize. Same as all the other consolation prizes.

The only awards that mean anything in the NBA, IMO, are 1. the championship trophy, and 2. The Finals MVP award. Everything else is a big bag of pomp.

As cool as it would be for Spida to win it(I think he should), I think team success is more important to him. He’ll likely be a perennial all-star anyway so this is beans in the big scheme of things.

Yea, I agree that most of these awards are junk because of the bias from some reporters. Remember, Jerry Sloan never won COY? I think DM deserves it as much as Simmons does and my tie-breaker is that DM is actually a rookie.

All of the voting is a joke, as much as I hated Kobe he deserved more then one MVP.

I might be in the minority around here but I think Co-Roy makes the most sense, they're different players that have huge impacts on their teams in different ways.

I get annoyed when people say it's one or the other and it's not close

I might be in the minority around here but I think Co-Roy makes the most sense, they're different players that have huge impacts on their teams in different ways.

I get annoyed when people say it's one or the other and it's not close

That’s my gripe. They are both great. I understand either way.

I hate that the Simmons truthers are like “DM is a chucker” and the DM truthers are like “call me when he makes a jumper”.

I don’t like picking a side and saying the other guy is trash... I like Nate Duncan and his approach... basically said it’s an impossible argument and that he picked Simmons by a hair.

Also awards are dumb but they matter to the players... not more than winning... but they matter.

Complaining that the Lakers are unfairly treated is a unique take on this site. Who do you want to take them from? Karl?
I've grown to respect Kobe now that he's gone. He didn't want to be buddy buddy with everyone in the league and was willing to hurt people's feelings if they got in his way of winning championships, not enough of that anymore imo

I've grown to respect Kobe now that he's gone. He didn't want to be buddy buddy with everyone in the league and was willing to hurt people's feelings if they got in his way of winning championships, not enough of that anymore imo
My views on Kobe have significantly softened. Have to appreciate the toughness.

Actually, the Lakers were my most hated team ever. Then that was eclipsed by the Heat, then even worse by GSW. Now I kinda just hate everyone and realize the basketball gods hate me. Not a Harden fan.

If they give both the ROY and the DPOY to Philly, I am going to probably burn some stuff down. Especially when the Jazz will have had a better season.

If they give both the ROY and the DPOY to Philly, I am going to probably burn some stuff down. Especially when the Jazz will have had a better season.

You don't know right now that the Jazz will have had a better season.

Donovan just needs to have one or two more 40 point games. End with a 20+ point per game average and break Damian Lillard's 3 point record. At that point it would be impossible to pick Simmons over him. Hopefully at that point Donovan receives it or both him and Simmons. I'm okay with that, even though Simmons has had an entire year to train with 76ers staff.