What's new

Here's a silly question.

Matthew Thomas Castleton

If and when the Jazz lose at Minnesota, who will be in the 3rd spot if the Magic beat the Pacers (assuming they rest their starters now that that have clinched the #1 seed in the east)? Both teams would finish at 24-58, so, would it come down to a coin flip, or, would the magic get it because the Jazz won the season series against the magic 2-0?

Sent from the JazzFanz app

We will be tied, lottery balls will be split, a coin toss is eventually had if the lottery balls don't split equally and if no one moves up then the coin toss will be used to decide draft order.

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];806587 said:
Yup. Instead 119 balls in 4 place we then split 156 in two way. I hate NBA system.

I don't think that is right. I think you take 156 (3rd place) and add 119 (4th place) and divide by 2. Each team has 137.5

Edit: Each team would get 137. The the .5+.5 would be delivered via a coinflip. (One teams gets 137, one gets 138)

Since this is a thread for silly questions, I have one as well. Okay, so the jazz were the first nba team ever (also with a bad record) to visit the nba headquarters in new york and then let's say they win the 1st pick in this year's draft. Would a lot people get suspicious about this and say the draft lottery is obviously rigged? How do you guys feel about this? Complete rubbish or whatever? lol

Since this is a thread for silly questions, I have one as well. Okay, so the jazz were the first nba team ever (also with a bad record) to visit the nba headquarters in new york and then let's say they win the 1st pick in this year's draft. Would a lot people get suspicious about this and say the draft lottery is obviously rigged? How do you guys feel about this? Complete rubbish or whatever? lol

Yes complete rubbish.

I wouldn't care what people would say, we'd have the #1 pick. It would go a little ways towards healing the scar from the MJ pushing B-Russ no call.

In a weird way, I don't know if I would want the 1st pick in this draft. Too much pressure to choose between Wiggins and Parker. I don't think you could go wrong either way, but what if one is slightly better than the other?

I like the ball split system. The coin flip thing for one single ping pong ball is pretty hilarious. I'd love to learn more about the official proceedings of the coin flip. Are there representatives from each franchise there?