He's baaa-aaaack

TheItinerantSon

16/24 175 yards 1 TD 0 INT

66.7% 7.3 YPA QB RTG 101.9

11 Rushes 103 yards

1st Half: 5 possessions 24 yards 3 points
2nd Half: 6 possessions 262 yards 17 points

2715959c6e784af2fdd2f72c00dc86fb-getty-98533136me034_green_bay_pac.jpg

Wow its a shame the Eagles couldn't have landed or traded for a QB in the off season, some team was stupid enough to trade away a pro bowl QB like McNaab..... oh wait.

Sounds like Vick will get at least another shot next week.

If I were Andy Reid I would stay with Vick even if Kolb can play. Philly looked worthless on offense with him in there and looked pretty good with Vick. I wonder if that will change if the D-Coordinater has a week to prepare for him.

This game was so frustrating to me as a Packer fan. I mean we got the win in a hostile Philly environment (which we haven't done in years) but when Kolb went out it seemed as though they had no gameplan for Vick whatsoever. I'm a firm believer in preparing for all possibilities yet somehow they overlooked a 3 time pro-bowler. I'd hardly say that Vick is "back" considering he still had some obvious location problems but he's as quick and agile as ever. The Green Bay defense is very quick and he still managed to tear us apart. Props to him, but he has some work to do.

I just watched his highlights from yesterday's game and it looks like he has a rocket up his butt or something because he seriously glides past everyone when he's in full stride. Dude is quick, real quick.

Typical Vick - puts up sexy numbers and blows a 4th and 1 QB option with the game on the line

And Reid has already said that if Kolb can go he's starting

Typical Vick - puts up sexy numbers and blows a 4th and 1 QB option with the game on the line

And Reid has already said that if Kolb can go he's starting

To be fair that was just a ****** play call. Vick is a great rusher when he's scrambling around in the pocket and there's 5-7 guys in coverage, not when there's a straight up and down goal line type of stand where there's 11 defenders stopping you. He did however blow that 3rd and Goal in the endzone when he tried to force it in to Jackson when he had a WIDE open lane to run and score.

To be fair that was just a ****** play call. Vick is a great rusher when he's scrambling around in the pocket and there's 5-7 guys in coverage, not when there's a straight up and down goal line type of stand where there's 11 defenders stopping you. He did however blow that 3rd and Goal in the endzone when he tried to force it in to Jackson when he had a WIDE open lane to run and score.

Not only did he have a WIDE open lane, but as soon as he raised his arm all of the defenders sucked towards the back of the end zone. A little pump fake and he waltzes in, even if he doesn't he still has a score.

EDIT: And while we are on the topic of the game, how brutal was that knee injury to the Eagles FB? Heard it made one of the Philly players on the sidelines physically sick. I know I grabbed my knee in sympathy pain, anyone who has ever had a knee injury had to have done the same.

Offensive line blew that more than Vick IMO.

No, MM blew that. That's a horrible call with a mediocre at best o-line going against a solid d-line, especially when the QB's not a strong Culpepper-like one. Play action or not, Vick should have been rolling out AND IN SPACE. Then, he could make the decision to run or throw, preferably run of course.

No, MM blew that. That's a horrible call with a mediocre at best o-line going against a solid d-line, especially when the QB's not a strong Culpepper-like one. Play action or not, Vick should have been rolling out AND IN SPACE. Then, he could make the decision to run or throw, preferably run of course.

Horrible call? I disagree. They only needed a yard and most coaches trust their team to get a yard. If you watch the video, it was actually the TE that let a LB who was lined about at DE blow right by him to stop Vick before he could pick up the first down. How can you not put the blame on that guy? If he picks up that block it's gonna be a first down.

Here's a replay of it. Watch the last play at the end and tell me you can't blame the TE for that lazy attempt of a block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBm-escvbGc

umm if the plan was for brent celek (TE) to physically beat Mathews (LB) at the point of attack - and you're mad at celek for not doing it....thats just delusional...

They hadnt gotten any push all game (which i understand, as they were missing their center and their FB) why are they trying to go up the middle there?

dtol is absolutely right.

Also, to whoever made the comment about this being typical vick because he had good stats but blew the crucial play... unless your contention is that manning, brees and brady are the only good quarterbacks in the nfl, you're an idiot. Vick's win/loss percentage in ATL adjusted for the quality of his teams defense speaks for itself.

Said Packers middle linebacker Nick Barnett: “They put in Michael Vick – that was the adjustment. They ran the same routes and the same offense, but we had to account for him. There were times I was chasing him and tried to take the right angle, but all of a sudden the angle changed.”

capt.79b6e98c3cbb4446a8e5ab7339d3e369-f45c4a6f976c48f69633a234a2763570-0.jpg

god i missed him.

Last edited:
umm if the plan was for brent celek (TE) to physically beat Mathews (LB) at the point of attack - and you're mad at celek for not doing it....thats just delusional...

They hadnt gotten any push all game (which i understand, as they were missing their center and their FB) why are they trying to go up the middle there?

dtol is absolutely right.

Also, to whoever made the comment about this being typical vick because he had good stats but blew the crucial play... unless your contention is that manning, brees and brady are the only good quarterbacks in the nfl, you're an idiot. Vick's win/loss percentage in ATL adjusted for the quality of his teams defense speaks for itself.

I don't know why people think it's delusional to expect any NFL TE to block a LB. That's just crazy imo. I mean, yeah they could have called a different play, but I bet 99% of coaches would call a play up the middle on a 4 and 1 rather than do some sweep/boot leg/play maker type of play. (Besides, this play wasn't up the 1 hole, it was up the 5 hole, which is hardly up the middle.) Reed had confidence that he could get one yard on this call. This is hardly the coaches fault. It's the players.

God why didn't the Niners take a chance on signing Vick when he came back to the NFL??!! Seriously, it's not like they had a proven starting QB on the roster. Not only that, but they also didn't try to make a move for McNabb. It sure does suck being a Niners fan sometimes.

Vick is such an electric football player.. very few guys can get me on the edge of my seat wanting to watch every single play when they're on the field like Vick can. Just watching him take off out of the backfield during the highlights I caught on Sunday night brought back a lot of memories and cheering on the Falcons in what seems like ages ago.

I really hope this guy has another good few years in him and that whatever team he's on will start him, because damn, he is so gifted and draws so much attention, you can't afford not to put him in the game.

Like they were saying on the NFL network's highlight show, the Philly offense was 100% different with Vick in the game versus Kolb. And I'm sure Kolb is a decent quarterback (was terrible on Sunday even before getting hurt), you need to go with the guy that charges your team up like that if it's a close QB battle. If you can't play him, you at least need to trade him now because I'm sure his value is skyrocketing after what he showed us on Sunday.

It's good to see him back like he was on Sunday. Easily the most electric athlete in the NFL. He has one good game after 4 years, looks to be in game shape finally, and everyone is talking about him.

I also thought that final play for the Eagles was a horrible call. Vick isn't a guy that you use to get you 1 yard. You need to use a fullback or at least a running back and let him punch through a guy that might be there for the stop. But still, 1 yard and you call a typical QB draw play? It's so obvious their strategy must have been to call the obvious play in hopes that the defense thinks they wouldn't be that dumb to try it. And yeah you can blame it on blocking or whatever, but you can't expect that many blocks to hold up to let Vick slip through and gain a yard or two. Terrible play call, especially when GB's defense is already pretty good in terms of their front 7 and not getting pushed around by an O-line very often.

I also thought that final play for the Eagles was a horrible call. Vick isn't a guy that you use to get you 1 yard. You need to use a fullback or at least a running back and let him punch through a guy that might be there for the stop. But still, 1 yard and you call a typical QB draw play? It's so obvious their strategy must have been to call the obvious play in hopes that the defense thinks they wouldn't be that dumb to try it. And yeah you can blame it on blocking or whatever, but you can't expect that many blocks to hold up to let Vick slip through and gain a yard or two. Terrible play call.

If it's so terrible, why is it called so often in both the NFL and College FB? Plus, which team actually dishes the ball off the the FB in the NFL?

I sometimes wonder if people on here actually watch and understand football. If they had run a sweep, then I can see why people are pissed, but Vick up the 5 hole for 1 yard is a terrible call? Come on man, you smoking suga cubes.