What's new

He's baaa-aaaack

38 points is barely? Vick has nothing to do with his team's defense allowing 35 points.

Regardless, everyone's complaint with Vick always seems to be "he runs too early" or "can't throw the ball accurately" or "he has no pocket presence". Well, in the time he's played this season, he's displayed none of the previously mentioned complaints. If Philly starts Kolb again, they're dumb. Vick has been absolutely spectacular.

I have no real interest in football. I was being purposely obtuse to needle TIS.

Isn't it a general rule of thumb that a starter should never lose his job due to injury? I think Reed will start Kolb, but if he sucks, gets behind, Vick will become his replacement very soon.

i actually don't want vick to get the starting job in philadelphia. That team has too many problems on the o-line and on D for them to be viable contenders...i dont want vick to risk his body for that team. I especially don't want vick to be tempted to re-sign with the eagles.

my hope is that he does well in the 8 play package that reid designs for him and that he continues to improve and then gets signed by arizona or minnesota in the offseason and wins the superbowl in 2012 by a score of 26-24 with a game winning 97 yard touchdown drive capped with a 17 yard touchdown run as time expires.

Isn't it a general rule of thumb that a starter should never lose his job due to injury? I think Reed will start Kolb, but if he sucks, gets behind, Vick will become his replacement very soon.

It should be a general rule of thumb to play whoever is playing the best. Kolb shouldn't lose his job due to injury, it should be due to the fact that he was playing terribly, Vick got put in and the Eagles looked like a totally different (much better) team. I don't know why you would give Vick that opportunity, and when he plays like one of the best in the league, you revert to a guy that looked horrendous during his time.

also i'd like to point out that mccoy's first ever >100 yard rushing game came during michael vick's first start?

coincidence?

I dunno if it's a coincidence - I do know those two got Candrew a whole lot of fantasy points this weekend.

Actually, McCoy's a stud with a nose for the end zone. I think he'll be at least as good as Westbrook.

Vick should enjoy the limelight until about week 6. Starting with the Falcons, he will have an unbelievably brutal close to the season. I'll be stunned if he hasn't lost his job by week 16.

outduelled peyton manning

17/29 for 218 (59% completion, 7.5 ypa) 1 td 0 INTS

10 rushes for 74 yards 1 td 0 Fumbles.

on the season

76/125 for 1017 yards (60.8% completion 8.1 ypa) 7 Tds 0 ints 105.3 qb rating with no offensive line

36 rushes for 261 yards and 2 tds 0 fumbles

VICK-torious