What's new

Hey Everyone... Lets Chill on Writing Hendricks Off... TIA

For some perspective:
2023 picks drafted ahead of and around Hendricks and the stats in their recent game (went back like 5 nights or so)

Kobe bufkin: 3-11 shooting for 8 points and 3 fouls in 22 minutes

jarace walker: 2-8 for 4 points with 2 rebounds in 14 minutes. Also was a negative 24 in plus minus. By far the worst on the team. Pacers won the game by 4

Cason wallace: didn't play for the thunder in their last game.

Grady dick: 2-5 for 7 points with 3 turnovers in 17 minutes. Zero assists, zero steals, zero blocks.

Jordan Hawkins: 1-8 for 3 points (1-7 from 3) in 18 minutes. Did nothing else at all this game.

Anthony black: 0-1 for 1 point with zero assists and a turnover in 13 minutes (1-4 from the line lol)

Jett Howard: 0-6 (0-5 from three) for zero points in 12 minutes. Did nothing else at all this game.

Amen Thompson: 2-5 for 5 points in 21 minutes. Had 4 turnovers and 5 fouls lol.

Cam whitmore: 4-15 (1-7 from three). He did have 17 points and 6 steals though. 30 minutes.

Sidy cissko was a guy many of us liked and he only played 6 minutes for zero points in this same game (rockets vs spurs)

Bilal Coulibaly: 1-5 and the only player on the wizards who was a negative in plus minus (-4) in a game the wizards won by almost 30 points

Grady Dick: 2-7 (1-4 from three) for 5 points in 17 minutes

Cason wallace: played 8 minutes and scored 5 points. Zero assists, Zero steals, Zero rebounds, zero blocks and a negative 4 in plus minus

Brandon Miller: played 29 minutes and scored 8 points. (he did have an ok game overall though. #2 pick)

Scoot: Played 30 minutes and was 3-11 shooting. (0-3 from three) 8 points. negative 13 in plus/minus

Sidy: Played 9 minutes and was 0-2 for zero points negative 17 in plus/minus

Ausar thompson: 31 minutes 2-10 for 8 points

Cason wallace: 2-7 in 20 minutes

anthony black: 15 minutes. 2-5 shooting. zero assists. 3 fouls. 4 points.

I've been watching as much of these guys as I have been able to, and the box scores don't tell you what's really going on, but would agree with the premise that nobody is really setting the world on fire right now.

And yeah, rookies dont put up great stats in the pre-season or usually to start the year.

Hendricks is on a different level of not ready than every other lottery pick I've seen.

I dont watch all these guys play but from what I can tell basically you have:

1 guy who has been really good: Wemby (even he was only 3-10 last night)

A few guys have been good and fans are probably happy with: Cam, Amen, Bilal

One guy has been really mid/average: Brandon Miller

Then the rest, guys like Black, wallace, walker, bufkin, JHS, scoot, Howard, dick, hawkins, ausar etc, have been below expectations or just plain bad. A few flashes from a few of these guys but mostly garbage.

Also, most of these guys didn't have an injury in the off season and had more time to practice with their teammates, got to play in summer league, and dont have a roster stacked with dudes who are bonafide playing their same position.

Then the rest, guys like Black, wallace, walker, bufkin, JHS, scoot, Howard, dick, hawkins, ausar etc, have been below expectations or just plain bad. A few flashes from a few of these guys but mostly garbage.

Also, most of these guys didn't have an injury in the off season and had more time to practice with their teammates, got to play in summer league, and dont have a roster stacked with dudes who are bonafide playing their same position.
Strawther has been really good.

And yeah, rookies dont put up great stats in the pre-season or usually to start the year.

Hendricks is on a different level of not ready than every other lottery pick I've seen.
Hendricks also didn't play in summer league, missed time practicing with his team due to injury and plays on a team stacked with proven nba ballers at his position.

Strawther has been really good.
Well I participated in the 2023 draft megathread and didn't hear much at all about the dude. In my post I specifically was talking about guys who we all hyped up a lot and guys drafted before or around Hendricks. Strawther was drafted 29th and wasn't talked about all that much. (im sure this is the part when you will say that you talked about him all the time in an attempt to make yourself look like some kind of genius)

Hendricks also didn't play in summer league, missed time practicing with his team due to injury and plays on a team stacked with proven nba ballers at his position.
SL isnt game changing. Walker missed SL and he didnt look like a fish out of water.

He didnt have knee surgery like Brice.

SL isnt game changing. Walker missed SL and he didnt look like a fish out of water.

Hendricks didn't play in SL, and missed practice time and has a roster stacked at his position. hater gonna hate.

btw if you loved hendricks in the draft process these are the exact things you would be bringing up to defend his poor play.

Well I participated in the 2023 draft megathread and didn't hear much at all about the dude. In my post I specifically was talking about guys who we all hyped up a lot and guys drafted before or around Hendricks. Strawther was drafted 29th.
There was no one hyped over Hendricks we could have drafted. He was the consensus 9th or 10th guy among nearly every draft person.

I was basically the only person who didnt have Hendricks in their top 10.

There was no one hyped over Hendricks we could have drafted. He was the consensus 9th or 10th guy among nearly every draft person.

I was basically the only person who didnt have Hendricks in their top 10.
But there were players hyped over hendricks that guys wanted who haven't been any good that were drafted ahead of him.

My point is that a lot of rookies are not playing well.

But there were players hyped over hendricks that guys wanted who haven't been any good.
You just cherry picked players who had some bad games in the SL.

They have all been better than Hendrikcs because Hendricks doesnt even look comfortable or like he belongs on the court.

I wasn't trying to say that those things are super duper important.

Do you think its better for a player to be hurt or healthy?
Do you think its better for a player to get more practice time with their team or less?
Do you think its better to play in SL or not?

Thats all I was saying.

Its so weird how you just want to show just how much you hate the jazz rookie lottery pick. It seems very important to you that your hate is out there as much as possible. You are a strange duck.

They have all been better than Hendrikcs because Hendricks doesnt even look comfortable or like he belongs on the court.
lol. I didn't use a single summer league game for anything.

And I didn't cherry pick. I just went back like 5 days or something. It took a while to do that, I wasn't going to do the whole pre season. That would take too long. (weird cherry picking comment with all the tht cherry picking happening lately lol)

This.
This was really the point. Anyone disagree with how I ranked these guys that I listed? Has any of Black, wallace, walker, bufkin, scoot, howard, dick, hawkins, ausar, jhs been really good or exceeded expections? Have none of those guys been trash?

So you combat the alleged cherry-picking of evidence by supplying claims about “look” and “feel” while failing to acknowledge the lack of evidence (due to lack of playing time) in TH’s case.

Look, bruh, I was gone for a couple of years and I returned to find that your reputation had clearly plummeted. I think I’m starting to understand why.

I wasn't trying to say that those things are super duper important.

Do you think its better for a player to be hurt or healthy?
Do you think its better for a player to get more practice time with their team or less?
Do you think its better to play in SL or not?

Thats all I was saying.

Its so weird how you just want to show just how much you hate the jazz rookie lottery pick. It seems very important to you that your hate is out there as much as possible. You are a strange duck.
He had a slightly sore hamstring that healed directly after SL.

Btw I completely acknowledge that hendricks has sucked. But a few guys have challenged him for sucking even more. Hawkins has been trash. Black has been a dumpster fire. JHS has been very poopy. A few others have had horrendous games with a few tiny flashes of good play.
If hendricks doesn't have the off season injury and gets to play in SL and practice more and if he gets more minutes in preseason (doesn't have a bunch of good dudes in front of him) then he would likely have a few decent games and some flashes of good play to go along with his garbage as well.