What's new

Hey Everyone... Lets Chill on Writing Hendricks Off... TIA

Star as in high draft pick.

Hardy cares about how they perform... so Key has been a star as a rookie... thus he gets PT. If Taylor isn't that without summer league its okay. Its not some indictment on him as a player that he isn't getting 20 minutes a night with Collins, Lauri, KO, and even Ochai eating up minutes at the 3 and 4.

I think that only happens if we are underachieving around the trade deadline and we move Olynyk. Otherwise I don't think we find more than garbage minutes I don't feel are helpful to player development at all.
Ehh, players get injured all the time. He will get minutes. Simone/Luka will likely fail.

Hardy cares about how they perform... so Key has been a star as a rookie... thus he gets PT. If Taylor isn't that without summer league its okay. Its not some indictment on him as a player that he isn't getting 20 minutes a night with Collins, Lauri, KO, and even Ochai eating up minutes at the 3 and 4.
It's some level of indictment if you're the 9th pick and you aren't beating out fringe players (not even fringe vets, fringe dudes who barely have experience). It's not the end of the world, but it's not a great sign.

It's some level of indictment if you're the 9th pick and you aren't beating out fringe players (not even fringe vets, fringe dudes who barely have experience). It's not the end of the world, but it's not a great sign.
I don't agree. If Taylor had a full summer league maybe. They are fringe players but they are humans too... Humans that Hardy has been working with and he knows are likely on the fringe of either being in the league and on a roster or overseas.

Remember all the people saying that they didn't think his 3pt shot would translate? Sure looks good to me.
1-6 last night fwiw.
5-15 for the season.

Hendricks was billed as a consensus top 10 guy, like no way he would drop past 10 in a strong draft. I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to be disappointed that he is getting beat out by a shooter who can rarely get his shots to touch the inside of the rim and an athlete who smokes finger-roll layups.

Ehh, players get injured all the time. He will get minutes. Simone/Luka will likely fail.
Players get injured but in that case as long as 3 of Walker, Lauri, Collins and Olynyk are available I think he probably just tightens the rotation rather than distributing those minutes to a guy further down the bench.

He'll be fine but I'm not sure I understand him getting garbage time minutes in preseason. That means A) he's that far down the depth chart B) the actual depth chart needs a lot of work if we can't afford preseason minutes to a top 10 pick

Not a negative for Hendricks. But I do wish we were playing our rookies more. I don't mind this criticism. Sensabaugh getting DNP's in preseason? Why?
Because we drafted too many people and have a roster filled out with numerous okay rotation players and okay fringe rotation guys. We signed up to carry 5 things and we’ve got 2 hands. We’ll pretend we can carry this up until it’s clear we can’t and the narrative changes to “lol you expect them to do something unreasonable. They only have two hands! Why did you think they could carry all those things? Lol. Hah. Lol.”

We don’t have a very competitive roster but we’ve got 6 rookies/sophomores and only so many minutes to go around. We traded all our parts for a bag of draft capital but haven’t fully committed to a particular direction (the “bro, we can totally carry five things with two hands” thoughts).

View: https://twitter.com/McCadeP8/status/1711964033862271080

Maybe its just one loud moron but there are others that are like "our lotto pick can't get time over Simone??? thats a bad sign". Or others that are reading the message of the Jazz org saying chill with thinking Hendricks will get rotation minutes right away. They are setting reasonable expectations given our talent and depth. People reading it like he isn't a great prospect.

The problem here is acting like McCade is worthy of bringing up. A complete turd of a fan, more interested in being “right” than seeing his team succeed.

Can you point out anything he did the last two games outside of hitting one side step 3?
Did you take my '+1 in his five minutes in a preseason game is a positive' post seriously?

And to directly answer your question: No, I haven't watched a second yet. Still have yet to see Hendricks on a basketball court, college or pro.

Can you point out anything he did the last two games outside of hitting one side step 3?
He swallowed up Moon on the perimeter and forced a bad miss... did you think he'd do something earth shattering in the 15 minutes? He's also rebounded well. He has not been as active or as aggressive as I would like but again... zero summer league to get comfortable and he's been drinking from a firehose in camp while traveling between Hawaii and Seattle... just... chill.

Go on and get wild if yall want to... this thread can be the vacuum that keeps the receipts.

Go on and get wild if yall want to... this thread is here to vacuum up the receipts.

Man I don't know if it is the "on demand" generation or what but it feels like folks were writing off Taylor or throwing up all sorts of red flags before his first preseason game. I'm seeing a bit more of this on twitter but getting the vibe here as well. So here is what we need to do... Chill the eff out.

Dude missed summer league. We have a loaded frontcourt, so we don't NEED anything from him this year. I understand its pre-season and guys like Tech and Luka are playing over him... but its like some of yall don't know how preseason works. One of the big things in pre-season is giving guys on the bubble a chance to show something before they are cut or benched. There is more urgency to see if Tech and Luka are worth rostering. We are playing the long game with Taylor.

So let's just not write the kid off after like 10 preseason minutes. He is going to be fine. Thank you for listening to my TED Talk.

I’ll agree to this if you agree to stop writing off Agbaji

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk