What's new

Hey Everyone... Lets Chill on Writing Hendricks Off... TIA

The collins trade definitely changed things.

Like if we would have traded for a vet established point guard with a proven track record and skillset then george would probably drop down the pecking order and we probably wouldn't have seen him play yet. If we still had conley we probably wouldn't be seeing george play.
Its just hard for a rookie who was hurt during the summer to beat out KO, Collins, Lauri, and kessler for minutes.

If we didn't have collins then i bet Hendricks would be getting more minutes in these two games.
Keep in mind that Hardy is kind of different when it comes to development. It isn't always about who is the "best" player, he wants you to fill the role he has for you, and to be able to succeed in that role before he sends you out there, especially as a young player. When you can do that, he will free up playing time. I think the idea is that a player will not develop by continually losing their matchups and sucking. There was plenty of time for Kessler, Ochai, and Sexton once they had a baseline of understanding about what was needed from them.

The collins trade definitely changed things.

Like if we would have traded for a vet established point guard with a proven track record and skillset then george would probably drop down the pecking order and we probably wouldn't have seen him play yet. If we still had conley we probably wouldn't be seeing george play.
Its just hard for a rookie who was hurt during the summer to beat out KO, Collins, Lauri, and kessler for minutes.

If we didn't have collins then i bet Hendricks would be getting more minutes in these two games.

Meh….if it was only KO, Collins, Lauri, and Kessler beating him for minutes that would be different. He’s also beat out by Samanic, Simone, and Yurtseven. And beyond that, lineups are versatile enough that he’s competing with everyone else on the bench (including the guards) for minutes. It’s not just that there’s no minutes for Hendricks. It’s that he’s behind guys that aren’t very good. Not a death sentence, but below my expectations as someone who thought he could play right away. If you were someone who said all along that he was a GLeague first type of prospect, nothing has really changed there but I’m certain there were others who were higher on his current level.

Meh….if it was only KO, Collins, Lauri, and Kessler beating him for minutes that would be different. He’s also beat out by Samanic, Simone, and Yurtseven. And beyond that, lineups are versatile enough that he’s competing with everyone else on the bench (including the guards) for minutes. It’s not just that there’s no minutes for Hendricks. It’s that he’s behind guys that aren’t very good. Not a death sentence, but below my expectations as someone who thought he could play right away. If you were someone who said all along that he was a GLeague first type of prospect, nothing has really changed there but I’m certain there were others who were higher on his current level.

Good point.
**** simone ;)

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Anyone've seen Wemby tonight.
We were only few spot for draft franchise player but no one (only Pop) understand importance of chance and everyone was against tanking- not us.
Who was against hard tanking?
Say now. And take a pleasure of watching 5 years of develope Our 9th pick.

We were only few spot for draft franchise player but no one (only Pop) understand importance of chance and everyone was against tanking- not us.
i wanted a hard tank.

Truth be told, in his limited minutes, Hendricks has shown some difficulty in the areas Hardy is talking about. He probably forced the issue too much offensively in Game 1, and too little in Game 2. He’s yet to really apply his 7-foot-1 wingspan defensively in games.

The latter is the most disappointing. I know he hasnt had much time yet, but whenever he is on the court I havent felt his size at all.

(from Andy Larsen's article)

I was against hard tanking and I'll die on that hill.

Let's see Wemby play, say, 60 games of regular season NBA basketball.

I was against hard tanking and I'll die on that hill.

Let's see Wemby play, say, 60 games of regular season NBA basketball.
i mean Front Office were not clever enough - It's on them. They should be smart enough to draft 1-5 pick and have a chance.
Wemby is phenom it doesn't matter how many games he will need to dominate whole thing- He will. He is Durant x 3.
We should have a chance to draft better than Hendricks and leave him on the bench for next couple of years because Hardy is a new coach and he will be playing veteran players

View: https://twitter.com/JazzLead/status/1711960759855706325

Yes I understand its one play. He hasn't played much... but this is the intrigue (along with the shooting) shows out on the perimeter on a pg, keeps him in front, changes the jump shot.

Let the kid get comfortable... the tools and desire are there.

One thing I wanted to learn about TH was his ability to defend the perimeter. It wasn't really his role at UCF so I couldn't form an opinion on it (occasionally switching is different than full time perimeter responsibility imo)....but he's for sure physically capable. Takes a different set of instincts, but you never know sometimes. Jaden McDaniels was similarly not much of a perimeter on ball defender but was good immediately. So we'll never really know until he gets some reps.

He putting the clamps on.... *does 3 minute search into clippers roster* Xavier Moon.
Bilals first game was against a fatigued Aussie league team. The competition is what it is in preseason. What would you like to see in the time he’s been given? That’s the same type of competition you want to give THT 80M for dominating.

It’s mostly on Jazz Twitter which honestly sucks and is embarrassing. A lot more knowledge and exponentially better discussion happens on here.
You're welcome.

No, I for real had to do a lot searching to figure out who 22 was
He played a bunch of minutes in the games lol… guess you were too locked into staring at THT in the games. The same dude that you mock TH defense is the same dude THT was racking up points against so…

For some perspective:
2023 picks drafted ahead of and around Hendricks and the stats in their recent game (went back like 5 nights or so)

Kobe bufkin: 3-11 shooting for 8 points and 3 fouls in 22 minutes

jarace walker: 2-8 for 4 points with 2 rebounds in 14 minutes. Also was a negative 24 in plus minus. By far the worst on the team. Pacers won the game by 4

Cason wallace: didn't play for the thunder in their last game.

Grady dick: 2-5 for 7 points with 3 turnovers in 17 minutes. Zero assists, zero steals, zero blocks.

Jordan Hawkins: 1-8 for 3 points (1-7 from 3) in 18 minutes. Did nothing else at all this game.

Anthony black: 0-1 for 1 point with zero assists and a turnover in 13 minutes (1-4 from the line lol)

Jett Howard: 0-6 (0-5 from three) for zero points in 12 minutes. Did nothing else at all this game.

Amen Thompson: 2-5 for 5 points in 21 minutes. Had 4 turnovers and 5 fouls lol.

Cam whitmore: 4-15 (1-7 from three). He did have 17 points and 6 steals though. 30 minutes.

Sidy cissko was a guy many of us liked and he only played 6 minutes for zero points in this same game (rockets vs spurs)

Bilal Coulibaly: 1-5 and the only player on the wizards who was a negative in plus minus (-4) in a game the wizards won by almost 30 points

Grady Dick: 2-7 (1-4 from three) for 5 points in 17 minutes

Cason wallace: played 8 minutes and scored 5 points. Zero assists, Zero steals, Zero rebounds, zero blocks and a negative 4 in plus minus

Brandon Miller: played 29 minutes and scored 8 points. (he did have an ok game overall though. #2 pick)

Scoot: Played 30 minutes and was 3-11 shooting. (0-3 from three) 8 points. negative 13 in plus/minus

Sidy: Played 9 minutes and was 0-2 for zero points negative 17 in plus/minus

Ausar thompson: 31 minutes 2-10 for 8 points

Cason wallace: 2-7 in 20 minutes

anthony black: 15 minutes. 2-5 shooting. zero assists. 3 fouls. 4 points.