What's new

High-Low. Bring it back.

idestroyedthetoilet

Nobody is built to defend traditional post offense. Bring it back and exploit the adExpress. Gobert is a competent beast and so is Favors. Those two plus shooters will open the floor for DM, expected wtf up with that guy season happening.

Should name the thread Resurrect Jerry and transubstantiate him with a younger Quin mind or something express.

I can get behind this, especially with how the league is trending towards positionless basketball. There still needs to be a balance or your low post will be exploited. The alley oops to Gobert are a thing of beauty.

I like the idea, but doesn't the low-post guy need to have a good back-to-the-basket game? Do either Favors or Gobert have that?

Favors could do it. Rudy can't. And if Favors is in low post clogging the paint then what is Rudy doing? Shooting 3's? Not going to work with both of them on the floor, but with Favors at 5 when Rudy is resting it certainly can be used as long as he can quickly pass out of double teams.

Favors could do it. Rudy can't. And if Favors is in low post clogging the paint then what is Rudy doing? Shooting 3's? Not going to work with both of them on the floor, but with Favors at 5 when Rudy is resting it certainly can be used as long as he can quickly pass out of double teams.

Rudy has proven beyond a doubt that his soft handles can succeed in a duck in role. He's once again leading the league in shooting % ffs. How TF are you going to guard the double staggered screens duck in with Favors' ability to hit that extended J, Ungke or Crowder coming off, and a spacer slash general having the entire left side to operate with?

Have fun googling to figure that out. I'm going to the pawn shop to buy another xouple ar-15's.

Rudy has proven beyond a doubt that his soft handles can succeed in a duck in role. He's once again leading the league in shooting % ffs. How TF are you going to guard the double staggered screens duck in with Favors' ability to hit that extended J, Ungke or Crowder coming off, and a spacer slash general having the entire left side to operate with?

Have fun googling to figure that out. I'm going to the pawn shop to buy another xouple ar-15's.
Rudy is great as pick and roll finisher. As a low post thread? Not really.

So google didnt return any results for duck in for ya? Lol that he cant play that role. He and Favors already are with the high pnr reset/bailout.
You are either delusional or do not know the difference between low post, back to the basket threat and duck in. Duck in has nothing to do with high/low , inside /outside offense.

You are either delusional or do not know the difference between low post, back to the basket threat and duck in. Duck in has nothing to do with high/low , inside /outside offense.

Calls someone delusional, follows up with unintelligible delusion. Duck in is a part of every offensive set, mvPrincess.

Nobody is built to defend traditional post offense. Bring it back and exploit the adExpress. Gobert is a competent beast and so is Favors. Those two plus shooters will open the floor for DM, expected wtf up with that guy season happening.

Should name the thread Resurrect Jerry and transubstantiate him with a younger Quin mind or something express.
Now I feel way more confident knowing who you are. And now I'll stop missing you in the deepest part of my heart.

bring him back.

tG4gmj

karl-malone-diamond-cutter1.gif

These defenses are so soft he would destroy them.

The trouble is none of today's players know how to play in the post. I remember as a kid watching Thurl Bailey get an occasional touch in the post, and thinking Thurl was terrible. He wasn't terrible, but my point of reference was Karl so comparatively Thurl looked rough in the post.

Watching Rudy and favors try to work with backs to the basket makes Thurl look like an All-Star. Its a different world, but economics says the NBA world will adjust and some GM who can't find his 3 and D center will realize he can save money by building a team a new way. It might not be championship formula, but it could be a winning formula.

This is great if Favors still had a post game. Dude is a shadow of his 2015 self.

The trouble is none of today's players know how to play in the post. I remember as a kid watching Thurl Bailey get an occasional touch in the post, and thinking Thurl was terrible. He wasn't terrible, but my point of reference was Karl so comparatively Thurl looked rough in the post.

Watching Rudy and favors try to work with backs to the basket makes Thurl look like an All-Star. Its a different world, but economics says the NBA world will adjust and some GM who can't find his 3 and D center will realize he can save money by building a team a new way. It might not be championship formula, but it could be a winning formula.

Embiid is the guy you are looking for. Too bad he didnt fall to the jazz in the exum draft

Now I feel way more confident knowing who you are. And now I'll stop missing you in the deepest part of my heart.

I fell off my six month sobriety wagon for one ****ing day and you already marked me.

The concept is wtfish from the coaches' perspectives, they all know advantages of various motion offense and would utilize this if they see a fit. Q likely does already but with an updated form. I'm too lazy to find video of him doing it but motion is motion.

I don't see how a defense could handle this team any better as a slower, grind it out hybrid 32 style team turned quickly into 41 with Favors or Gobert curling off the other while Joe and Jae flair and DM the ball handler. They can always reset into this perpetual pnr Rubio deferral garbage if the initial set doesnt pan out. Joe, Jae/forgotten Thabo, best player, DF, DM. A completely "new" offense called four huddle, where everyone but the ball handler conglomerate at the free throw line to screen and then expand out in read-react. Pretty easy to invent some cool wrinkles into that.