What's new

High School Flagrant Fouls - did you see this?

His coach is worse than him. How he allows him or anyone like him to play on his team is a joke. I'd bet the kids run that team and that they're not very good.

The one "kid" (#34) looks like he should be in football not basketball. Also I want to knock the smirk right off his face when they are on the foul line. If I was a parent of a kid on either team I would file a complaint. He isn't playing, he is trying to hurt someone.

I didn't know church ball refs wore stripes. Most of ours just wore sweats. Those were some sweet defensive plays there.

The one "kid" (#34) looks like he should be in football not basketball. Also I want to knock the smirk right off his face when they are on the foul line. If I was a parent of a kid on either team I would file a complaint. He isn't playing, he is trying to hurt someone.

The one that pisses me off is foul #3. Minute 1:35. You can tell that kid is going to foul him no matter what. He goes from a punching motion to laying down the hammer. What a *******.

Looks like my J-Jazz experience in Provo circa 2001 or so. We went up against a team that was all like high level college football O-Line/D-Line recruits easily pushing 300 lbs across the board; Isley Filaga/Brain Soi/Justin Soi/ all the Reynolds Brothers/Mike Affleck, etc. and they would just hammer you the whole game. My team was full of scrappy street kids though so when we played them a couple of our guys got tired of it and started a brawl by throwing punches back. Fun times.

I think I remember this. Were you the one who pissed his pants?

My question is where the hell are the team mates not going after that douche.

Vintage Dave Ballou?

I'm into it. There was a video of him on youtube with am electric slide guitar player that was pretty amazing. To be honest, I can only listen to heavy improvisational jazz for so long, then I have to go back to more traditional stuff. Now Bitches Brew I can play all day long.

Last edited:
I'm into it. There was a video of him on youtube with am electric slide guitar player that was pretty amazing. To be honest, I can only listen to heavy improvisational jazz for so long, then I have to go back to more traditional stuff. Now Bitches Brew I can play all day long.

Well, I am pretty amazing.

What grade was this?

I don't think I've ever seen a worse looking basketball team. #34 can't be more than 6 feet tall.

I hope that you folks don't believe that Utah HS basketball is anything like this. Not only are the refs not suck, but the Basketball teams actually feature basketball players. Just look at the amount of local players are playing at the Div I level right now.... Haws, Collinsworth(s), Davies, etc. Most teams would have bigs that would school #34. Think Davies or Tai Wesley would have had a problem posting him up? lol.

Judging from the reactions of the opposing team, they were used to this type of play.

A really sucky HS league (I know my ward basketball team would crush those guys) with some really sucky refs.

That team literally, could not come within 20 points of beating any Utah/SL/or Cache Valley team (except for the Utes. They could probably beat the Utes).

Looks like my J-Jazz experience in Provo circa 2001 or so. We went up against a team that was all like high level college football O-Line/D-Line recruits easily pushing 300 lbs across the board; Isley Filaga/Brain Soi/Justin Soi/ all the Reynolds Brothers/Mike Affleck, etc. and they would just hammer you the whole game. My team was full of scrappy street kids though so when we played them a couple of our guys got tired of it and started a brawl by throwing punches back. Fun times.

LOL!

I remember those teams! Mike's such a cool guy. Hated him in HS but he's pretty cool now that I've gotten to know him.

As I remember, Matt Reynolds actually had some decent skills/footwork. Timpview also had those twins... What were their names? The Shupert twins or something? The Low kid was their PG and was speedy quick.

I think you also should add Dan Maughn and Tai Wesley for Provo. Of course, Tai was moved up quickly... Pretty sure he played varsity as a fresh... i think I played against Tai in 7th or 8th grade.... Can't remember... But those guys were give poly dudes that just camped in the paint and smashed anything that came inside.

Me and my AK47 like frame tried to keep them from getting rebounds... Didn't work out so well.

Lone Peak had a ton of size and ran us over. I can't remember specifics but I seem to remember they had a Walkenhorse (I think his bro played linebacker for Crowton)....

Before we started playing at the jr. high and HS levels, we used to play at champions off geneva road by UVU. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

The one that pisses me off is foul #3. Minute 1:35. You can tell that kid is going to foul him no matter what. He goes from a punching motion to laying down the hammer. What a *******.
Agree. I can see letting the first two go perhaps. #1 he just looks clumsy in going for the block. #2 is just pushing out of bounds. But #3-#5 are very obvious.

Got to hand it to the other team for keeping their cool. If I was the guy fouled on #3 or #5 I would have jumped right up buried a knee in his crotch and headbutt his nose as it came forward.