What's new

Hmmmm you don’t say?

The system is built around Rudy. I can't believe you, or anybody else, are still trying to have this argument.

On defense, we do the funnel to Rudy.

On offense, he sets the screens which initiate the offense.

Not every single play is run around Rudy because that's impossible, However, we built the fundamentals of our team around Rudy Gobert.

I'm not judging if how we are built is right or wrong. I'm simply saying that if Don doesn't like Rudy, then maybe it irritates him.
Defensive players are at their best when they are free. Rudy is not free, he has to constantly worry about the rim because if he is not there. Mitchell, Clarkson, Bogey, Ingles gets blown by and it's a basket every time. Funnel is as much of a necessity as it is building around Rudy. If we had better defenders on perimeter like Miami, we would see Rudy be as effective on switches as Adebayo. All that said, Mitchell doesn't help a **** on defense whatever the system is so he isn't doing what Rudy needs and wants. Also it's not building around a guy when you pile up every problem on him. Similarly, I will never blame Don for his struggles offensively against Houston.

On offense, he sets screens incessantly which help Mitchell become the most efficient PnR guard in the league. Mitchell, who is about average creating without a screen, benefits from Rudy's screens. Bigs like Allen and Ayton fit the same way. It feels ridiculous to say Phoenix have built their offense around Ayton, though. Quin just maximizes it because Rudy has elite level conditioning and Jazz struggle to pressure the rim without a screen. It's one of the reasons, the small ball hasn't worked as well as it should.

I am just bothered by how you say Don does everything when he doesn't.

Defensive players are at their best when they are free. Rudy is not free, he has to constantly worry about the rim because if he is not there. Mitchell, Clarkson, Bogey, Ingles gets blown by and it's a basket every time. Funnel is as much of a necessity as it is building around Rudy. If we had better defenders on perimeter like Miami, we would see Rudy be as effective on switches as Adebayo. All that said, Mitchell doesn't help a **** on defense whatever the system is so he isn't doing what Rudy needs and wants. Also it's not building around a guy when you pile up every problem on him. Similarly, I will never blame Don for his struggles offensively against Houston.

On offense, he sets screens incessantly which help Mitchell become the most efficient PnR guard in the league. Mitchell, who is about average creating without a screen, benefits from Rudy's screens. Bigs like Allen and Ayton fit the same way. It feels ridiculous to say Phoenix have built their offense around Ayton, though. Quin just maximizes it because Rudy has elite level conditioning and Jazz struggle to pressure the rim without a screen. It's one of the reasons, the small ball hasn't worked as well as it should.

I am just bothered by how you say Don does everything when he doesn't.
I never said Donovan does everything. The guy needs to work harder on defense, and he could be more efficient on offense.

I said that the screens can lead to good numbers. It's not about stats. My point isn't about who is better. My point was about the instability of the team.

What I'm saying is that MY OPINION is that Donovan wants his own team. He wants to be the man like he is when the playoffs come around. I think that he doesn't get along with Rudy, and it irritates him that Rudy is constantly going public to air his issues when Rudy isn't some perfect player either. Despite being possibly good for one another in on court situations, their personalities do not mesh. Rudy is irritating the hell out of Donovan, and they need to be split up.

His twitter feed and article list says differently.

Actually, it's impossible to shut down rumors. No matter what you sy or how you say it, the rumors will persist.

No doubt, because there are no answers that will satisfy you.
So you can't answer with one quote, yeah, no surprise there. Because he hasn't.

I never said Donovan does everything. The guy needs to work harder on defense, and he could be more efficient on offense.

I said that the screens can lead to good numbers. It's not about stats. My point isn't about who is better. My point was about the instability of the team.

What I'm saying is that MY OPINION is that Donovan wants his own team. He wants to be the man like he is when the playoffs come around. I think that he doesn't get along with Rudy, and it irritates him that Rudy is constantly going public to air his issues when Rudy isn't some perfect player either. Despite being possibly good for one another in on court situations, their personalities do not mesh. Rudy is irritating the hell out of Donovan, and they need to be split up.
Then Donovan wants to win 30 games a year and not make the playoffs lol.

Then Donovan wants to win 30 games a year and not make the playoffs lol.
Just because we are built around Rudy and win a good regular season rate around Rudy doesn't mean the only way to play winning Jazz basketball is to play the way we do right now.

Just because we are built around Rudy and win a good regular season rate around Rudy doesn't mean the only way to play winning Jazz basketball is to play the way we do right now.
So Donovan wants to win 30 games and miss the playoffs so he can be the guy got it.

Because he hasn’t said anything decent and you know it.
If you start with the position that nothing he says will be "decent" (that word really gives the game away), then nothing is "decent". Perfect circular logic.

We are a borderline playoff team without Rudy.

If we got value for Rudy, we are definitely a playoff team.
Don and Rudy got 2 different bb philosophy. Rudy is all about winning and effort and Don is about playing for fun and he's stats.He is decent player but will never be superstar and he's team will never go far in PO. When you are max franchise player u should go 120% every game couse u paid massive to that. If you are hurt sit at home and heal yourself ,don't travel and jumping around bench. I can't wait to see if this concusion will be miricaly healed and he is playing all star game . If this happens than I'm personally done with him as utah jazz player...

Don and Rudy got 2 different bb philosophy. Rudy is all about winning and effort and Don is about playing for fun and he's stats.He is decent player but will never be superstar and he's team will never go far in PO. When you are max franchise player u should go 120% every game couse u paid massive to that. If you are hurt sit at home and heal yourself ,don't travel and jumping around bench. I can't wait to see if this concusion will be miricaly healed and he is playing all star game . If this happens than I'm personally done with him as utah jazz player...
From what I could tell, Don was playing harder and better than anybody on our team in the last two playoffs.

I admire Rudy for giving his all and caring so much. I do admire him. He's one of those guys that goes all out all the time. And his impact on the regular season is great. But in the playoffs, c'mon. Who are you hitching your wagon to?

I love Ryan Tannehill, but he's not going to take the Titans to a Super Bowl despite how hard he works and how great of a guy he is.

From what I could tell, Don was playing harder and better than anybody on our team in the last two playoffs.

I admire Rudy for giving his all and caring so much. I do admire him. He's one of those guys that goes all out all the time. And his impact on the regular season is great. But in the playoffs, c'mon. Who are you hitching your wagon to?

I love Ryan Tannehill, but he's not going to take the Titans to a Super Bowl despite how hard he works and how great of a guy he is.
Lopo i understand what u saying but there is always but... Buble po was specific and yeah Don was amazing. On other end jm was even better and we lost and that is what is counting at the end.Last year was decent but 25 shoots for 30plus point's is not some heck of achievement and we blow up nice lead again...

You're asking which of two mules you hitch to a three-mule wagon.

Lopo i understand what u saying but there is always but... Buble po was specific and yeah Don was amazing. On other end jm was even better and we lost and that is what is counting at the end.Last year was decent but 25 shoots for 30plus point's is not some heck of achievement and we blow up nice lead again...
If you think Jamal Murray outplayed Donovan Mitchell in that series, you are crazy. Donovan played great every game while Jamal had a few great games.

Maybe if Jokic didn't look like prime Kevin McHale had a baby with prime Larry Bird and torched us every game, we win that series. Oh and the Porter Jr guy played out of his mind too.

Jamal outplayed Donovan. GTFO with that crap.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Comparing Rudy Gobert to Ryan Tannehill is among your top 10% stupid statements. And that ain't easy to accomplish. You are insufferable.

Comparing Rudy Gobert to Ryan Tannehill is among your top 10% stupid statements. And that ain't easy to accomplish. You are insufferable.
I'm talking about playoffs. Tannehill isn't going to take the Titans to the Super Bowl even though he's a great regular season QB before this season.

I'm sure you want to compare Rudy to Aaron Rodgers or something.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

LoPo’s pro-Don/anti-Rudy takes and oneye’s pro-Rudy/anti-DM takes occupy opposite ends of hell. Hell is being a fly on the wall for the discussion.