What's new

Holiday POWER RANKS

Philly was really big on Halloween, Christmas and St Patricks. Power usage had to be through the roof those months. Every house (especially row homes) glowing like an airport with holiday lights.

!. Kids B-day

2. Halloween

3. Pioneer Day

4. 4th of July

5. St. Patricks Day

6. New years Day

7. Elk Hunt

8. Thanksgiving

9. 420

10. Christmas

!. Kids B-day

2. Halloween

3. Pioneer Day

4. 4th of July

5. St. Patricks Day

6. New years Day

7. Elk Hunt

8. Thanksgiving

9. 420

10. Christmas

HAHA, when did your family celebrate kids day? I can't even remember the date but my family celebrated it when I was a kid and I got a CO2 powered bb pistol one year...****ing rocked!

1) Independence Day

2) Valentine's Day

3) Halloween

4) Winter Solstice

5) Spring Equinox

6) Summer Solstice (now I remember when we celebrated "kid's day" on the solstice..duh)

7) Veteran's Day

8) Memorial Day

9) President's Day

10) Labor day

Christmas season is the only one I really look forward to. The other holidays are a nice deviation from the norm, but otherwise nothing too special. Chinese New Year is probably my 2nd favorite. Not that I personally do much for it if I'm in Utah, just the few times I've been in an area where people took it seriously I had a blast.

I really dislike all holidays. Seriously. Most of them involve some kind of organizing, shopping, gifts and going somewhere where I usually would never go.
Only day worth celebrating for me is start of NBA season.

I really dislike all holidays. Seriously. Most of them involve some kind of organizing, shopping, gifts and going somewhere where I usually would never go.
Only day worth celebrating for me is start of NBA season.

Yeah its a shame that we don't live in a faithless world of communal-monotony. Wish I could just waste my life away playing dominos on my front porch in Lithuania tbh

Yeah its a shame that we don't live in a faithless world of communal-monotony. Wish I could just waste my life away playing dominos on my front porch in Lithuania tbh

Don't be dissin on the dominos or the front porch(I loves me a porch swing)

Have at it in regards to Lithuania though.

I have no issues with people celebrating some kind of historic or religious event/tradition. I just do not like being part of it that's it. Not saying everybody needs to be like me.
And FYI dominos are really not popular in Lithuania.

I have no issues with people celebrating some kind of historic or religious event/tradition. I just do not like being part of it that's it. Not saying everybody needs to be like me.

Are dominoes popular anywhere really anymore?

My comment was more tongue-in-cheek, but I completely understand your concern. Depending on how you were brought up, there is quite a bit of societal-pressure to join in on these religious festivities.

I went to a German-Bilingual school from Kindergarten up until the 9th grade-- I was always the only Muslim in those classes, and at times, young-Dalamon found it hard to really strike that balance between fitting in and comfortably sticking to my own beliefs.

I get a 50% off student discount at Domino's.

I used to live about 50 meters from Dominoes and get two large two-toppings for 13 bucks almost every day. Lived with some lazy *** potheads. They'd give me two slices just for picking them up.