What's new

Holy piss, the Apollo moon missions were fake?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you calling Conspiracy Theorists walnut?

Obviously, very few folks in here ever read Spy vs. Spy comics.

So here's the drift, Conspiracy Theories are government psy-op projects designed to strengthen government credibility. . . . . . Ya gotta be one to know one. . . .

So the genetic make-up of the people involved means it is a German achievement? Why did it happen in the US then? One, because we defeated Germany in an all out war. Two, our stable, non-corrupt government, non-slave taking, non-genocidal society, free-market based economy, individual rights respecting culture, is the best possible place to achieve such things.

Damn, this guy sounds like he's all wound up.

I can't read this stuff.

The Apollo missions happened. Some of the media coverage might have been studio work, as this was an important media event for the U.S. both domestically and internationally, and a lot of things could have gone wrong.

Missions = real.

Media event = well, it's television after all.

I can't read this stuff.

The Apollo missions happened. Some of the media coverage might have been studio work, as this was an important media event for the U.S. both domestically and internationally, and a lot of things could have gone wrong.

Missions = real.

Media event = well, it's television after all.

come join my war on "news".

Doesn't surprise me that even after five years, you still can't catch a whiff of sarcasm or satire.

You wouldn't put that much work into it if you weren't at least semi serious. You were testing the waters to see what would happen and if you could get enough people to agree with you. Then if they didnt, you would act like it was a joke

You wouldn't put that much work into it if you weren't at least semi serious. You were testing the waters to see what would happen and if you could get enough people to agree with you. Then if they didnt, you would act like it was a joke

Copy/Paste is a lot of work?

Craziest conspiracy theory in the thread^^

#100RAPclub

hahaha yes this is the correct way to evoke occam's razor, yes

also i bet 9/11 was half conspiracy half terrorism as well!! the truth is always in the middle!! i am a reasonable moderate in world of unreasonable extremists!! occam's razor!!

i've never seen someone so confident and authoritative in their train of thought be so fantastically wrong before, on every possible front. it's the perfect anti-argument, something out of a will ferrell movie

The truth isn't always in the middle. If someone promotes a bat shiite crazy conspiracy theory (such as the moon landing was faked, or 911 was an inside job) and someone else disputes this bat-shiite crazy conspiracy theory, this doesn't mean that the truth is somewhere in between these two.

Last edited:

Copy/Paste is a lot of work?

Craziest conspiracy theory in the thread^^

#100RAPclub

What is it they say about not being able to "fix stupid"?

The truth is always in the middle. If someone promotes a bat shiite crazy conspiracy theory (such as the moon landing was faked, or 911 was an inside job) and someone else disputes this bat-shiite crazy conspiracy theory, this doesn't mean that the truth is somewhere in between these two.

The truth may not be anything like what anyone supposes it to be, especially when no one actually knows it all.

People who rely on a slur of others' notions, deriding them with an unintelligent label like "conspiracy theorist", are more suspect than anyone with one fact and a purported explanation of everything. . . .

Jeb, Dub, or George HW deriding anyone who knows that Prescott Bush carried a bag with twenty million bucks to Hitler before the Reichstag Fire destroyed the German legislative branch of government, and funded Hitlers' move to assume dictatorial powers in Germany as a "Conspiracy Theorist" have less credibility than the people they mock.

When Obama throws out that same slur on his critics, you'd be smarter to ask what he's afraid of people knowing. . . . . . what he's covering up with his stupid factless allegations.

The truth may not be anything like what anyone supposes it to be, especially when no one actually knows it all.

People who rely on a slur of others' notions, deriding them with an unintelligent label like "conspiracy theorist", are more suspect than anyone with one fact and a purported explanation of everything. . . .

Jeb, Dub, or George HW deriding anyone who knows that Prescott Bush carried a bag with twenty million bucks to Hitler before the Reichstag Fire destroyed the German legislative branch of government, and funded Hitlers' move to assume dictatorial powers in Germany as a "Conspiracy Theorist" have less credibility than the people they mock.

When Obama throws out that same slur on his critics, you'd be smarter to ask what he's afraid of people knowing. . . . . . what he's covering up with his stupid factless allegations.

I'll grant that the truth is quite often far different from what people suppose.

That said, the Apollo Moon Landing conspiracy theory is just that, a conspiracy theory and a crazy dumb *** one to boot. People who believe it in are seriously detached from reality.

The thing about any conspiracy theory evidence is that take in isolation, it more often than not appears credible, precisely because you lack the context to evaluate it properly. (LDS apologists also rely heavily on this lack of context to persuade wavering believers.)

While I tend to shy away from cliche's (such as the truth is always in the middle), I do think that the following maxim is worth repeating, "Extraordinary Claims require extraordinary evidence."

I'll grant that the truth is quite often far different from what people suppose.

That said, the Apollo Moon Landing conspiracy theory is just that, a conspiracy theory and a crazy dumb *** one to boot. People who believe it in are seriously detached from reality.

The thing about any conspiracy theory evidence is that take in isolation, it more often than not appears credible, precisely because you lack the context to evaluate it properly. (LDS apologists also rely heavily on this lack of context to persuade wavering believers.)

While I tend to shy away from cliche's (such as the truth is always in the middle), I do think that the following maxim is worth repeating, "Extraordinary Claims require extraordinary evidence."

I totally agree with this.

The moon rocks we have sorta tilt the whole debate on the "fake" moon landing. Did we put a man up there to pick them up? I don't actually know about some claims, like the claim that there is an atmospheric layer what. . . . . . the Van Allen radiation belt. . . . that would absolutely fry a human going through it in a tin can. . . . well, an aluminum/titanium/vanadium/chromium alloy capsule. . . . I have absolutely no data, and have not read any scientific report on how hot metal gets in a high-velocity ion cloud. . . .with significant levels of gamma radiation and such. . . .

But I do think the media presentation of the event might have been staged/hyped for tactical international posturing to "win" the space race. . . . .

So film footage that doesn't appear to be credible in support of propaganda positions might be a clue to a more complex picture than what is popularly supposed. . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.