What's new

Hornacek is back

Is Butler’s nickname But...?
Horny Gay But Sex Favors?
beavis-and-butt-head-laughing.gif

What exactly is a consultant to the head coach? Don't think I've ever seen that title before, on any team. Is that just a fancy title for lead assistant?
I think it means he wont be here all the time, but he will be here some of the time.

I blame Ryan Smith for all these weird *** titles for people. Danny Ainge is "CEO of Basketball" and now we have a "Coaching Consultant".

I'm guessing he's just going to be someone to give Hardy advice in a professional capacity since no one on the Utah staff has NBA head coaching experience?

But them again, why couldn't Fizdale be that kind of mentor?

I blame Ryan Smith for all these weird *** titles for people. Danny Ainge is "CEO of Basketball" and now we have a "Coaching Consultant".

I'm guessing he's just going to be someone to give Hardy advice in a professional capacity since no one on the Utah staff has NBA head coaching experience?

But them again, why couldn't Fizdale be that kind of mentor?
Speaking of weird titles, who had previously been “president of basketball operations” for the past 25 years or so, as the “Vice President of basketball operations” implied?

Speaking of weird titles, who had previously been “president of basketball operations” for the past 25 years or so, as the “Vice President of basketball operations” implied?
Your posts need to be in the upper quartile of transparency so that the team can attain positive synergy while making sure that all projects positively pencil out. Sprinkle that in with Quin's regression analysis along with his Japanese management theory and the Jazz will be all aces this season.

Missed opportunity for a more creative title.
Have you guys seen the list of assistants and player development coaches and now this? Hornacek, my favorite, most underrated Jazz player of all time as a consultant? Wow! I’m an avowed non-gambler but this plus the Ainge presser statement concerning not tanking (wink, wink, nudge, nudge), the over on that 25.5 is looking like a lock!

I love Hornacek as much as the next guy, but this acquisition has to be a bit more realistic. Are we not aware that we’ve been here before? Before there was “15 lbs of muscle” there was “AK’s going to work on his jump shot this summer with Horny.” And are people forgetting that he was on the bench under Corbin?

Anyway, I’ll reiterate how much I like Hornacek. First person who says THT will benefit from his shot coaching will get a two-week ban.

I love Hornacek as much as the next guy, but this acquisition has to be a bit more realistic. Are we not aware that we’ve been here before? Before there was “15 lbs of muscle” there was “AK’s going to work on his jump shot this summer with Horny.” And are people forgetting that he was on the bench under Corbin?

Anyway, I’ll reiterate how much I like Hornacek. First person who says THT will benefit from his shot coaching will get a two-week ban.
Horney's dad was a high school hoops coach. Horney will be forever known as the patron saint of walk ons. He was mired deep on the bench at Iowa State when the flu wiped out a lot of players. He got to start and dropped something like 35 on the other team. The coach was impressed, played him more and Horney parlayed that into an NBA playing and coaching career.

What if I said he was brought in to work with Vandy on defense?

It may have the same meaning.

In any case, however, having a veteran head coach that Quin could have consulted with (that he would have respected and listened to) is exactly what I was advocating.
We'll know it's working if Hardy uses phrases like "Too much jackpotting around" and "The team played like it was in tuxedos" at a post game press conference after a loss.

I don’t want any two week bans but this is where old Horned-Dog resurrects his coaching career. Dude was a natural on the court, not because of a plenitude of athletic prowess but because of fundamentals, heart and desire. A coach’s son that got the most out of his playing career but struggled to find his niche on the coaching side. And yeah I’m pretty sure he was brought in primarily to straighten out Sexton’s X-rated game and make it PG as it was meant to be. Which is another reason I think Conley is sticking around.