What's new

Hot Take on City Uni's

jimmy eat jazz

I may be in the minority, but I think the city uniforms are ugly. They are too busy, have too many colors, and are reminiscent of the 70s era Houston Astros uniforms (that's NOT a compliment).

I am not opposed to an argument that the Jazz should adopt the city uniform color scheme, but only if they choose 2-3 of the colors and stick with those.

Or, they should keep the current color scheme but either go back to the green alternates (now those were sharp looking) in lieu of or in addition to the current gold/yellow ones, or make green the primary uniform color instead of blue (and please not the lime green color used for alternative uniforms during the Sundiata Gaines era).

While we're on the topic of uniform colors, why don't teams who feature yellow in their primary color scheme call it yellow, instead of gold (e.g., current Jazz alternatives), maize (looking at you Michigan), or some other name? It's as if they're ashamed to admit that the color is yellow, so they invent some other name for the color that sounds more . . . manly.

They are so ugly that they sold out so fast and are impossible to buy anywhere.

I may be in the minority, but I think the city uniforms are ugly. They are too busy, have too many colors, and are reminiscent of the 70s era Houston Astros uniforms (that's NOT a compliment).

I am not opposed to an argument that the Jazz should adopt the city uniform color scheme, but only if they choose 2-3 of the colors and stick with those.

Or, they should keep the current color scheme but either go back to the green alternates (now those were sharp looking) in lieu of or in addition to the current gold/yellow ones, or make green the primary uniform color instead of blue (and please not the lime green color used for alternative uniforms during the Sundiata Gaines era).

While we're on the topic of uniform colors, why don't teams who feature yellow in their primary color scheme call it yellow, instead of gold (e.g., current Jazz alternatives), maize (looking at you Michigan), or some other name? It's as if they're ashamed to admit that the color is yellow, so they invent some other name for the color that sounds more . . . manly.

Do you remember when the new uni's were unveiled? The crushing of GSW. This team has been transcendent ever since. These uniforms are an otherworldly lifesource of power.

I didn't love them at first, they grew on me, can't stay in stock,are selling for double on ebay, and Nike agreed to bring them back another season. I'd say the Jazz hit that one out of the park, and its not even a debate.

I really like the city uniforms, but I hope we make them really rare in the future. I think we should only break them out a few times a year. Once they become commonplace, I think they will seem less "cool".

I love the green uni's...

The city edition unis grew on me after the first game they played with them, but I would not want those colors to be the Jazz primary colors. They are fun because they are different, and they do seem to bring extra good luck.

I didn’t think I was going to like them. I thought I was going to hate them. Now? Love them.

I love the uniforms. My family members mostly don't. I don't get why. It's unique in the league and looks amazing with the new floor design.

There is nothing wrong with not liking them.

It just means you have, objectively, bad taste.

I know a lot of older people didnt like them because they dont like any changes. People have complained that the colors are not our colors, which is a silly reason not to like something.

These are hands down the coolest and best looking Jazz uniforms we have had in Jazz history. 2nd place is debatable but it is a very very distant second and not worth the comparison to these. These are also the best looking uniforms and court in the NBA.

There is nothing wrong with not liking them.

It just means you have, objectively, bad taste.

I know a lot of older people didnt like them because they dont like any changes. People have complained that the colors are not our colors, which is a silly reason not to like something.

These are hands down the coolest and best looking Jazz uniforms we have had in Jazz history. 2nd place is debatable but it is a very very distant second and not worth the comparison to these. These are also the best looking uniforms and court in the NBA.

Actually, green and gold belong to New Orleans' Mardi Gras.

I like the creamsicle uniforms, they remind me of a sunset.. I think it's good branding to have a color scheme not usually associated with the Jazz on display for all to see in the playoffs. Just like its good branding the way the Jazz DJ surprises people with his musical selection...

especially after this fool Hayward made a booming loud vote of no-confidence in the franchise, it's good to see them out there looking like they moved on (and with style).

If Mitchell is the star he appears to be rookie year, that jersey will be associated with his Rookie throwback too. Not the standard uni's.

Sure, but those colors are not in this uniform or purple, blue or whatever else Jazz fans think are our colors.
Green and gold were the Jazz colors for their first dozen years in Utah, but as we have seen, the "Jazz colors" have evolved over the years. This year, gold seems to be the dominate color, but I would gladly vote for the city jerseys being the new home court uniform.

I want the city color scheme to be what they use for Jr. Jazz next year.

My biggest gripe with the City Uni’s are that they were advertised as a gradient jersey and that didn’t end up being the case. This uniform would be SO MUCH sharper if it was a true gradient where each color seamlessly transitioned to the next.

My 2nd biggest gripe about them is the campaign that David Locke and a handful of Jazz fans are trying to stir up in regards to making these the permanent Jazz colors. No, no, no! There is absolutely NO REASON that a team that plays in Northern Utah should change their colors to something that decidedly have a Southern Utah motif. Just stop it Locke and Co. The Jazz have ****ed around with colors/Uni’s too much in the last 25 years.

Our legacy is the music note with green and gold with blue or purple depending on the era. That’s it. Please don’t mess with it anymore!