What's new

House of the Dragon

Keefe

Dreadful first episode imo. A 9.0 on IMDb is laughable and as much proof as one needs to prove there are fake accounts/users on that site jacking up ratings.

The acting and characters don’t hold a candle to those in GoT. Even just episode one of GoT. The male characters specifically. Think about it. In GoT, you had Sean Bean, the King, Jaime Lannister, the little dude, Jon Snow, etc. We wanted to watch them. They could act and were unique, even then in episode one. This show trudges along, the actors half asleep.

The storyline sucks too which makes matters worse.

And some of the action felt hammy, like Ridley Scott’s Gladiator. Just really shaky all in all.

I haven't watched it yet (I will wait until there are more episodes out in order to binge it) but one of my good friends loved it and said it was as good as anything GOT. I guess its one of those subjective things.

I've listened to the Fire and Blood audiobook and it is told essentially as a history written by a few different maesters.

It's interesting info but this is not the type of writing that can be converted into a script easily. All the characters will be at the mercy of the show writers for any sort of depth.

At least the worst humans in the universe won't be solely writing, directing and producing this thing.

My wife and I have a backlog of stuff to watch so this is in the queue. If not for the last several seasons of GOT being **** this show would have front of the queue privileges, but once bitten twice shy.

My worry is that where GOT shied away from CGI to their detriment, this show is going to lean to heavily into CGI, to their detriment.