What's new

How About This?

NUMBERICA

2022 Award Winner
There are things more important than your preferred team winning a championship. This includes having a team that is composed of intelligent, hard-working, and decent people that love and play for every right reason. Top-to-bottom.

Yeah, I still want a championship here, but we have it pretty ****ing good right now.

I guess this could be an appreciation thread for having not just The Utah Jazz, but THIS Utah Jazz.

There are things more important than your preferred team winning a championship. This includes having a team that is composed of intelligent, hard-working, and decent people that love and play for every right reason. Top-to-bottom.

Yeah, I still want a championship here, but we have it pretty ****ing good right now.

I guess this could be an appreciation thread for having not just The Utah Jazz, but THIS Utah Jazz.

In my granted, limited experience; being intelligent, hardworking and decent is normally a barrier to success. I find being deceitful, bone ignorant and lazy is normally a recipe for success, most of my mangers at work would comfortably tick all three of those boxes.

Last edited:

I agree. As a Jazz fan, I’ve always been proud of the type of organization the Miller family has built and what they stand for. That being said, the current squad (including our GM, HC, and entire coaching staff) seem to have taken it to the next level. I know it won’t play out like this, but I’d totally be fine with the Jazz resigning Favors, Exum, adding a stretch 4 via the draft and rolling with the same guys that
have such an amazing chemistry and brotherhood.

Hell, if Rudy doesn’t miss 26 games next year and Donovan improves as expected, who’s to say this team couldn’t compete for the 2 seed? Not only are these guys decent, hard working, team-first guys, it stands to reason that they haven’t even approached their ceiling as a team.

I’d also like to add that I’d love to see this squad have another crack at it next season especially with a healthy Sefelosha. Thabo’s ability to guard athletic wings probably means we finish OKC in 5, if not a clean sweep and I think the Houston series gets a lot more uncomfortable for the Rockets if we had had the opportunity to throw Thabo at Harden.

IAWTP
I thought how the organization handled departure of "He who shall not be named" last year really showed a lot of class. It made me proud to be a fan. I feel the same way watching this team. Win or lose, we have a fantastic team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

I’d also like to add that I’d love to see this squad have another crack at it next season especially with a healthy Sefelosha. Thabo’s ability to guard athletic wings probably means we finish OKC in 5, if not a clean sweep and I think the Houston series gets a lot more uncomfortable for the Rockets if we had had the opportunity to throw Thabo at Harden.

I love thabo but he is 34 years old coming off a knee injury good luck on him getting back to form any time soon.

Thabo was not only good on the court but also in the locker room. I think we should keep him around. He's not that expensive and a smart player who might be able to overcome this injury.

I assume the Jazz will look to replace him with a better player, but if they cant they will just opt back in.
That sentiment is basically the same for most players on the team.

There are very few role players that are going to be better than Sef was for us last year. There are even less that fit in with what our team culture is.

I doubt he has much or any drop off. He might get better now that he has had more time with this team after having a career best season .

You forgot the fake trade proposal that gets us over the top.

Negged.

That sentiment is basically the same for most players on the team.

There are very few role players that are going to be better than Sef was for us last year. There are even less that fit in with what our team culture is.

I doubt he has much or any drop off. He might get better now that he has had more time with this team after having a career best season .
Maybe, but they put him on a team option for a reason.

Maybe, but they put him on a team option for a reason.
Yes, just like every free agent acquisition last off season. They wanted the flexibility to chase a big free agent this off season since Hayward messed up our ability to do that last year. I think we will do the same thing if we fail this year to get anyone. Stay flexible and try again next year.

Yes, just like every free agent acquisition last off season. They wanted the flexibility to chase a big free agent this off season since Hayward messed up our ability to do that last year. I think we will do the same thing if we fail this year to get anyone. Stay flexible and try again next year.
That's not the reason. They did it because they are all aging guys.