What's new

HOW Did The Utah Jazz Get Away With This...

This is a youtube video posted a couple weeks ago that I think is worthy of discussion. Lauri and Walker have both proven themselves over that time.

I watched that video back then and those 2 have been even better since (albeit Beasley and Vando stocks have come down a bit).

If we can retain JC, add a better 2 way wing defender and get a major upgrade on PG... we are playoff bound next year.

I watched that video back then and those 2 have been even better since (albeit Beasley and Vando stocks have come down a bit).

If we can retain JC, add a better 2 way wing defender and get a major upgrade on PG... we are playoff bound next year.
It makes sense to keep JC past this season if he has no trade market for some reason, in the next month which is unlikely. But if that is the case and his value stays that way going into free agency as the season ends, and Rich doesn't find him a bag elsewhere ( good luck he won't).
Or Beasley gets hurt bad and they just decide to not keep him with the club option.
I don't see this team as a true contender for another 4 seasons easy. Markkanen has been great, Kessler a nice steal. But get real man, they a 500 club as is

We might be playoff bound already this season without adding anything. Crazy

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

It makes sense to keep JC past this season if he has no trade market for some reason, in the next month which is unlikely. But if that is the case and his value stays that way going into free agency as the season ends, and Rich doesn't find him a bag elsewhere ( good luck he won't).
Or Beasley gets hurt bad and they just decide to not keep him with the club option.
I don't see this team as a true contender for another 4 seasons easy. Markkanen has been great, Kessler a nice steal. But get real man, they a 500 club as is

He said playoff bound next season. You dont think we can make the playoffs next year?

I detailed 2 upgrades I think we need to make us playoff bound. I wasnt talking the team as is nor was I talking about being a true contender.

If you reply to a post it would be nice if you read it first. It was 49 words long.

Also 4 years is a very pessimistic window for a team starting near .500 who already has one AS, other future starters (at least Kessler if you want to count out JC), 14 FRPs and 3 or 4 perfectly tradable players to work with.

We might be playoff bound already this season without adding anything. Crazy

100% right! People talking about the necessity to tank incessantly and yet don’t want to acknowledge the adjustment after the surprise 10-3 start (not HermanG per se). Do some folks really think Hardy is that bad at substitutions, challenges and clock management?

Not referring to last night’s game either. That was an honest effort all around. There’s an art to tanking so as to keep the fans coming back for more. At home particularly, the better the team, the more honest the coaching effort. The occasional big name scalp goes a long ways to retain fan interest as does staying close in the playoff race imo.

I detailed 2 upgrades I think we need to make us playoff bound. I wasnt talking the team as is nor was I talking about being a true contender.

If you reply to a post it would be nice if you read it first. It was 49 words long.

Also 4 years is a very pessimistic window for a team starting near .500 who already has one AS, other future starters (at least Kessler if you want to count out JC), 14 FRPs and 3 or 4 perfectly tradable players to work with.
sure thing Mommy smh
I really don't care if you are unable to grasp the points I am giving you, and have to pretend I am disrespecting you, by disagreeing with the fanboy logic you employee then trying to tell me to behave. gtfo

100% right! People talking about the necessity to tank incessantly and yet don’t want to acknowledge the adjustment after the surprise 10-3 start (not HermanG per se). Do some folks really think Hardy is that bad at substitutions, challenges and clock management?

Not referring to last night’s game either. That was an honest effort all around. There’s an art to tanking so as to keep the fans coming back for more. At home particularly, the better the team, the more honest the coaching effort. The occasional big name scalp goes a long ways to retain fan interest as does staying close in the playoff race imo.
The best case is make the play in win a playoff series, and the Wolves pick lands in the top 4.
But the realist would say ( sounding pessimistic while doing so) that it is far more like The Jazz trade away JC or Beasley, and then after making the allstar game the Marksman/Finnisher becomes an inefficient chucker of contested shots while getting dt by everyone except other tankers The Jazz own pick is around 8th and the Wolves is around 5

He said playoff bound next season. You dont think we can make the playoffs next year?

Better chance of making play in or missing the play in even if they keep the vets at this point than be seeded top 6, and as far as next season they are not adding a legit point guard in free agency or via trades . not unless they draft one or trade Markkanen. I cannot remember the last time a rook point guard lead his team to the playoffs outside of a rare few

The best case is make the play in win a playoff series, and the Wolves pick lands in the top 4.
But the realist would say ( sounding pessimistic while doing so) that it is far more like The Jazz trade away JC or Beasley, and then after making the allstar game the Marksman/Finnisher becomes an inefficient chucker of contested shots while getting dt by everyone except other tankers The Jazz own pick is around 8th and the Wolves is around 5
I’d say scenario #2 is the most realistic, I mean save for the hypothetical draft positions. And miss you Beasley, thanks for your service, but if it’s Clarkson, gonna leave a mark. I for one will be in mourning and on hiatus.

I’d say scenario #2 is the most realistic, I mean save for the hypothetical drat positions. And miss you Beasley, thanks for your service, but if it’s Clarkson, gonna leave a mark. I for one will be in mourning and on hiatus.
at this point I am trading JC , he really probably deserves to be on a contender, and would say as much if you gave him some truth serum.

Better chance of making play in or missing the play in even if they keep the vets at this point than be seeded top 6, and as far as next season they are not adding a legit point guard in free agency or via trades . not unless they draft one or trade Markkanen. I cannot remember the last time a rook point guard lead his team to the playoffs outside of a rare few

You didnt answer the question.

sure thing Mommy smh
I really don't care if you are unable to grasp the points I am giving you, and have to pretend I am disrespecting you, by disagreeing with the fanboy logic you employee then trying to tell me to behave. gtfo
You disagreed with 2 points I never made... hence the rudeness in my post. Had nothing to do with your points or the fact that you have a different view our future (which I replied to in the last paragraph).

For a guy who calls out others as often as you do you really dont deal well with someone dishing back.

You didnt answer the question.

Yes i did "They are not adding a legit pg in free agency or via trades. not unless they draft one or trade Marky. I cannot remember the last time a rookie PG lead his team to the playoffs" if that doesn't tell you I think they WONT make the playoffs next season without a legit PG that isn't a rookie, I guess you just want to argue? whatever

Yes, the realist would say one of the most efficient scorers in the league is suddenly going to become an inefficient chucker. You are very bright.

Yes i did "They are not adding a legit pg in free agency or via trades. not unless they draft one or trade Marky. I cannot remember the last time a rookie PG lead his team to the playoffs" if that doesn't tell you I think they WONT make the playoffs next season without a legit PG that isn't a rookie, I guess you just want to argue? whatever

Saying I dont think they make the playoffs next year is the best way to tell someone you think they wont make the playoffs next year.
I guess you just wanted to argue.

Just funny that you think we will be worse next year than we are this year.

You disagreed with 2 points I never made... hence the rudeness in my post. Had nothing to do with your points or the fact that you have a different view our future (which I replied to in the last paragraph).

For a guy who calls out others as often as you do you really dont deal well with someone dishing back.
I responded to your view of this team , even if you think I didn't respond to what your "pints" were or were not. whatever