What's new

How do we fix this team?

I honestly wouldn't tinker too much with the current roster. I think DL will look for potential changes, but he isn't going to give terry rozier 15mil...lol....rozier is so over-hyped im sorry, but he's not all that.
Agreed about Rozier, but if you think the roster composition/minutes and salary allocation isn’t seriously flawed, you are kidding yourself. They are spending more than $30 million, two starting spots, and 60 minutes a game on guys that would be pure backups on contenders, while paying $11 million to one of their best players that gets DNPs half the time. Let’s not forget the $11 million being spent on another player that gets DNPs because he’s actually yet to prove he’s good at basketball.

A few very deliberate moves could swing this team on the strength of Mitchell, Gobert, Ingles, and Quin.

When was I whining? I was asking questions and was curious about others opinions. That is all. I think it's fair to ask these questions after a 50 point L. I think that you brought up some interesting points though.

Oh, I wasn't addressing your message specifically, it was more about the general vibe on the board so far this season. Sure, it's frustrating to watch them play with so little intensity at some points, it's frustrating to see them miss FTs and wide open 3s, but it's nothing we haven't seen before and that's the type of stuff that you actually expect this team to turn around sooner or later. The West is crammed right now, the freaking Memphis Grizzlies are the top team in the conference, the Warriors are 5th, the Rockets just got into the top-8 and there's only 5.5 games separating the best team from the second last. I think it all starts by winning a couple games at home (only a 2-5 record in SLC, whereas they've won 6 games on the road already) and getting back their identity: setting the tone defensively and executing on offense.

Replace Niang, Allen, Neto with actual NBA players so we can reduce Crowder to 25min of playing time per night should solve the problem.

Team looks tired for it being this early in the season, shows in the poor shooting/defense. Deep bench has been almost unplayably bad (Royce/Niang/Allen). Really really ought to at least try Crowder to the starting 4 to get off to some better starts.

So how do we fix this team?

Try to find one good player to build around Mitchell, Ingles, Crowder, and Gobert. Every other asset should be on the table to acquire this player.

Even if we "figure it out" and play better, this roster cant win anything substantial. Gobert, Ingles and Mitchell are amazing pieces many teams would love to have. Stop surrounding them with crap players and projects DL.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

The thought of trading Gobert crossed my mind, but that move could really hurt our brand. Gobert loves Utah and is committed to us. We won't get an AD or Kawhi Leonard level player if we traded Gobert. Toronto took a bunch of backlash for trading a loyal player for a top 5 player. We would get crushed if we traded Gobert for anything short of Lillard, Kuzma and assets, etc.

The thought of trading Gobert crossed my mind, but that move could really hurt our brand. Gobert loves Utah and is committed to us. We won't get an AD or Kawhi Leonard level player if we traded Gobert. Toronto took a bunch of backlash for trading a loyal player for a top 5 player. We would get crushed if we traded Gobert for anything short of Lillard, Kuzma and assets, etc.

How are the Raptors doing?

I’m not eager to trade Gobert — I ****ing love him and have been obnoxiously loud about that — but AD is an MVP candidate. He’s also not available.

I did mention Kuzma, but that isn't enough. I think there would be some local Utah and Mitchell support of Kuzma, but not worth Gobert.

I did mention Kuzma, but that isn't enough. I think there would be some local Utah and Mitchell support of Kuzma, but not worth Gobert.

The Lakers aren’t trading their second-best player on a dirt-cheap deal for anyone but an established superstar.

He’s also not worth Gobert. You’re not replacing him with anyone that isn’t a defensive stalwart at center or a superstar (AD happens to be both, so that’s not the toughest hypothetical call).

Food for thought:

The Pelicans are just AD and a bunch of guys around him to keep the floor spread and not **** up the defense. We don’t have AD (but Gobert is a superstar around the rim, not to mention DM), but there’s a lesson there.

I agree. Kuzma was a bad example for both sides. I just don't think we could get equal value for Gobert if we traded him.

Which was one of my main points when it got brought up last year.

It’s amazing what happens when players are hungry and hit their shots a couple of months later.

The lineup needs tweaking.

Mitchell. Rubio
Burks. Exum.
Ingles. O’Neale
Crowder. Niang.
Gobert. Favors

We need less playmakers on the court that need the ball. All that does is take the ball out of Mitchell’s hands. Far too often he just sits in the corner doing nothing. Ingles is great in the context of running their set plays and pick’n roll but when the play breaks down, and against the shot clock, creating on the fly just isn’t his game

The team could look very different next year with all the expiring contracts. I think DL has to be looking ahead to next year. We have Gobert and we have Mitchell on his rookie deal. Everyone else is really just a role player. Ingles, Exum, Crowder and Grayson are in the rotation.

Burks, Favors, Rubio, Sefalosha, Udoh and Neto are all expiring. Quite frankly, I could see us letting go of all of them, except possibly Favors. Maybe keep Neto around again if he's buddies with Gobert.