What's new

How do you see the west shaping up?

sip

2024 Prediction Contest Winner
Now that everything is settled with the Lillard and Jrue trades how do you see things going?

1. Wolves
2. Nugs
3. Thunder
4. Suns
5. Kings
6. Pelicans ( If Zion plays around 60 games)
7. Lakers
8. Warriors
9. Mavs
10. Griz
11. Clippers
12. Jazz
13. Rockets
14. Blazers
15. Spurs

I guarantee I'm the only one with the wolves at the top but I think Ant takes that next step to being a top 10 player and paired with a healthy KAT is dominant duo offensively while Gobert and McDaniels are do it on the defensive end. The griz would be quite a bit higher for me if Ja wasn't out the first 25 games but without him I think they struggle during that stretch.

Ant is fine but the rest of the team is somewhat of a dumpster fire. Thunder still have a lot to prove though they do have pieces. Lakers are going to be much better as much as I hate to say it and same for Golden St. I think we'll be in that 8-10 range.

1. Nuggets
2. Suns
3. Grizzlies
4. Lakers
5. Wolves
6. Jazz
7. Warriors
8. Clippers
9. Kings
10. Mavs
11. Pelicans
12. Thunder
13. Spurs
14. Blazers
15. Rockets

Clippers/Warriors are too old/injured to finish high in a competitive West.

Kings way overachieved and struggle a bit this year.

Thunder is still teh SGA show and the other pieces arent as far along as people think.

When is @One Brow going to kick off the annual Western conference prediction contest?

Ant is fine but the rest of the team is somewhat of a dumpster fire. Thunder still have a lot to prove though they do have pieces. Lakers are going to be much better as much as I hate to say it and same for Golden St. I think we'll be in that 8-10 range.

I don't understand why you think the rest of the wolves roster is a dumpster fire. They have great front court depth with Gobert, KAT, Kyle Anderson and Naz Reid. Leonard Miller won't get minutes if they stay healthy but I'm a big fan of his and think he could give them some solid minutes if called upon. At sf I love Jaden McDaniels and he is the perfect complimentary piece to Ant and KAT. I'm not sure who his backup will be but I thought Josh Minott showed a lot of potential in summer league. I felt like they stole Shake Milton for 5mil a year and Troy Brown was also a solid signing at 4mil plus bringing back NAW as well for under 5mil. Conley should still be solid if they can keep him around 24 minutes a game. Overall I think they have a lot of depth and really like the way guys compliment each other.

The Wolves are a hard read because we still have no idea if Gobert/KAT actually work. If they dont work, like if those lineups are still mediocre at best, they are going to have a hard limit.