What's new

How does it feel to be the best team in the NBA?!

Feels good to be a top team now but I want that title.

With praise comes higher expectations. If we can't make it to at least the 3rd round this year it'll be a huge failure.

We've come a long way from the Corbin years, baby.
Corbin has a boring personality and was man enough to try and fill shoes that everyone knew couldn't be filled. I have mad respect for him. He's a good dude and meant well.

If you think about it, we've come a long way since Sloan. Jerry would probably have an aneurysm if he saw how many 3s the Jazz take. I used to hate 3 ball too and thought only great players and teams could take it inside. That's only half true.

Corbin has a boring personality and was man enough to try and fill shoes that everyone knew couldn't be filled. I have mad respect for him. He's a good dude and meant well.

If you think about it, we've come a long way since Sloan. Jerry would probably have an aneurysm if he saw how many 3s the Jazz take. I used to hate 3 ball too and thought only great players and teams could take it inside. That's only half true.
I've been thinking about that too. If he was still alive and well, he would definitely be throwing a beer can at a television set.

I've been thinking about that too. If he was still alive and well, he would definitely be throwing a beer can at a television set.
I'd like to think that he would warm to the idea too if it wasn't him coaching. He was stuck in his ways, discipline, and what he knew and that's why he was consistently great.

Ty was a little out of his depth as an NBA head coach, but I am glad he was given the job at the time. I like the idea of promoting from within because I like the idea of stability and an existing line of succession. At the time it went Sloan-Johnson-Corbin. When Jerry abruptly quit and Phil decided to quit too, it was nice not to have to be engaged in a search for a new coach. It's not Corbin's fault that Deron absolutely had to be traded and that the team was rebuilding. Hell, Corbin's first 2 full seasons, we had a winning record and the team wasn't exactly filled with stars.

One day, when Quin is no longer our coach, I'd like him to be replaced by an assistant too. I was hoping it'd be Igor, but unfortunately things happened as they happened. I'm now hoping the Jazz can lure Horny from Houston and groom him.

We have to keep up the solid D. Because there are going to be nights when we're missing, and you have seen what happens then. But if we can maintain the defensive effort, we can go a long way. The minivan has been playing great and has shown great effort on D despite his lack of athletic ability -- every time he hits a three, I call out, it's the mini-mother-fukker.

Sloan was still the coach during Okur's pick-and-pop 3s, IIRC.

Back in the 90s, almost no one was converting 3s at a reasonable rate. I think we shot something like 20% on 3s in the 98 Finals.

MOre than anything else, Sloan wanted to win, and he would have been fine taking tons of 3s if it were winning basketball.

If only the stupid Dennis Lindsay didn't ruin the team by trading for Conley, the Jazz could've gone undefeated this year.

He's like the luckiest guy ever to make nothing but bad moves and trip backwards into a winning team.

Probably any one of us armchair GMs could have built this team into a dynasty already. You know, cuz we're a lot smarter than dum dum Dennis and Just-as-bad Justin.
Absolutely. And those 2nd round picks he gave up to get the current roster to work. What was he thinking?

Sloan was still the coach during Okur's pick-and-pop 3s, IIRC.

Back in the 90s, almost no one was converting 3s at a reasonable rate. I think we shot something like 20% on 3s in the 98 Finals.

MOre than anything else, Sloan wanted to win, and he would have been fine taking tons of 3s if it were winning basketball.
Sloan was worried about the long rebounds from missed 3's turning into fast breaks on the other end. This is a valid worry if you cannot hit threes at a high rate. Bit us in the *** several times last year.

Like Quin always says, don't get too high, it's early in the season. Conversly, don't get too low when we lose a couple. It is enjoyable right now however.
Indeed. Very early in the season with some positive signs and also some concern areas.

Like Quin always says, don't get too high, it's early in the season. Conversly, don't get too low when we lose a couple. It is enjoyable right now however.

Forget this, I am sitting on State Street right now waiting for the parade. Who is with me!!!