What's new

How Good are We?

Hopefully better than most think. Just because I hate tanking.

That said, this season is good in the sense that if they are better than I think they are, it gives me more wins to watch. If they are worse, well, the Jazz have some draft picks to work with.

If we trade for Westbrook and if he has shooters (Sexton can hit the 3) surrounding him, than it's a playin team. We got to downgrade our shooting but we keep getting quality shooters (aside from Vando) and I would trade away any center that starts to show promise (Dok, maybe Vando if takes up a level) and just go with Kessler and 10 day guys.

You actually think the Jazz are keeping Westbrook if they trade for him? Lol

Last edited:
Just for reference, in 2013/14 our main players were Trey Burke, Alec Burks, Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter. (Gobert spent the season in the D-league.) Those young players had a number of games where they were able to compete with other teams' starters.

However, off the bench the Jazz were playing guys like John Lucas, Ian Clark, Richard Jefferson, Jeremy Evans and Marvin Williams. Once we factored in the bench, there was no way that the roster as a whole had the ability to score above the low 90s. The Jazz finished the season with 25 wins and won a coin toss with the Celtics to win the #5 pick in the 2014 draft.

Just for reference, in 2013/14 our main players were Trey Burke, Alec Burks, Gordon Hayward, Derrick Favors and Enes Kanter. (Gobert spent the season in the D-league.) Those young players had a number of games where they were able to compete with other teams' starters.

However, off the bench the Jazz were playing guys like John Lucas, Ian Clark, Richard Jefferson, Jeremy Evans and Marvin Williams. Once we factored in the bench, there was no way that the roster as a whole had the ability to score above the low 90s. The Jazz finished the season with 25 wins and won a coin toss with the Celtics to win the #5 pick in the 2014 draft.

Also just for reference…those young people players on the Jazz go their *** beat. The 13-14 Jazz were not bad because the bench was bad. They were bad because the players they played a lot were not good enough. The Hayward, Burke, Burks types got destroyed in the court and that’s what led to 25 wins.

If anyone thinks that a decent starting lineup and bad backups leads to 25 wins they are distant from reality. The idea that it was not our main players: Hayward, Favors, Kanter, Burke, Burks that led to 25 wins is completely fake.

Vegas is setting the Over/Under for the Jazz at 32.5 games, tied with the Sacramento Kings. I like the Under here. I think the Jazz can end with a bottom-6 record coming in just below teams like Orlando and Detroit.

Spurs, Pacers, Rockets, Thunder, Jazz and Pistons should really be the bottom 6, imo.

Vegas is setting the Over/Under for the Jazz at 32.5 games, tied with the Sacramento Kings. I like the Under here. I think the Jazz can end with a bottom-6 record coming in just below teams like Orlando and Detroit.

Spurs, Pacers, Rockets, Thunder, Jazz and Pistons should really be the bottom 6, imo.

Pound the under before the line changes.

UNDER.

We have a lot of guys that can hit shots, but we will be a bottom 5 defensive team next year, of that I am fairly certain. I was going to wait until the final roster was more set, but I'm not sure anything we do at this point will change that too much.

If you go back the last 5 years where we had an 82 game season, the average win total for teams with a bottom 5 defensive ratings is 27. Only 4 of those 25 teams had a win total above 32 games.

Clarkson, Beasley, and Lauri are all win now players. There are also a couple others that could be as well such as Vando and Fontecchio.
Sexton is definitely a win now guy as well. He may be young but also going into his 5th season and one season removed from putting on 23, 4 and 3 on really good shooting percentages. Also Ochai is about as nba ready as you will get as a rookie. The same goes for THT. He is entering his 4th season and I'm expecting a breakout season. This current roster of shooters should compliment him really well and he looks like he is in the best shape of his career.