What's new

How many Jazz fans would want D'Antoni?

HighlandHomie

Looks like he could get canned in LA. He's never really had much of a chance with Dwight/Kobe egos, then a trainwreck of a roster this year.

I think our guys would flourish under him, plus he'd have a legitimate PG to work with and run the show.

I'd be happy if he were to be Corbin's replacement. What about you?

*Disclaimer*
Totally baseless speculation but that is what message boards are for

Looks like he could get canned in LA. He's never really had much of a chance with Dwight/Kobe egos, then a trainwreck of a roster this year.

I think our guys would flourish under him, plus he'd have a legitimate PG to work with and run the show.

*Disclaimer*

Hire Mike D'Antoni? The idea makes me cringe. He does not impress me at all.

No thanks.

i want a nice balance between an offensive system and defensive scheme.
he has No defensive scheme whatsoever.

he would be an improvement over Corbin.

but heck even a bucket of dhiaria is an improvement over corbain

I dont know..... my first thought is no and then i think of that pheonix team with him and realize that was one of the funnest teams to watch that i have ever seen.

Definately not my first choice but im open to just about anything besides corbin

No. As he's a "veteran coach" I fear he'll get the same veteran treatment Corbin gives his players. I don't think he commands an intimidating presence. That's problema número uno for me.

D'Antoni been given three HC jobs now with three elite teams.
He does not have much to show for it does he.
How many chances should he get to be an NBA head coach?

D'Antoni been given three HC jobs now with three elite teams.
He does not have much to show for it does he.
How many chances should he get to be an NBA head coach?

Lakers were elite when Dantony got there?

Rofl.

Lakers are always a top five HC job in NBA no matter how bad they may currently be.

In Phoenix the guy had three all-stars including the league's MVP still couldn't make it out of the conference in the playoffs. Did nothing in New York, nothing in LA.

Dude blows - I remember when he was in Phoenix Sloan used to coach circles around him.

I'd rather have him than Ty, but that's damning with faint praise. In general, no, I think there are better coaches out there.

Better than Corbin ... but no. We need knew blood, a fresh outlook. I remember I was one of the first to call for Horny, maybe the first. That was at least a couple of years ago, and maybe even during Corbin's first season after Jerry left.

Hornacek is a good coach but he's not doing Suns any favors right now.
Suns finish middle of the pack .
Get an average draft pick.
They won't get enough to contend.
They get on the Jazz treadmill of average playoff team and never become a true contender.

Hornacek is a good coach but he's not doing Suns any favors right now.
Suns finish middle of the pack .
Get an average draft pick.
They won't get enough to contend.
They get on the Jazz treadmill of average playoff team and never become a true contender.

Yeah, kind of like how Vogel got the Pacer's an 8th seed and now they are a treadmill team...... .wait, lol what?

*Disclaimer*

He is not exactly been know for coaching defense which is a Jazz weakness. Personally, I am not a big fan of his style.

D'Antoni would be a perfect fit. We already have guys who don't play good defense. Hire D'Antoni and they wouldn't have to worry about playing defense at all.

No. No no no no no no no.

He MIGHT be fun to watch if he goes full on all offense, but I'm not sure he's got anymore tricks up his sleeve.

I like dantoni despite the critics. I value his coaching more than most