What's new

How many schools that you went to growing up still exist?

Duck Rodgers

Just curious. My high school is slated to be destroyed in a couple years and that will be the last one. My elementary school is gone. My middle school is gone...... I got nothing. I probably never even existed. The future Duck Rodgers Jr. will never walk his dad's former schools. The American people will never get to turn their future president's schools into museums. No, but really...I realize my nostalgic argy bargy isn't the first consideration on whether or not to demolish these things....but it kind of sucks to be just a bit over a decade out of high school and have no physical markers to reminisce on. Pretty sure all my parents' schools still exist.

Let's see...

First elementary school (Webster) was combined with another one, and moved into a temporary building while the demolished the original and built a new building (Bennion). The temporary building is now a private school. I never attended the rebuilt school, it opened the year after I went to Jr High

The Jr High (Bryant) was a brand new building when I went there, and I believe it is still there.

The First High school (East) was partially demolished and rebuilt.
Second high school (Marmalade Hills) no longer exists.
Third high school (Jordan) no longer exists.

So... Really, only 1 left. (I assume you're talking about physical buildings.)

Last edited:
Most of them.

My elementary school, Franklin, has been completely rebuilt. When I went there is was a very old school, I think it was built in the 50s.

Not sure if Indian Hills Middle School in Sandy is still there, but Union Middle School is still there.

Hillcrest is still there. Valley High School has moved but I think it still exists. That's another one that was in a super old building. The building is still there but it is abandoned. It was an old *** elementary school before it was used as Valley High.

Last edited by a moderator:
Truman Elementary still stands. Valley Jr High is still going strong. Granger High was torn down after they built a new one next door. Oddly enough, my parents dated while attending Granger, my older brother and his wife dated while attending Granger, and my wife and I dated while attending Granger. I even had some of the same teachers my parents, aunts, and uncles had.

Truman Elementary still stands. Valley Jr High is still going strong. Granger High was torn down after they built a new one next door. Oddly enough, my parents dated while attending Granger, my older brother and his wife dated while attending Granger, and my wife and I dated while attending Granger. I even had some of the same teachers my parents, aunts, and uncles had.
Ha. My parents dated whole attending Granger high as well.

All of my schools still exist. In fact, I think all three were in the news for fake bomb threats or some other fake crime this last school year. Kind of funny.

Ha. My parents dated whole attending Granger high as well.

All of my schools still exist. In fact, I think all three were in the news for fake bomb threats or some other fake crime this last school year. Kind of funny.

What years were they there?

My parents graduated in 72. They may recognize the names. Lee Haas and Colleen Wimmer.

I'm sure they would know them. Now that I think of it, my dad graduated in 71, and my mom in 72. Knut carter and Susan young.

The school I went to K-4 is relocated so technically gone. 5th grade still exists. Middle school is now an elementary school. Jr high is relocated so technically doesn't exist. HS does still exist.

David Gourley, kearns jr, and kearns high all still exist.