What's new

How many second round draft picks this upcoming draft?

two - Utah's(currently #42) and Cleveland's(currently #53)

Boston, Philly and Utah are loaded with picks over the next 4 drafts.

Boston has 4-5 first rounders this draft. Philly has 4 1st rounders + 5 2nd rounders this draft.

This is totally Boston's and Philly's strategy: To Hoard all the picks between them. If no one has a 1st round pick, then no one gets better!

Syndrome.jpg

Attachments

• Syndrome.jpg
    Syndrome.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 6
Did I count that right? Cleveland has 5 second round picks in this draft? At what point does a stockpile of assets begin to lose value because you can't use them all yourself, and everyone knows you are trying to hock them?

Did I count that right? Cleveland has 5 second round picks in this draft? At what point does a stockpile of assets begin to lose value because you can't use them all yourself, and everyone knows you are trying to hock them?

No - it's Philly who has the five 2nd round picks.

No - it's Philly who has the five 2nd round picks.

Yep, i went back and I read the details, Cleveland has the chance to receive 5 2nd round picks this year, but they are all heavily protected and it is unlikely they would get more than one.

Boston, Philly and Utah are loaded with picks over the next 4 drafts.

Boston has 4-5 first rounders this draft. Philly has 4 1st rounders + 5 2nd rounders this draft.

Jazmir Hadiolevic be prepared to be drafted by Philly.

If Philly keeps their picks they'll almost certainly be looking for some foreign talent - something I see us doing as well as our roster is almost full.

I would rather take a flyer on draft and stash types than the Harrisons.

This.^

Give me a couple of young Euro players and see if they develop. Really like Vezenkov and Jaiteh. Or trade the picks as part of a package to move up in the 1st round.

Second round picks are no risk picks.
There is no guaranteed money in play.
The more the better as I see it.
If you get an NBA player with any second round pick it's a huge bonus.

Second round picks are no risk picks.
There is no guaranteed money in play.
The more the better as I see it.
If you get an NBA player with any second round pick it's a huge bonus.
It's a good spot to take a shot on some older guys who might have the talent, but didn't show the elite level athleticism in college. Draymond Green, Khris Middleton, Chandler Parsons and Isaiah Thomas are all good examples of that. Plus there's the guys that slip due to character or maturity concerns like Lance Stephenson and Hassan Whiteside.

It's a good spot to take a shot on some older guys who might have the talent, but didn't show the elite level athleticism in college. Draymond Green, Khris Middleton, Chandler Parsons and Isaiah Thomas are all good examples of that. Plus there's the guys that slip due to character or maturity concerns like Lance Stephenson and Hassan Whiteside.
Older guys or guys you can draft and stash. Either seems like a good option.

The only problem is you have to bring them in to get a look at them. You do have to give them a contract to do that.

I think we will draft and stash at least one pick. I'd like to see us use one on Chris McCullough. Would have gone higher but tore his ACL. We can give him a year to rehab and develop in the D League. We just don't have the PT for developing multiple rookies next year.