What's new

How much would you offer Malcolm Brogdon this summer?

Is Brogdon less likely to sign with the Bucks now that they signed Bledsoe to an extension? I would love for Brogdon to be in a Jazz uni next season.

just give him all we've got and see what happens. Doesn't matter if he resigns or not, hope the decision is made quickly so we can plan our next move accordingly. Rubio is as good as gone.

Bogdanovic is good, but I don’t understand why it was not signed 1 year and a half ago... He W as FA (signed at 10.5), post GH decision..

I think Brogdon’s my second choice. Tobias is definitely my first choice of the remotely-gettable crop. But that’s a quick pivot if it doesn’t fly. You get Brogdon to sign an offer sheet and Milwaukee probably sits on that as long as possible and if they match the Jazz could be hosed.

The Bucks are deep. Remember they beat us pretty handily earlier in the year without Giannis.
Ya I really like their roster. Not many holes in it if any at all. Great starting lineup. Everyone fits well. Good bench. Good coach.

I think that have a real shot, and the best shot, to dethrone the warriors.

Hopefully they are tired tonight and giannis isn't

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

U people better get used Dante being the pg. That's what it's going to be. The jazz didnt get Conley cause they didn't give Dante to Memphis. It's pretty obvious in my eyes. The jazz know how good Dante can be. They know more than everyone on this forum

Regardless of what we or the front office think of rXum, we’re going to need someone to play pg while Dante misses half the season due to “bad luck” injuries (since he’s not injury prone...)

Not to mention we’ll have to deal with a lot of “shaking off the rust” time from his constant injuries, so expect him to play < 20mpg for much of the season (again).

I’ve always felt a decent player who plays 75+ games is better than a good player who plays 50. That said, I’m not sure rXum’s 7p/3a/2r on 43%/30%/79%, 12.6 PER -0.2 VORP, counts as a “good player” anyway.

Last edited:
Something in the 20-25M range causes some pain for them with Bledsoe re-signed. It is an overpay and they may match and let Niko walk. Their issue is they likely can't pay Lopez what he will command and he has been important for them. They don't have full bird rights. They likely want to retain a stretch big and may want to allocate funds for Niko.

If we miss on Harris and Middleton rather than making a high toxic offer with Malcolm you might try to negotiate a contract and engage Milwaukee in a sign and trade for draft comp. $20M per year seems about right for Malcolm... $25-27M (his max starts at 27) is a definite overpay, but may not be so bad that you can't move him if you needed to. If they won't do a sign and trade you drop the toxic offer sheet in their lap.. can start it at $27M to inflict the most luxury tax pain possible and descend the yearly amount by 5% each year to take some edge off the later years.

Stealing FAs doesn't really get you the best value contract wise... Harris, middleton, Butler, kemba, all these guys will get max and might not quite be worth it.

I think brogdon is perfect for the jazz. Great shooter. Doesn't need the ball in his hands to be effective so Spida can dominate the ball. Yet can create and handle if needed. Has good size to play next to DM (though I wish he were a couple inches taller. Not a big deal though).

I think he could really unlock the offense.

26 years old is a pretty good age going forward with DM and gobert too.

**** it, max him if you have to. At least it's only 27 million rather than 30+ like many other overpaid dudes. (Love, hayward, cp3, etc)

Something in the 20-25M range causes some pain for them with Bledsoe re-signed. It is an overpay and they may match and let Niko walk. Their issue is they likely can't pay Lopez what he will command and he has been important for them. They don't have full bird rights. They likely want to retain a stretch big and may want to allocate funds for Niko.

If we miss on Harris and Middleton rather than making a high toxic offer with Malcolm you might try to negotiate a contract and engage Milwaukee in a sign and trade for draft comp. $20M per year seems about right for Malcolm... $25-27M (his max starts at 27) is a definite overpay, but may not be so bad that you can't move him if you needed to. If they won't do a sign and trade you drop the toxic offer sheet in their lap.. can start it at $27M to inflict the most luxury tax pain possible and descend the yearly amount by 5% each year to take some edge off the later years.

Stealing FAs doesn't really get you the best value contract wise... Harris, middleton, Butler, kemba, all these guys will get max and might not quite be worth it.

Good post.
I really like that last paragraph. Jazz probably gonna have to bite the bullet and over pay. At least brogdon is healthy, young, and an ideal fit. Could be worse guys to overpay.

51% from the field, 43% from 3, 94% from the line, 58% efg. Dude can shoot. Those numbers tell me he is elite at shooting and one of the best in the entire NBA.

51% from the field, 43% from 3, 94% from the line, 58% efg. Dude can shoot. Those numbers tell me he is elite at shooting and one of the best in the entire NBA.

I just wonder if he can ramp up his usage a bit. They may bite the bullet and match even a max deal on him. They may be able to find a home for Snell and make the money work.

I just wonder if he can ramp up his usage a bit. They may bite the bullet and match even a max deal on him. They may be able to find a home for Snell and make the money work.
With shooting numbers like that they probably should match.

As for ramping up his usage as pertains to us I figure DM will continue to have the high usage so I would be fine if he has low usage at elite efficiency. His shooting presence could make DM and gobert take a big leap. There is extreme value in that alone. Maybe keeping him low usage would also allow him to save energy for defense and we could put him on the tougher defensive assignment and allow DM an easier defensive assignment to save energy for all the offensive usage.

Unless the Bucks get bounced in the playoffs early I’m sure they’ll bring back the whole team. Brogdon and Middleton for sure.

Hopefully I’m wrong because I’d love a Mitchell, Brogdon backcourt.

I really like Brogdon, but I just don't understand why they would let him go. He, like Bledsoe, fits so well next to Giannis. Both are good defending, good shooting versatile players who don't demand the ball.

To sign him to an offer sheet, we have to decline Favors. I guess we could do that and hope we can re-sign Favors to a cheaper long term deal should Milwaukee match the offer sheet.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app