What's new

How the CJ Miles Experiment began...

vslice02

C.J. Miles' breakout game as a 19-year old rookie, with 23 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks and 1 steal in the 2005-06 season finale against the Warriors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHIx9-kpCT8

Granted CJ didn't permeantly work his way into the lineup until 2008, but this was CJ's signature performance as a rookie that showed glimpes of his potential. I recall heading into the offseason this outburst created a tremendous amount of buzz and excitement amongst Jazz fans.
Ah, NBA player development and progression can be so misleading at times.

AWESOME thread idea. Rep'd, if I can.

EDIT: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later. I'll catch ya'

...He then proceeded in the next 7 games to put up a measly 15% shooting, 2 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 4 Turnovers all per 48 minutes giving birth to the "Can the C.J. Miles experiment please end?" thread.

If I have to watch this guy check-in to the game one more time over Burks I'm going to ****ing scream.

Wow, thanks. I don't think I saw that game.

Several things that are relevant to his game today stood out. CJ in that vid was shooting moving straight up. Every time. Somehow CJ became enamored with the off tempo shot. CJ is a rare player who can spot up and create. Jazz fans hate him because of his obsession with making his shot harder.

I actually heard him say in the interview after the game that he had to be in balance in order to make a shot. Maybe Boller made him say that I don't know but it was the first time I'd ever heard him admit that a different approach might make his shot better.

I know I am in an extreme minority that not only believes CJ will be re-signed but will thrive in the near future. KOC will sign this dude for low money and I think Miles will thrive under Corbin. KOC will look like some kind of long term savant.

Several things that are relevant to his game today stood out. CJ in that vid was shooting moving straight up. Every time. Somehow CJ became enamored with the off tempo shot. CJ is a rare player who can spot up and create. Jazz fans hate him because of his obsession with making his shot harder.

I actually heard him say in the interview after the game that he had to be in balance in order to make a shot. Maybe Boller made him say that I don't know but it was the first time I'd ever heard him admit that a different approach might make his shot better.

I know I am in an extreme minority that not only believes CJ will be re-signed but will thrive in the near future. KOC will sign this dude for low money and I think Miles will thrive under Corbin. KOC will look like some kind of long term savant.

Please migrate with CJ.

Sums up what the minority has been saying the last 7 years doe.

[/B]

Sums up what the minority has been saying the last 7 years doe.
At one point it was a slim majority. Then time did it's awful dance and Miles shot more awful shots and most of that majority migrated to reality.

CJ's shot looks killer in that video. They actually look like they have a chance of going in before it leaves his hand.
Every shot that CJ makes now never looks like it's going it.

CJ's shot looks killer in that video. They actually look like they have a chance of going in before it leaves his hand.
Every shot that CJ makes now never looks like it's going it.

Yeah, I noticed his shot seemed a bit different in that video than it does now. He seems to have more of a windup effect on his jumper nowadays.

They closed the CJ Miles please end this experiment thread. Be careful complaining about the Clown. 40,000 view and they shut it down. The Jazz are afraid of the truth. They should learn from this guy.

John Wooden, UCLA BB coach, won 7 national titles in a row and (67-73) and never made more the $35k/year and turned down the lakers where he could have made 10 times as much. He was an English teacher who liked BB.