What's new

How To Break Gordon Out Of His Shooting Slump

Just wondering, what do you guys think he's fg% should be or you would like it to be at?
I'm not greedy, I wish Hayward could at least be an "average" shooter...(i.e., the league average is ~45%). Is that too much to ask?

Just wondering, what do you guys think he's fg% should be or you would like it to be at?
45%/37%.

As it stands now, Gordon is on a CJ-like descent into shooting hell. Were it not for an uptick in his 3-PT% last year, all his shooting numbers would have declined every year since his rookie season. That's not an encouraging trend.

If Hayward wants to improve his shooting percentage, he should add a post up game. He's taller than most guys guarding him. Unfortunately, he has no post moves, except a fadeaway, even when a much smaller guy is guarding him. He's a horrible finisher. He misses some unbelievable easy layups. His shot is also inconsistent. Sometimes it looks good and effortless, sometimes it looks all ****ed up. My guess is he will shoot better next year, since he knows now what to expect as a number one or two option on offense. I'm also glad he's shooting like crap this season. He will probably have to accept less money than the Jazz offered him at the start of the season.
I'm a huge Hayward fan. But if this season has proved anything, it is that Hayward should be a third option on offense. Maybe second if he works hard on his shooting and finishing.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

If Hayward wants to improve his shooting percentage, he should add a post up game. He's taller than most guys guarding him. Unfortunately, he has no post moves, except a fadeaway, even when a much smaller guy is guarding him. He's a horrible finisher. He misses some unbelievable easy layups. His shot is also inconsistent. Sometimes it looks good and effortless, sometimes it looks all ****ed up. My guess is he will shoot better next year, since he knows now what to expect as a number one or two option on offense. I'm also glad he's shooting like crap this season. He will probably have to accept less money than the Jazz offered him at the start of the season.
I'm a huge Hayward fan. But if this season has proved anything, it is that Hayward should be a third option on offense. Maybe second if he works hard on his shooting and finishing.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

His lack of post-game has always driven me bonkers. I think he really worked on adding a floater to his game, and it had flashes of consistency earlier this season before his FG% didn't become a train-wreck. Hopefully he starts adding a post-game to his repertoire-- it'll completely open an entirely different aspect of his game, and h'd be so good passing out of it if he ever drew a double, or a switched-defender.

Only this would improve his percentage. Let him just shoot high percentage shots, making cuts and operate at open court.

This is something I don't get. If we drafted this awesome point guard why is he playing combo/SG to Hayward's point forward?