What's new

How to get a hold of our broadcast team?

I put our broadcast teams in the top 1/3rd. Have no problem with them and I think we could do a lot worse.
Agreed. The big thing I hate is complete bias ness which isn’t a problem for Matt or Boler. Missed pronunciation and whatnot don’t bother me at all, even the cheesy ****, I could care less

Like that Greg Garber bozo who covers tennis. Went out of his way to pronounce Djokovic's name as "Joko-vick." The only one in the tennis world that pronounced it that way.

I didn’t quite say that. Boler certifiably is, though.
Boler is far from an embarrassment. I’ve seen all of the other announcer teams make all of the same mistakes Boler does. He’s no HotRod, but no one is. He’s knowledgeable of the game, and not a complete homer like most team broadcasters are, and has one of the best voices in the biz.

Boler is far from an embarrassment. I’ve seen all of the other announcer teams make all of the same mistakes Boler does. He’s no HotRod, but no one is. He’s knowledgeable of the game, and not a complete homer like most team broadcasters are, and has one of the best voices in the biz.
Um, he is absolutely NOT knowledgeable about the game. He says the same **** about everything. Calls plays wrong all the time, gets the players mixed up, doesn't know the basic plays (skip pass is just one example), and the fact that he continually makes the same mistakes tells you he doesn't really care any more than a casual fan. He reads the blurbs put in front of him, says his annoying catch phrases, and cashes his 6-figure checks. Easily one of the worst in the league.

Being that I have to stream every game I often get the other teams feed and I have seen precious few worse imo.

Um, he is absolutely NOT knowledgeable about the game. He says the same **** about everything. Calls plays wrong all the time, gets the players mixed up, doesn't know the basic plays (skip pass is just one example), and the fact that he continually makes the same mistakes tells you he doesn't really care any more than a casual fan. He reads the blurbs put in front of him, says his annoying catch phrases, and cashes his 6-figure checks. Easily one of the worst in the league.

Being that I have to stream every game I often get the other teams feed and I have seen precious few worse imo.
These aren’t just Boler mistakes.

he has so many people around him who like him, you’d think someone would clue him in. So annoying.
Maybe he is one of those guys who seems like a great guy in front of the camera and in reality he's a huge *******

Everyone, let’s slow clap for this assdick. He obviously has the job a being a sports broadcaster completely figured out.

He probably works at Arby’s.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Everyone, let’s slow clap for this assdick. He obviously has the job a being a sports broadcaster completely figured out.

He probably works at Arby’s.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz
Yay I got called a name by firegirl! I feel like I belong now! Do another one, blend some other body parts and be more vulgar! I feel like you've really lightened up your schtick lately.

Like that Greg Garber bozo who covers tennis. Went out of his way to pronounce Djokovic's name as "Joko-vick." The only one in the tennis world that pronounced it that way.

Bozo. Greatly underutilized word. Nice job.

Not sure if Matt (Harpring) will be active for tonight's game against the Nets as an analyst, but hopefully some of them are (still) secretly active here on forums, because they clearly don't give a damn about my suggestions via Twitter on how to properly pronounce some of the names regarding players from Ex Yugoslavia... or at least Bojan's last name.

Matt (& Co.)... I know this is not your second season as an announcer, but technically it is when it comes to Bogey being a Jazz player... so (please) apply your new opinion on how players will improve drastically in their 2nd season to yourself (pun intended).
Because this way you're slowly losing your hard earned fans.

It's pretty simple... you pronounce first letter O in Bogey's last name as if you were British,.or the way you pronounce letter O in:
- gObert
- bOlerjack
- bOgey
- bOjan

By the way, same applies to Dončić... seeing how he is mentioned everywhere these days.

Also, I don't to be a Grammar Nazi or whatever it is called these days when it comes to pronunciation... but just so you know, there's no T in Clarkson

Sent from my SM-G988U using JazzFanz mobile app

I was following the reddit thread for one of the recent games and people just kept ragging on Boler and Thurl. Kept saying they were boring (true), unknowledgeable (kinda), and homers (wtf you ever listen to a houston broadcast?)

I think they're maybe in the top half but like, somewhere between 10-15. I wish they had more of a stat nerd on from time to time, that could discuss other teams more in depth. I think the entire broadcast doesn't spend much time watching any team but the Jazz.